Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   Cheri and AllieCat, I just started Biotin. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/503041-cheri-alliecat-i-just-started-biotin.html)

Tooter 07-05-2007 05:35 AM

Cheri and AllieCat, I just started Biotin.
 
I had read some of the threads that you ladies had posted in about it.

My hair has really thinned. After much reading, it makes perfect sense that I would need biotin.

As a Teen I was anorexic and Bulimic and In my 20's I had 4 sons in 6 years. That's alot of stress and alot of Malnutrition.

I just started the 5000 mcg's a few days ago. I'll let you know in a few months how it's going. I'm very hopeful and thank you both for the information you both have shared.

dae_tona 07-05-2007 05:45 AM

Speaking of biotin, have you tried Jason's Shampoo with Biotin in it?

I started using that & my hair got ridiculously long in a very short amount of time. But I wanted my hair long so it was a good thing.

Might check it out!

Dyan

Tooter 07-05-2007 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dae_tona (Post 8865999)
Speaking of biotin, have you tried Jason's Shampoo with Biotin in it?

I started using that & my hair got ridiculously long in a very short amount of time. But I wanted my hair long so it was a good thing.

Might check it out!

Dyan

No, I have never heard of it. Where would I look (which store) to find it?

Thank you, Dyan.

Rachelocity 07-05-2007 06:02 AM

I started biotin a couple of weeks ago - are we biotwins, Tooter???? :rofl: I have noticed that my nails are much stronger and grow quicker than normal. So by that indication, my hair should be also growing in rapidly. How long did it take for everyone to see a substantive difference in their hair?

I'll be checking for that shampoo, Dyan. Did you get it in a store like Wal-Mart, a beauty supply shop or a salon?

Tooter 07-05-2007 06:08 AM

Biotwins!!!!:laugh::rofl:

dae_tona 07-05-2007 06:13 AM

I bought mine at a store called Fred Meyer but you can also buy this at natural/health food stores.

Mine is called Jason Biotin Shampoo & it's pure, natural & organic. I can't remmeber the cost, though. But it might be a little more expensive than other shampoos since it's natural. But I LOVE it!

Oh yeah. I took Biotin capsulss before but didn't see that many results.

I started using Jason shampoo & the results came in about 2 weeks.

Dyan

Tooter 07-05-2007 06:17 AM

Thanks, Dyan. I have a Natural health food store that I go to once a month (It's outside of my small hick town). I'm sure they would have it there. I'll pick it up my next stop there.

AllieCat0817 07-05-2007 06:21 AM

Whole Foods carries the Jason Biotin shampoo/conditioner - they should.

I still pop my 5000mcg every night before bed!

I do keep my afro hair VERY short and pretty much shaved down close to my head, but I still want it thick.

Diana 07-05-2007 06:30 AM

I love Biotin!! My nails and hair grow like weeds... so do my leg hairs! LOL

Tooter 07-05-2007 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana (Post 8866220)
I love Biotin!! My nails and hair grow like weeds... so do my leg hairs! LOL

:annoyed: You just had to burst my bubble. Maybe I should search out the Magic Powder threads now!:rofl:

xfatchik 07-05-2007 09:41 AM

I've been taking biotin also. I've noticed my hair has been growing alot quicker but so have my nails. I spend lots of money getting my nails done and now I have to visit more often than before. :laugh:

afuentes 07-05-2007 09:50 AM

I take a Hair, Skin, Nails Multi Vitamin(by FutureBiotics) that has Biotin in it and I see a difference.

janamonkey 07-05-2007 09:51 AM

I started using Biotin a month ago and am SOO happy with the results! My hair and nails are growing so fast and I LOVE it. Also, my hair is shiny and thick. THANK YOU everyone for posting about it.

BeingHealthy 07-05-2007 11:34 AM

I also started taking Biotin a couple weeks ago cuz of the threads here. It seems like my nails are stronger but I think it is too soon to tell for sure. I'm actually hoping it will help my eyelashes. I've had a problem for a couple years. Patches came out and only grew back to 1/3 of the length. I've asked several doctors but none seem to care and just tell me to ask another type of doctor (dermatologist, eye doctor, gen practitioner, etc.) If I see any difference I will def post.

Sharon 07-06-2007 04:23 AM

I use Biotin for nails which are all strong now but the gal who cuts my hair is always making a comment on how fast my hair grows now.

Rose1271 07-06-2007 06:16 AM

I started taking it about a month ago and noticed that my hair is getting thicker. Feels thicker anyway.

As for my nails. I don't know yet. I had acrylics and took those off so I've been waiting for my damaged nail to fully grow out. I've been keeping them short because of the damage the acrylic caused and will have to wait until they're not weak anymore.

Tooter 07-06-2007 06:38 AM

Thank you, all, for your responces. It's so encouraging to hear about your results.

rationalbalance 07-06-2007 06:46 AM

I checked out Biotin in Dr. Weil's website and according to him it ROCKS.... skin, hair and nails PLUS the metabolism of carbs and fat... he reccomends taking it in a B complex formula with the other B vitamins.... I need something for the soft nails...

Carleigh 07-06-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tooter (Post 8865963)
I'll let you know in a few months how it's going.

I doubt it'll even take you that long to report back!!

I have some thyroid issues so it took longer for me to notice changes in my hair, but whoa buddy...my previously paper thin nails grow stronger and longer in no time.

cheri 07-08-2007 03:18 AM

Keep me posted on how the biotin is working out for you okay? I am sure you will notice a big difference if you use it religiously. I wish you the best of luck!

cheri :)

Hot Tamale 07-08-2007 08:21 AM

Funny - I just bought a bottle of Biotin yesterday. I've started to see a lot more hair in the drain and thought I'd give it a try.

Tooter 07-08-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheri (Post 8879356)
Keep me posted on how the biotin is working out for you okay? I am sure you will notice a big difference if you use it religiously. I wish you the best of luck!

cheri :)

Well, Diana is right...The hair on my legs is growing faster (So are my eyebrows) lol

I think it is starting to work. Let's just hope it's doing the same on my head. I don't want to be a 45 year old woman with a Beard and ape legs!:rofl::rofl:

I'll keep ya posted. Thanks, Cheri.

clyde 07-08-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tooter (Post 8865963)
I had read some of the threads that you ladies had posted in about it.

My hair has really thinned. After much reading, it makes perfect sense that I would need biotin.

As a Teen I was anorexic and Bulimic and In my 20's I had 4 sons in 6 years. That's alot of stress and alot of Malnutrition.

I just started the 5000 mcg's a few days ago. I'll let you know in a few months how it's going. I'm very hopeful and thank you both for the information you both have shared.

Hey Tooter:

Just wanted to add - I've been taking a hair supplement with Biotin for about 2 years - it's called ShinMin and since I started taking it - I don't have hair loss problems - and I'm 52. It has a whole bunch of other stuff but the amount of Biotin in it is 1400 mcg's.

After reading how much everyone else is taking - if it stops working for me I'll know I can safely up the Biotin.

Good luck with the stuff - it really worked for me!:up:

Tooter 07-08-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 8882716)
Hey Tooter:

Just wanted to add - I've been taking a hair supplement with Biotin for about 2 years - it's called ShinMin and since I started taking it - I don't have hair loss problems - and I'm 52. It has a whole bunch of other stuff but the amount of Biotin in it is 1400 mcg's.

After reading how much everyone else is taking - if it stops working for me I'll know I can safely up the Biotin.

Good luck with the stuff - it really worked for me!:up:

Thank you!:D

Piekinns 07-08-2007 08:57 PM

It worked great for me too. I started taking biotin about 6 months ago because my hair had become so thin and dull. The new growth is much thicker and healthy. I did not had to shave my legs for 3-4 years but now I have to shave them again.:annoyed:

Violet_Dream 07-10-2007 07:48 AM

I went out last night and bought some Jason Biotin Shampoo, a whopping $8.29 at my local Fred Meyer. :eek:

If it works, I found it much cheaper on the net. I have been taking 5000 mcg of biotin for over a year and haven't seen much of an improvement in my hair/nails. I bought a lot of it, which is why I've been taking it so long. How long do all of you take and how much do you take?

Do any of you use Knox Gelatin? I found Knox Gelatin for Nails that comes in packets.

Diana 07-10-2007 09:18 AM

Yeah, Small prise to pay (Hairy legs, eyebrows) but the nails are so thick and my hair needs cut again!

faithgirl 07-10-2007 11:58 AM

I started taking 5000 mcg on Memorial day-haven't missed a day. At the time my nails would break/tear the minute i lightly hit them on something. I was going to say it wasn't working for me, but i suddenly realized this hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks, so maybe it is working. I really can't tell anything with my hair though. Do you think it's okay if I double my dose?

Sandra Barnet 07-10-2007 05:50 PM

I have been taking the 5000 for about a month and its making my hair greasy and the texture feels different too!

Violet_Dream 07-11-2007 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithgirl (Post 8891968)
I started taking 5000 mcg on Memorial day-haven't missed a day. At the time my nails would break/tear the minute i lightly hit them on something. I was going to say it wasn't working for me, but i suddenly realized this hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks, so maybe it is working. I really can't tell anything with my hair though. Do you think it's okay if I double my dose?

I don't know, but I don't see why not. I was wondering if I was taking too much and that's why it wasn't working.

I ordered off a vitamin web site when they had buy one, get three free - so needless to say - our pantry is stocked with super biotin.:laugh:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 PM.