Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Tina, I'm going to rock now with my vinegar water. And hey, if I see a smeared window, I'll just splash a little on it and wipe away. hee hee.
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #332
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Tina, going to go clean my frige/freezer out from our power outage here in Ohio (was without power from Sunday to yesterday) and fill it with SB stuff. Perfect opportunity!!! See you on the SB thread. With my vinegar water. LOL
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Is heinz a good brand acv?
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #334
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
Is heinz a good brand acv?
No. It is super refined and doesn't have the "Mother" in it.

It needs to be RAW apple cider vinegar so that all the good stuff, enzymes etc...are still in there.

The brand I use is "Braggs". Do an internet search on it and their website should come up. they have lots of information on their site.
Tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
personally i like the vinegeraid tooter told me about. tastes awesome and is quite refreshing actually. believe it is 2capfulls in a glass with 8 oz. of water and some ice and stevia for sweetner. thats what i do anyway. believe thats what she told me. tastes good to me i know that.
lazlo0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #336
Lovely, Luscious, Luxurious Loungie Brat

Location: KENTUCKY, Heart is in Essex, England (No white heels, blue eyeshadow, or dancing around my bag)
Gallery: CosmicMuffin
Ok I just happened on to this thread my accident. I did take 4 Tablespoons a day when I was in college daily. I forgot all about this stuff. What is the carb count?
CosmicMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #337
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
JeNell, did you lose when you were taking this in college. I've been doing 2 t. 3x day throughout the day and haven't lost anything, OF COURSE, I have not been watching diet at all, so I'm sure that's the problem. Im back on it tomorrow, my Mom is about ready to leave the rehab from her horrible automobile accident (some guy in an A/C van hit them from behind, sending her across a lane, she was in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway, across the grassy median and across the oncoming lane clear to the inside lane, hitting a Lincoln Town Car head on). She broke her neck in 2 places, was in a halo for 2 months, a cervical collar for a month and as of Sept 11 has been in a soft collar. She whole left side was crushed, had a puncture in her left lung. Her sister passed at the scene. Mom turned 81 in August and was the most amazing 80 year old I've ever seen, I just hope that she can get back to her normal self. She's walking with a walker now but she wants to get away from it. We're going to a hand surgeon on Monday at 2:45 because her hand is still very bruised, swollen and her fingers are still stiff. They have x-rayed it several times but nothing is broke, but before she leaves the rehab facility, hopefully sometime this week, the lawyer wants her to see a hand surgeon and get it on record and see what he recommends for treatment. So, I guess what I'm getting at here, I'd lost 18 pounds before the accident (since Jan) with WW and then I had a standstill, this past month I've gained about 8 pounds. NOW it's time for me to take care of me, I just found out that I have pre-diabetes (mixed with hypogycemia), I have hypothyroid, high bp, high cholesterol, asthma (plus I was born with a heart murmur) so I need to get back on my diet and get this weight off (59 pounds to go yet to get back to my WW lifetime goal weight).

Was just wondering how many of you are actually seeing improvement with this. I remember my Mom doing this with honey when I was younger. Don't want to do the honey cuz of the carbs.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/134/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlo0607 View Post
personally i like the vinegeraid tooter told me about. tastes awesome and is quite refreshing actually. believe it is 2capfulls in a glass with 8 oz. of water and some ice and stevia for sweetner. thats what i do anyway. believe thats what she told me. tastes good to me i know that.
I started drinking this, too, last Wednesday and find that I really like it. My weight has been going down a half lb. a day since I started doing this. I find that I'm not looking for stuff to snack on, so I believe there is some appetite suppression. I sure hope it keeps working!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:08 AM   #339

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
JeNell, did you lose when you were taking this in college. I've been doing 2 t. 3x day throughout the day and haven't lost anything, OF COURSE, I have not been watching diet at all, so I'm sure that's the problem. Im back on it tomorrow, my Mom is about ready to leave the rehab from her horrible automobile accident (some guy in an A/C van hit them from behind, sending her across a lane, she was in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway, across the grassy median and across the oncoming lane clear to the inside lane, hitting a Lincoln Town Car head on). She broke her neck in 2 places, was in a halo for 2 months, a cervical collar for a month and as of Sept 11 has been in a soft collar. She whole left side was crushed, had a puncture in her left lung. Her sister passed at the scene. Mom turned 81 in August and was the most amazing 80 year old I've ever seen, I just hope that she can get back to her normal self. She's walking with a walker now but she wants to get away from it. We're going to a hand surgeon on Monday at 2:45 because her hand is still very bruised, swollen and her fingers are still stiff. They have x-rayed it several times but nothing is broke, but before she leaves the rehab facility, hopefully sometime this week, the lawyer wants her to see a hand surgeon and get it on record and see what he recommends for treatment. So, I guess what I'm getting at here, I'd lost 18 pounds before the accident (since Jan) with WW and then I had a standstill, this past month I've gained about 8 pounds. NOW it's time for me to take care of me, I just found out that I have pre-diabetes (mixed with hypogycemia), I have hypothyroid, high bp, high cholesterol, asthma (plus I was born with a heart murmur) so I need to get back on my diet and get this weight off (59 pounds to go yet to get back to my WW lifetime goal weight).

Was just wondering how many of you are actually seeing improvement with this. I remember my Mom doing this with honey when I was younger. Don't want to do the honey cuz of the carbs.

Rebecca-

You have been through so VERY much! for you AND for your mom! What an achievement to recover so well after such an awful injury. I know it must have been/ still is very hard.

Both of my parents were fairly active and independent at 80 as well and it is so hard to see them become limited. I think we have the same sense of self at 80 as we do at 30... our bodies just don't always keep up with us.

I've been trying to see taking care of myself as just one more thing I'm doing for my family as well as something I'm doing just for me. Sometimes one part of that kicks me into action, sometimes the other makes it seem more like a real treat.

I'm hoping for the best for all of you.

I wouldn't worry too much about the honey carbs unless you are in active induction. It is sugar and should be treated as such, so I'd be more concerned if you needed to go to a different sweetner to avoid feeding yeast or something like that.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Su11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SashimiMark
Stats: in love with myself
WOE: organic whole foods with lots of fat
Start Date: January 2008
I bought a bottle of Braggs yesterday. Does this stuff need to be kept in the fridge after opening?
SashimiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:00 AM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashimiMark View Post
I bought a bottle of Braggs yesterday. Does this stuff need to be kept in the fridge after opening?
Nope! You can keep it in your Cupboard.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Mark,

No, it needs to kept at room temperature. And be sure to shake the bottle before each use to disperse the "mother" into it.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:30 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Hmm, is it a problem that it's been in my fridge since yesterday?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:34 AM   #344

Quote:
Hmm, is it a problem that it's been in my fridge since yesterday?
I don't think one day would hurt it.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #345

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
I can't wait to receive my Braggs in the meal...it's on the way. I pray it comes tomorrow. I'm ready to start receiving all the great benefits you all talked about.

Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

yes it is a really good drink. i dont use for wieght lose but have in the past. used to take it in pill form. its also an anti-ox i believe. helps alot of things. i have even put in a little green tea sometimes. just for a dif flav. i feeel the same on app. supress. its awesome stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
I started drinking this, too, last Wednesday and find that I really like it. My weight has been going down a half lb. a day since I started doing this. I find that I'm not looking for stuff to snack on, so I believe there is some appetite suppression. I sure hope it keeps working!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #347

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Rebecca130 for you and your Mother!

yup i really like the Bragg...i just ordered their olive oil and liquid aminos as well

if you go to their site they will send you a sample of their seasonings too
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
I saw the Braggs Liquid Aminos where I buy my acv. First thing I did was look at the ingredients :-) I was going to get some but it was kind of spendy so decided to wait. What, exactly, is that used for? Does it have the same benefits as the acv?
tomswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife View Post
I saw the Braggs Liquid Aminos where I buy my acv. First thing I did was look at the ingredients :-) I was going to get some but it was kind of spendy so decided to wait. What, exactly, is that used for? Does it have the same benefits as the acv?
It has Amino acids in it and has the flavor of soy sauce. In fact, it is made from soy. People could use this in their stir frys or mixed with the ACV, Olive oil and some spices to make a salad dressing.

It is completely made from soy and A lot of people have "soy" issues. Just a heads up, for those who can't have soy.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo|Primal Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
No. It is super refined and doesn't have the "Mother" in it.

It needs to be RAW apple cider vinegar so that all the good stuff, enzymes etc...are still in there.

The brand I use is "Braggs". Do an internet search on it and their website should come up. they have lots of information on their site.
Tooter, do you think my local Health Food Store would carry raw apple cider vinegar? They are closed today, so I can't call...I'll call them in the morning. I am CERTAINLY interested in this.
Sugar Free Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Melle, I found it at my health food store. Good chance yours will carry it as well.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo|Primal Newbie
Quote:
Melle, I found it at my health food store. Good chance yours will carry it as well.
Thanks! I can't wait to start using it.
Sugar Free Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
What happens to your ACV if you keep it in the fridge after opening? Would have to think that be keeping it cool, I'm not getting the benefits of it.

Also, i notice that a lot of you use it in your tea. Is this hot tea or iced tea. My ACV (not Braggs) says that heat will destroy the mother.

Sheryl
SLynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

From the Bragg's site, FAQs

Quote:
Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos,Systemic Enzymes, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products

7 - Should Bragg Liquid Aminos be refrigerated?

Bragg Liquid Aminos does not need to be refrigerated, either before or after opening/using, as it has a 3-5 year shelf life. However, we recommend that you keep the product out of direct sunlight, in a relatively cool location.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the info, MG. I'll keep it in my pantry. So far, I've only had it twice. I've heard it can help with inflammation, and my right rotator cuff has been giving me problems lately.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

personally i use it in my cold green tea which is arizona lite which is found in organic sestion of my hyvee food store. just adds a little bite to it other than that virually unnoticed. otherwise just put in a glass of water with packet of stevia and some ice. 2 cap fulls is what i use

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
What happens to your ACV if you keep it in the fridge after opening? Would have to think that be keeping it cool, I'm not getting the benefits of it.

Also, i notice that a lot of you use it in your tea. Is this hot tea or iced tea. My ACV (not Braggs) says that heat will destroy the mother.

Sheryl
Old 09-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

ianti-nflamation seems to be a part of it. have had prob. with femur since shattered 10 yrs ago. as well as liver and stomach inflamation. have had no prob sincedoing the acv and evco. prob a combo of both i think. dont know for sure just know it works.

Quote:
Thanks for the info, MG. I'll keep it in my pantry. So far, I've only had it twice. I've heard it can help with inflammation, and my right rotator cuff has been giving me problems lately.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #358
Lovely, Luscious, Luxurious Loungie Brat

Location: KENTUCKY, Heart is in Essex, England (No white heels, blue eyeshadow, or dancing around my bag)
Gallery: CosmicMuffin
Deb you pop up everywhere. I was just going to ask if you have to order it from the site or if you can it some place local.

Rebecca... I wouldn't expect you to lose weight with all you are dealing with at the moment. I actually started this in high school because my dad came in and said it was good for me. I also took Bee pollen for allergies but then it became a 2 teaspoons a day when we got bees. They say that really helps and the bees need to be local or with in a 3 mile radius. Don't use store bought honey.

As far as what it did for me. I noticed a change in my energy level, skin, nails, and hair. I was walking and watching my food so yes I lost weight. I did this for a long time and I guess when I moved I got out of the habit. But yes I noticed changes.
Mimi is my hero Melly is the BOMB!!! PAMI and SHELLY have SHOVELS!!!
CosmicMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
I have the Braggs ACV, and bought it last summer, then was told not to have vinegar due to candida, so I just kept it in my refrigerator. Just starting it again and says it has over a 5 year shelf life, but, I didn't keep it on the shelf. Wondering if it's still good? I think after reading so many posts, it has been discovered that it was probably meant for me to not have vinegar, not ACV. Also, most of the time I put it in my glass of Chrystal Light Lemonade...not bad.

CO info...been using that for over a year also, but when I first started did not know anything about it except it would be good for me. I started with way too high a dose - at least 3-4 T day and was so very sick. I didn't think I could ever take it again. I restarted (now, don't laugh) with 1/4 t. 3 x day, and have gradually increased it to where I now take 1T 3xday with no problems. I thought this could be helpful to someone that may have experience the same problems. As I said, I bought these, knew nothing about them, and started out wrong, but have learned by reading posts by many people here who have so much information....so, THANK YOU!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jane,

Your ACV is good.