Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SashimiMark
Stats: in love with myself
WOE: organic whole foods with lots of fat
Start Date: January 2008
It's really good in a glass of Hansen's ginger ale.
SashimiMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Hey MG - good to see you...still doing good? Thanks for the info on the ACV, wasn't sure after the reading about it should be on the shelf...
duece49424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Hey Jane!

I'm happy to see you too!! Are you doing well?

Yup, I'm still hanging in here! I have my ups and downs and I also struggle with binge eating, but I'm plugging away!!

Thanks for asking!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

MG - I'm doing okay. I also struggle with binge eating...It embarrasses me so much that I can hardly get through a day without a binge of some sort. I admire these people who say they are going to do "whatever plan", and just do it. I wish I could be like that. I have not given up, keeping researching, reading, educating myself and maybe someday I will feel really good again. We have many of the same symptoms, and I also found out I have food allergies - rye, oats, wheat, gluten, cane sugar, crab, lobster, milk, yogurt...it seems like it's most of the food I was eating. I ate a lot of rye bread thinking I was eating healthy but, guess not. This is one of the reasons I need to be on LC/Atkins WOE. Besides thyroid, blood sugar problems, I have high blood pressure too. Menopause didn't help either. Trying to figure out if I'm just a carb/sugar craver, or if it's the candida that's really triggering my binges. Did you check for candida? My doctor checked and said I have it. So much to think about.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #365
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by duece49424 View Post
MG - I'm doing okay. I also struggle with binge eating...It embarrasses me so much that I can hardly get through a day without a binge of some sort. I admire these people who say they are going to do "whatever plan", and just do it. I wish I could be like that. I have not given up, keeping researching, reading, educating myself and maybe someday I will feel really good again. We have many of the same symptoms, and I also found out I have food allergies - rye, oats, wheat, gluten, cane sugar, crab, lobster, milk, yogurt...it seems like it's most of the food I was eating. I ate a lot of rye bread thinking I was eating healthy but, guess not. This is one of the reasons I need to be on LC/Atkins WOE. Besides thyroid, blood sugar problems, I have high blood pressure too. Menopause didn't help either. Trying to figure out if I'm just a carb/sugar craver, or if it's the candida that's really triggering my binges. Did you check for candida? My doctor checked and said I have it. So much to think about.

Jane, Have you checked the yeast/candida thread? I can't remember if you've posted there or not, it is on the medical issues board.

I'm asking because I think some of the amino acids, particularly glutamine have a big effect on the cravings. HTH.
Su11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Su - thanks - I think that's the thread where I first met you....I did get some glutamine after Prozak suggested it...

Also, I do believe that some of my cravings/binges are due to the Candida...I never heard of it until April when my doctor said I had it, then found the thread and learned more there than from my Doctor..
Old 09-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #367

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Su - thanks - I think that's the thread where I first met you....I did get some glutamine after Prozak suggested it...

Also, I do believe that some of my cravings/binges are due to the Candida...I never heard of it until April when my doctor said I had it, then found the thread and learned more there than from my Doctor..
:blush: I could have just gone and looked!

I just get so put out with myself now when I don't take it because it makes such a huge difference to me. I hope it does for you as well, although there are all kinds of reasons for cravings.
Su11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #368

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicMuffin View Post
Deb you pop up everywhere. I was just going to ask if you have to order it from the site or if you can it some place local.
i promise i am not stalking you! i just got faster internet and can really SURF now! *end thread jack*
you know GNC by Penney's??? you can get Bragg ACV there!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #369
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I'm going to stop being a slacker and remember to take my acv in the morning and in the evening. Bad habits are creeping in and I want to nip it in the bud!!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #370
Lovely, Luscious, Luxurious Loungie Brat

Location: KENTUCKY, Heart is in Essex, England (No white heels, blue eyeshadow, or dancing around my bag)
Gallery: CosmicMuffin
WOE: South Beach
Deb you are a stalker....

I will check that tomorrow after work. There is a dude there that likes me and talks my ear off when I go in there.
CosmicMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Lora - I would be careful with the ACV too late in the afternoon...it can keep you up at night. Just thought I would let you know in case you haven't heard that before
Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #372

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Lora - I would be careful with the ACV too late in the afternoon...it can keep you up at night. Just thought I would let you know in case you haven't heard that before
I have never heard that. I drink it at night just fine-it doesn't keep me up. Are you thinking of co? Co boosts your metabolism and keeps some up if taken late at night.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #373
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
JeNell, thanks for the words of encouragement.

I just went out and took my ACV out of the frige. It's been in there since we got power back on Thursday, I hope it's okay.

I'm on my 2nd bottle of 32 oz of water with 2 tsp vinegar in it. Don't know if I'll get the 3rd one in or not. Way behind today because of having my Mom over for her 2 hour pass. It took longer to get ready than I thought cuz I wanted everything to look pretty for her dinner. I cut her hair and she feels so much better now.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #374
LJB

Quote:
I don't think I had the sleepless nights while taking my ACV but I will tell you I have no desire for wine or sweets of any kind after taking it.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:41 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Lisa - I was having problems not sleeping when I took it, and someone told me they experienced it to....I think it was Fawn or Prozak..I'll check back on the site...I was only trying to help someone in case this would come up with me. I could not figure it out, but it was the ACV
Old 09-21-2008, 05:48 PM   #376

Quote:
Lisa - I was having problems not sleeping when I took it, and someone told me they experienced it to....I think it was Fawn or Prozak..I'll check back on the site...I was only trying to help someone in case this would come up with me. I could not figure it out, but it was the ACV
Most times it is used as a home remedy for sleeplessness. The only way it keeps me up at night is by making me pee more!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #377
LJB

Maybe some people had this effect when they had taken it at night. I felt fine. In fact, I'm going to take 2T with my water right now!

Down the hatch!

Last edited by LJB; 09-21-2008 at 05:53 PM..
Old 09-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #378
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TinaBina
WOE: L/C
I had insomnia when I took it at dinner time. If I take it in the afternoon I'm fine.
TinaBina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

It must just happen to some of us "lucky" ones
Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Awww Jane,
I'm so sorry!
You have a lot to deal with health-wise, so please take gentle care of yourself.

If you have Candida, that indeed could be causing your cravings. And Coconut Oil and Garlic and GSE help with that. Once you get that under control, I'll bet your cravings are easier to deal with.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

MG - you're right...working on the candida, eating lc, increasing my acv, and co...it is going better than I thought. Yesterday was the first day in a long time, I did not waiver and give in to the urge to have carbs/sweets, or just anything! Sometimes I don't care what I eat, I just feed the need. Having a good day so far today, also. I really want this weight to come off as I'm visiting my daughter in December and would love to set a realistic goal of some weight loss.
Does anyone have good ideas on how to use coconut milK? I will probably put into coffee and/or egg creams.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoooo hooooooo Jane!!!! Great going!!!

One hour at a time.

You and me, we're in the same boat.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:20 PM   #383
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: losin4good1980
Hey everyone ~ Just wanted to write a few things..... I've been doing ACV now for the past week and am definitely showing a drop in the scales and inches (I think I was retaining ALOT! LOL) In the beginning I took it just in water with some sweetner and had to gag it down.. after someone told me to mix it with ice tea mix, I drink it NON STOP! I use the Lipton Ice Tea to go packs (Peach flavor) and make 4L - using 4T of the ACV - I drink it all day long when I'm thirsty.. I'm sipping on it right now actually!!

So since it's natural, obviously you can't get TOO much in you, right? But I'm wondering if I'm hindering my weight loss with all of the Ice Tea powder.. yes I am still losing with what I'm doing now, but I wonder if I would be losing more? I dunno.. I don't know how this hidden carb stuff works.. it says zero carbs on the pack, but really.. is it? LOL

My other question I think was already asked but I don't remember seeing a response (if there was, please forgive me)... but can this make you break out in pimples? I normally have fantastic skin with no pimples - now I have 4-5 on my chin!! AHHHHHHHHHH! MY daughters christening is on Saturday and I'm wondering if I should give up the ACV for a few days to see if my skin clears up or maybe this is just a phase and it will go away after a few more days?

Thanks to any who reply!!!
losin4good1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #384
LJB

I started upping my ACV and noticed my hunger is less. Plus, I drank over 80oz. of water today and still going. I want to flush out the toxins from my body, naturally.

I had to buy the Bragg brand at my Whole Foods and noticed they have an ad on the bottle for their book. Has anyone read it?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katlj
Stats: 142/134/btw. 127-125 5'7"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart (again *sigh*): 8/4/09
My SO bought the book...not worth $10 IMHO.

losing4good - Just because something is natural does NOT make it good for you. I can't address the issue of too much ACV, but I imagine too much acid could cause potential problems.

Never had a response to my pimples question, but I now have some millia on my cheeks and I NEVER get pimples on my cheeks. I'm going to hope its detox and hope it goes away! Soon!
katlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

...I feel like I have diet ADD...eating to BMR, no dairy, low carb, ACV and CO, Yeast & Candida concerns, and I have so much to learn. Does anybody else feel like their head is just swimming? Water, water, water.......

MG - how was your day today? So far, I had chicken, chicken, and chicken & Broccoli, upping the CO as it is not bothering me so far. I find that by the time I go to bed, I think about food and just want to munch on something. I had cucumbers last night soaked in ACV...(used to be ice cream

Just ordered the book The Diet Cure. Lisa, does this encourage low carb eating? Can't wait to get it and study. Hope everyone is having a great day today!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #387
LJB

I did buy another type of vinegar at the grocery store. Garlic flavored wine vinegar. Oh, my! Mix the ACV, the wine vinegar, hot Chinese mustard, and red chili flakes and it tastes wonderful on dark leafy greens.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Kat - I have a few little bumps on my cheekand I never had bumps either. I have read in several places, that it is the toxins.....go to the beginning of the thread and there are several do's and don't's and side effects, etc. I had to look what thread I'm on, cause I'm on several and the other one is the Candida site with so much good info. A lot of these same people are on that one too.

I do have something weird happening. With all the ACV and CO, I feel I don't go to the bathroom as much as before _pee) I thought I would be peeing all the time, but, no, not me...I always gotta be different.....I drink at least 80-100 oz/per day, and have for years. I am watching my salt intake, and I had a lot of chicken which I marinated, so maybe that's it. Yikes...how confusing can it get....I hope I can figure my life out, real soon. Hope everyone had a good day!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #389

Quote:
...I feel like I have diet ADD...eating to BMR, no dairy, low carb, ACV and CO, Yeast & Candida concerns, and I have so much to learn. Does anybody else feel like their head is just swimming? Water, water, water.......

MG - how was your day today? So far, I had chicken, chicken, and chicken & Broccoli, upping the CO as it is not bothering me so far. I find that by the time I go to bed, I think about food and just want to munch on something. I had cucumbers last night soaked in ACV...(used to be ice cream

Just ordered the book The Diet Cure. Lisa, does this encourage low carb eating? Can't wait to get it and study. Hope everyone is having a great day today!
She recommends you to control carbs but not have them as low as Atkings Induction or early OWL. Her mealplans include healthy fats, polenta as a sweet or savory hot cereal, corn tortillas and even a loaded baked potato. She is also adamant about having 4 cups a day minimum of veggies. It is not a diet book but one giving advice on how to heal what ailments your body is suffering from through a supplementation program and healthy eating.

Last edited by lisabinil; 09-22-2008 at 04:50 PM..
Old 09-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #390
Senior LCF Member

losin4good1980 - the only thing I can say about your ice tea powder is, someone might say watch out for artificial ingred. I try not to have them, but I also, am using Chrystal Light right now with the ACV, so maybe that's what is making me feel bloated. Don't know.