Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 05:58 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Ok, I tried just a little more ACV tonight. I am allergic to it. Instant itching again and a headache from hell. I guess I will just have to use the coconut oil.

I am NOT allergic to ACV!!! I am definitely having a reaction to it. Is it a reaction to the yeast? I do not know. A food allergy would have caused me a severe reaction (epi pen wasn't needed). I still get the itching when I take it. I tried again and I started itching again. I still have a severe headache! I just feel like crap. I know that most of you do not have a reaction so quickly but, my immune system is so damaged and reacts quickly. I have mast cell syndrome on top of having lupus. The mast cell syndrome is worse than any of the other immune problems I have. It makes me highly sensitive to things. I think this is what happened yesterday.
Anyway, I am still here and will continue with the ACV and will pray it works in all areas from cravings to killing yeast...and maybe even weight loss.

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
kristin4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Locarb4me
Stats: 200/182/150
WOE: Low Carbish
Start Date: 6/12/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
boy that's quick but not impossible.

Don't take anything when you're detoxing. Let the body work on its own. Subtle assistance with lemons, sylmarin and fiber are one thing but benadryl isn't a good idea if in fact it's die off.
Why not? Just curious, not challenging. She said she was allergic to all types of wood and her reaction sounds more to me like allergy than detox. As you said, that was pretty quick for detox. Just wondering what your train of thought was there
Locarb4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by losin4good1980 View Post
"Common yeast die-off symptoms, some individuals may develop one or several of these concurrently

Fatigue, brain fog, gastro-intestinal distress such as nausea, gas, bloating, diarrhea or constipation, low grade fever, headache, sore throat, body itch, muscle and / or joint soreness or pain, feeling as if coming down with a flu"
Ok so when I took the ACV a few days ago I did wind up getting serious diarrhea (TMI!) which obviously means I had excess yeast?
How do you know if you have excess yeast? Sorry - I'm a little green in this area...I've had 2T of ACV today so I'm wondering if I should expect more of this bathroom business!! lol
form the web

Quote:
Following is a listing of symptoms seen in patients with chronic Candida overgrowth:

General Symptoms
Fatigue and a sense of being "ill" and "drained" are the dominant symptoms. These are often accompanied by irritability, difficulty in concentration, slow mentation, in coordination, and vague feelings of being "spaced-out." Excessive lethargy may lead to a sense of drowsiness.

Musculoskeletal Symptoms
Vague muscle aches, muscular weakness, pain with or without swelling in multiple joints, and tightness in chest wall.

Gastrointestinal Symptoms
Abdominal cramps, bloating, excessive belching, abdominal distention, constipation with bouts of diarrhea, excessive mucus in stool and rectal itching.

Ear, Nose, and Eye Symptoms
Sore throat or scratchiness in throat, dry mouth, white coating on tongue and in other areas of mouth (thrush), bad breath, nasal itching, congestion and drip, recurrent sore throats, recurrent episodes of cough or bronchitis, recurrent infections or fluid in the ears, itchiness, burning or tears in eyes, and difficulty with hearing.

Genitourinary Symptoms
Frequent episodes of bladder infection, urinary urgency and frequency, burning on urination, frequent episodes of vaginitis, vaginal discharge or itching.
i think you would have to take the ACV for more than a day or so to truly experience die off though HTH
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
Blood sugar will you explain how you use the boric acid??/ please
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
The cream I got from Australia has boric acid in it!

It is the only cream on the planet I have tried so far, (and I have treid everything....) that got rid of the rash.....
Margot 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blood Sugar 101
Stats: 1998-2009 170/142/145---2010 138/142/138
WOE: 80-100g per day. Metformin (no more prandin!)
Start Date: First LC diet 1998, goal 2003, continual vigilance
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Thanks for posting this. Are you saying, with my higher than normal BG levels, and my history of steroids I can't get the benefits of ACV and CO? SO being prediabetic or possibly type II diabetic (I go to the Dr this week) will keep the yeast alive and living because I can't get the BG levels lower, but if I am started on meds and it lowers my BG levels, then I might have a fighting chance to rid myself of the yeast? I thought ACV helped in lowering BG levels in people that are not low on insulin levels but insulin resistant.
I am just getting confused with all of the information out there on home remedies.
Where do I go from here?
Kristin,

If your blood sugars are high and you are taking steriods, it is very unlikely that ACV will do anything. The blood sugar lowering effect it has been reported to have is very mild, while steroids can raise blood sugars dramatically.

Steroid related high blood sugars are not caused by insulin resistance. They are caused by the so-called counterregulatory hormones whose purpose, in a well-regulated body, is to give you the energy you need to deal with an immediate crisis--i.e. a charging tiger. When you take a steroid you are taking synthetic cortisol and your body goes into "Tiger coming" mode and raises the blood sugar so you can run away--until the cortisone is out of your system.

Steroids probably cause blood sugar to be raised by stimulating the secretion of glucagon (the anti-insulin hormone) from your pancreas's alpha-cells. They don't get much press but are just as important as beta cells. Glucagon's job is to raise blood sugar.

Beyond that, ACV is not a treatment that has earned any credibility within the online diabetes community where there are hundreds of people testing every supplement or food touted as helping with blood sugar. Owning and using a blood sugar meter makes supplement skeptics out of most of us, since so few of the supplements promoted as lowering blood sugar have any observable effect on any of us.

My impression is that ACV is mostly a diuretic and perhaps a mild appetite suppressant--mostly because it annoys the stomach.

Fad food cures work really well for any condition that can be cured with a placebo, and that turns out to be a lot of conditions. Unfortunately, high blood sugar is one condition that does not respond significantly to placebos.
Blood Sugar 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gina1
Stats: 193/current 180/goal weight 140
Start Date: starting right now
i was in trader joes last night and saw unfiltered acv. i don't see a mother in it its very foggy and it has to be shaken before using. is this the right kind. should i see the mother in the bottle? it smells just like white vinegar.
gina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #278

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina1 View Post
i was in trader joes last night and saw unfiltered acv. i don't see a mother in it its very foggy and it has to be shaken before using. is this the right kind. should i see the mother in the bottle? it smells just like white vinegar.
The foggy stuff would be the mother. But the problem is that the TJ's is pastuerized I believe and some say this destroys the mother.

Last edited by lisabinil; 09-17-2008 at 11:42 AM..
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BTW a small bowl of ACV on the counter supposedly keeps the fruit flies away....

Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gina1
Stats: 193/current 180/goal weight 140
Start Date: starting right now
i wasn't sure if there would be a piece of apple or something! hahaha i was shaking the bottle waiting for something to hit the sides. hahaha i can't drink it i, just can't get it down, even in water maybe i'll try it on my salad
gina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #281
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: losin4good1980
Thanks for that info, debkeversole!

I think I'm going to persuade DH to start drinking the ACV too - he has alot of those symptoms and the extra yeast could very well be it!!! WOW! Who knew?!
losin4good1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCfan03
WOE: Atkins or just low carb in general
Start Date: June 2003
One idea for those who have trouble drinking it......I had trouble too because it really burned the back of my throat even when I diluted it a LOT. I found it made me really hoarse even!

Well, I finally started adding it to this drink called "Minute Maid Light Cherry Limeade" and it finally seemed to go down without burning. I also found that that it helps to add ice cubes. So, the colder the drink, the less the burning although others may have figured that out already.

Actually, I like to put a TB of ACV with a can of MM and some cubes in the Magic Bullet blender and make like a smoothie. You can't taste the ACV at all! Really good!!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #283

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
BTW a small bowl of ACV on the counter supposedly keeps the fruit flies away....

Are you serious? I just got those things in my house!!! Now I have to share my ACV with them?
Tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, it does work!! but I forgot th emost imprtant part LOL

you need to put it in a tallish glass/jar and either put a funnel in it (do not let the funnel touch the vinegar) or put some saran wrap on the glass and poke holes in it.

Whichever method you choose, the flies go into the funnel or holes in the plastic and cannot find their way back out. They LOVE ACV
Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #285

Quote:

you need to put it in a tallish glass/jar and either put a funnel in it (do not let the funnel touch the vinegar) or put some saran wrap on the glass and poke holes in it.

Whichever method you choose, the flies go into the funnel or holes in the plastic and cannot find their way back out. They LOVE ACV
LOL I just did a search and found that out. Also, add a few drops of dish soap to it.

Here it is:

Get Rid of Fruit Flies - Fruit Fly Trap

Dang girl, I sure do learn a lot from you.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #286

Ok, the container with ACV/Dish soap and wrapped in plastic wrap (with holes poked in it) is on my kitchen Island counter. I'll let you know the results.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #287

It works! They crawl in through the holes in the plastic wrap and then can't get out. Then they fall into the ACV/dish soap mixture and sink.

I have about 7 of them in there now.

Thanks for the tip, Prozak!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL pickled fruit flies!

Now go make sure you have no dead leaves lying around the top of the soil on your plants.. they love to live in rotting vegetation.

If you have a potato, cut it in half and place it cut side down in a plant you might suspect has the flies... after a week throw it out.

I am full of trivia LOL
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angelhaley
Stats: 205/180/150
WOE: Atkins
After following this thread for several days I finally went out and bought Spectrums Organic Unpasteurized ACV. (also unfiltered) The mother reads on the back label. I hope I got the right one. I mixed a tablespoon with a bottle of water while cooking dinner. I hope I don't stay up too late. I actually do feel a little more energized. I even mixed another tablespoon in my sauce for ribs.
angelhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skeeweeaka
Stats: 235/215/135
WOE: Low Carb! Alternate Day!
Start Date: March 2008! January '09 Restart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
LOL I just did a search and found that out. Also, add a few drops of dish soap to it.

Here it is:

Get Rid of Fruit Flies - Fruit Fly Trap

Dang girl, I sure do learn a lot from you.
Wow, I have to try this the next time I get fruit flies...they usually like my bananas....

TJ
skeeweeaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Hey y'all,

I've been adding my Bragg's Organic ACV to my daily egg creams made with almond milk. As a diabetic I feel it is beneficial to me.

I like what BloodSugar said that it acts as an appetite suppressant because it "annoys" the stomach! LOLOL!

Hey, just so y'all know, ACV helps CURE nausea and vomiting. My husband uses it when he gets migraines with vomiting. Nothing helps him except ACV in a little water. Believe me, it works. So, I wouldn't say ACV annoys the tummy, but rather balances it. The result is some appetite suppression, anti-nausea and anti-emetic.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:28 AM   #292

update on the fruit flies. I can't seem to see or find any of them flying around. They seem to all be in that container with the ACV solution. I'm going to leave it out for a few more days just to be "sure".

This works faster then any other thing I have ever tried.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:40 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenni
Start Date: Restart May 2008
It is so funny that you mention fruit flies. I am keeping my ACV on the spinner next to my stove--so out in the open. Every time i pick it up, 3 or 4 fruit flies are swarming me. I knew it started since i put the bottle on there, but i didnt think to take it further and use it as a trap. Clever girls...
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #294
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Quote:

I just did this on my desk at work. There are flying around, driving me NUTS! Hope it works!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #295
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Question...can you have too much ACV?
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:39 AM   #296
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: losin4good1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livywilltim-mom View Post
I was wondering the same thing - I'm looking forward to seeing the response from this!
losin4good1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:39 AM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livywilltim-mom View Post
Do you need a 12 step program? *ducking*

I don't know. It's a good question.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenni
Start Date: Restart May 2008
I am not sure i could do enough vinegar shots that it could be bad for me. Two or three per day is nasty enough. I cant imagine chugging enough of the stuff to have detrimental effects...geee-ross!
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:18 AM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
I am not sure i could do enough vinegar shots that it could be bad for me. Two or three per day is nasty enough. I cant imagine chugging enough of the stuff to have detrimental effects...geee-ross!
Yeah, from what I am reading there really isn't much on it. IT's more of an individual thing, on how much and how often.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Do you need a 12 step program? *ducking*

How'd you know??

No, honestly, I LIKE to take it straight from the spoon...so I was wondering if anyone knows of a maximum amount at which it may be detrimental??
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote