Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: AllieCat0817
Stats: 213.5/142/137
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: 5/23/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva2themax View Post
For the ladies that watned more lash growth. I swear by Mavala Double Lash from whatshebuys.com. I use it on my brows as well for several years now. I always get compliments on my lashes esp. they've gotten longer & thicker. I use it every single night. You can use it during the day as well.
You are BEAUTIFULLLLL!!!!
AllieCat0817 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ptcenter
Stats: Trying to get back 138!!
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: As a lifetime WOE 10/2002
I'm pumped........... bought some of the shampoo at Wal-Mart yesterday. I was going to buy capsules, too, but they didn't have them. I'll have to make a run to the HFS for those. I can't wait to see if it works.
ptcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #93
KOO

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
My hair is thicker and I can see alot of new growth. I no longer see hair in the sink and drain, nor does my hair shed in the brush (That alone is huge). My nails are amazing!! I have long/strong nails now that I take the time to take care of (paint, file etc..) My skin looks great, but I also use Virgin Coconut oil too.

I'm loving the bitotin
Are you still using the shampoo? I looked at my SuperWalmart today and they didn't carry it so I picked up some Horse Mane and Tail shampoo to use until I can locate Jasons. I had my roots touched up today and my hairdresser asked me how long my hair has been falling out as she showed me an awfully big clump of hair that fell out while she brushed. I can not swallow pills so in the process of finding the powdered biotin someone mentioned either here or on another thread. I want to add this is the second round of hairloss for me, went through it once about a year ago which would have corresponded with 3 months after getting back on Atkins. It let up and now here I am again going through the same thing. It is a bummer!

HCGR1...154/154/136(70 day round) P3.. 142
HCGR2...142/145/135(28 day round) P3...139
HCGR3...139/146/138(28 day round) P3...139
HCGR4.142.5/144/134(37 day round)P3...134
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: freyamoon
WOE: VERY low carb(added fiber)good fats only!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
My hair is thicker and I can see alot of new growth. I no longer see hair in the sink and drain, nor does my hair shed in the brush (That alone is huge). My nails are amazing!! I have long/strong nails now that I take the time to take care of (paint, file etc..) My skin looks great, but I also use Virgin Coconut oil too.

I'm loving the bitotin
I started using coconut oil on my skin a few days ago.. after I read a thread about it here. Already the dryness in my face is a lot less! I am also consuming it more.

I can hardly wait for my biotin to get here! My nails are so thin and brittle. They split so easy it is frustrating. And I don;t like the current texture of my hair. I want it soft and thick again.
freyamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:16 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BeingHealthy
Stats: Female 46, 5'3"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHealthy View Post
Just wanted to report that I have seen a great improvement with my eyelashes! I am soooo happy. I've had this problem for a couple years, I wish I had known the solution was so simple. Haven't really seen the improvement on my nails like I thought I was seeing. Eyebrows, legs, and pits seem to grow quicker but those always seem to grow too fast - ha ha - hate plucking and shaving.

I don't really have any concerns for my hair so that is not an issue. My main concern (eyelashes) has been improved so I'm so very thankful for the posts about Biotin. I'm going to continue taking it and I hope my nails will get stronger.
Okay, now I'm not sure if the Biotin had helped or not...I've had the eyelash problem for about 4 years and I've used a lash curler for 30 years and never thought that could be a problem. When I started using the Biotin in May, I decided to stop using the curler so it wouldn't interfere with any new growth. The other day, I went to use it and a bunch of lashes 'chopped' off. It's not as bad as in May but it looks similar to the patches that had stunted growth. So, I know the curler didn't cause the initial patch loss, but maybe it interefered with the regrowth? But, it doesn't explain why those lashes 'chopped' off. I figure the curler should have chopped them all off equally not just in those same sections. I'm thinking that maybe the regrowth may not have been strong enough yet to withstand the curler. I hope I'm explaning this well.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: afurrything
Stats: 240/177/135 5'3"
Start Date: October 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary meyer View Post
i took the shampoo back ,it does not lather up without using a lot .i might just take the pills . gary
I wonder if you got a bad bottle or something? I just got some this weekend, at WM, and mine is super sudsy. I hardly needed to use any to get a good lather.
afurrything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BeingHealthy
Stats: Female 46, 5'3"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHealthy View Post
Okay, now I'm not sure if the Biotin had helped or not...I've had the eyelash problem for about 4 years and I've used a lash curler for 30 years and never thought that could be a problem. When I started using the Biotin in May, I decided to stop using the curler so it wouldn't interfere with any new growth. The other day, I went to use it and a bunch of lashes 'chopped' off. It's not as bad as in May but it looks similar to the patches that had stunted growth. So, I know the curler didn't cause the initial patch loss, but maybe it interefered with the regrowth? But, it doesn't explain why those lashes 'chopped' off. I figure the curler should have chopped them all off equally not just in those same sections. I'm thinking that maybe the regrowth may not have been strong enough yet to withstand the curler. I hope I'm explaning this well.

As I was putting on my mascara I realized that I had this issue with my bottom lashes too, so it is NOT the curler. I guess the lashes were just weak. Regardless, I threw away the curler and am continuing with the Biotin.
BeingHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I wonder if you got a bad bottle or something? I just got some this weekend, at WM, and mine is super sudsy. I hardly needed to use any to get a good lather.
The sudsiness of a soap or shampoo is often a factor of whether your water is hard or soft. The softer the water, the more suds you get.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandra Barnet
Stats: 170/130/130
WOE: Low carb. No grains.
Start Date: 2-15-07
My jasons says it does not lather as much on the bottle because of the natural ingredients.

I found pantene restoratives shampoo and conditioner work good for this. The bottle says 90% less hair loss in a month. It says due to breakage but I dont have breakage and its working really amazing in just a week. My problem is if I run my hand through my hair I would come away with 3-5 hairs everytime and this has slowed way down with this new shampoo.
Sandra Barnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy0821
Stats: 296/270/? 150 maybe less?
WOE: Low Carb
What about facial hair LOLOLOL> I thought of taking this but I dont want to grow a stash
Tracy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #101
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
LOL Tracy! No... it doesnt give you facial hair... if it did I would of stopped it a long LONG time ago! For some reason the biotin knows its for hair and nails but leaves the body hair alone. At least I have never heard of anyone that had more growth on their face or legs. I have very very sparce hair on my legs with a lot of bald patches.. if it wasnt' for a hair here and there I wouldn't have to shave at all. Biotin has not increased the hair on my legs so I doubt it would put hair anywhere but your head. I hope that helps?

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy0821
Stats: 296/270/? 150 maybe less?
I hope its true. I had purchased some and then thought of the facial hair and decided against it. I could always try it and if I dont like it then stop. thanks for input
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
LOL Tracy! No... it doesnt give you facial hair... if it did I would of stopped it a long LONG time ago! For some reason the biotin knows its for hair and nails but leaves the body hair alone. At least I have never heard of anyone that had more growth on their face or legs. I have very very sparce hair on my legs with a lot of bald patches.. if it wasnt' for a hair here and there I wouldn't have to shave at all. Biotin has not increased the hair on my legs so I doubt it would put hair anywhere but your head. I hope that helps?

cheri
Tracy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
I the Biotin(5000mcg) too! I read about it on a thread back in the spring and I am very happy with the results. I was developing a receding hairline and when i pull my hair back now, you can see little baby fine 1-2 inch hairs growing where I had lost hair. Also my nails were always breaking and splitting and i could never get them all to a decent length to get a french manicure-now i can! Thanks to the ladies who posted about this and helping so many
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:04 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

I just received my Biotin 5,000mcg in the mail and I am very excited about using it! This has been a very informative thread.

How long did it take for some of you to see a difference in nail growth and health? My nails are very thin and split all the time.

Also how long did it take for you to see a noticeable difference in hair texture and thickness?
Old 09-22-2007, 05:51 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Toey2
Stats: I'm on a scale strike.
WOE: With a really big fork
Start Date: Every day is a new dawning...
I am so going to get some of the pills and shamp/cond today after reading all the success.

This last year of stress has left my hair and nails a total disaster...i just cut a BUNCH of my hair off cause it was so damanged from lack of nutrients.

I'm so excited.....
Toey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:18 AM   #106
Junior LCF Member

I started the both the shampoo and Biotin capsules, and am looking forward to a good response.

(Hummm........... dog sheds like crazy. Wonder what biotin would do for her?)
Old 09-22-2007, 10:03 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcenter View Post
I started the both the shampoo and Biotin capsules, and am looking forward to a good response.

(Hummm........... dog sheds like crazy. Wonder what biotin would do for her?)
I read some articles about giving Biotin to dogs and it improved coats and overall shedding. It also helped them with dry scaly skin. I also read where it was given to a horse with weak cracked hooves(same stuff as our nails) and the hoof grew back in wonderfully!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:07 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: mycattaz
Stats: 416////starting weight 267/todays 233 /goal 200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: September 5, 2013 Atkin's 72 Introduction
I have been using the Biotin for alittle while now... I see a different in texture really quick... I told a lady at my church about it... she said she seen a differents in a few days also...

also, I usually dye my hair about every 6 to 8 weeks normaly.... this time I had to dye it in 4 weeks...its is growing alot faster......
mycattaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycattaz View Post
also, I usually dye my hair about every 6 to 8 weeks normaly.... this time I had to dye it in 4 weeks...its is growing alot faster......

I can't wait for my hair to grow faster! I used to have hair to the middle of my back.. for some odd reason i cut it real short and have been trying to grow it back. I miss it

I hope my hair texture also gets better in a few days. I also started "oil pulling" this morning and that has also had some success with hair and skin fpr a lot of people.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #110
KOO

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycattaz View Post
I have been using the Biotin for alittle while now... I see a different in texture really quick... I told a lady at my church about it... she said she seen a differents in a few days also...

LOL! My hair generally needs to be dye every 3 weeks and I push it to four, I will die if it starts getting where I have to go every 3 weeks at $82. a pop. I am hoping it will make my hair thicker and the texture softer rather than stringy feeling not looking for quicker results. Are you using the pills or the shampoo?
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mintchocolate
Stats: 177/154.2/130
Start Date: August 2007
Anyone from Texas who is looking for Jason's Shampoo; I got it at HEB in the health food isle. I love the way it makes my hair feel. I am a person who spent her teenage years in the '70s Bone straight hair was the thing and a girl like me (curly, curly and curly hair) didn't have a chance. So my mother would use a hair straightner that had lye in it. Well to say the least my hair got thinner and thinner. And in 2002 I discovered that I had breast cancer. Thru meds and stress my hair got thinner. I started taking Hair, Skin and Nails trying to make my nails grow stronger. I thought that my hair was a lost cause. But it has gotten fuller, stronger, and grown about 4 inches in 3 months. I liked the results I ws getting made me greedy! So I started taking Biotin about 6 weeks ago and the results are nothing short of AMAZING!!!!!. Thanks to all that have posted on here with all the info we could possibaly need. You people are great, keep up the good work.
mintchocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: VGrace
Stats: 180/156.2/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 12/28/11
What a great thread! I have been taking Biotin for about 2 weeks now,I don't notice much but will continue taking them after seeing this thread. I am going to try the Jason's Shampoo too now!
VGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGrace View Post
What a great thread! I have been taking Biotin for about 2 weeks now,I don't notice much but will continue taking them after seeing this thread. I am going to try the Jason's Shampoo too now!
Just to be sure. Is this the shampoo?

Last edited by freyamoon; 09-23-2007 at 11:38 PM..
Old 09-24-2007, 03:22 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: froleena
Stats: 148/105
I wanted to add my 2 cents on Biotin. I had two nails that had significant ridges which cause the nails to tear easily. My thumb nail was actually split vertically because of the deep ridge running down the middle. I tried 3,000 mcg of Biotin last year. It did nothing so I stopped...then I saw this thread and tried the 5,000 mcg. Immediately the thumb nail fused back together and the other one is long and the ridges on that nail have almost disappeared. I showed the dermatologist and he wasn't totally convinced that it was the Biotin. He told me to stop taking it and see if there was a difference but why would I risk my nail (especially the thumb nail) splitting again? I have to get my hair cut every 3 weeks too, used to be able to do it every 4. The hair on my legs grows faster but who cares-I shave em every day anyway. It's great...thanks for the tip!
froleena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: mycattaz
Stats: 416////starting weight 267/todays 233 /goal 200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: September 5, 2013 Atkin's 72 Introduction
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOO View Post
LOL! My hair generally needs to be dye every 3 weeks and I push it to four, I will die if it starts getting where I have to go every 3 weeks at $82. a pop. I am hoping it will make my hair thicker and the texture softer rather than stringy feeling not looking for quicker results. Are you using the pills or the shampoo?
I am using the pills.... wow your hair grows fast..... I wish mine would grow alot faster.... but a inch in 4 weeks is good for me...lol
mycattaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: VGrace
Stats: 180/156.2/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 12/28/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by freyamoon View Post
Just to be sure. Is this the shampoo?
Not to sure,I just heard about the Shampoo too. It seems like it though!
VGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: ScarletBlonde
Stats: 171.4/135/137
WOE: WW/SB
This is what I bought at GNC. Sorry so big.

ScarletBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary meyer View Post
i took the shampoo back ,it does not lather up without using a lot .i might just take the pills . gary
Gary-- the bottle says to lather twice... the first time cleanses it, the second one is the "super lather" and will lather MUCH much more. Not sure if anyone else responded to this already, sorry if it's a double!
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

I *think* my skin is softer and my hair definitely is, but I can't be sure it is from just from the biotin 5,000mcg because I started oil pulling and dosing with coconut oil around the same time.

But so far, I am happy I have bookmarked for the shampoo, but not bought it yet. My funds are low from buying the Carlson's fish oil and some other supplements. I can order the shampoo on the 8th.. Glad some of you already got it from there let us know when it comes and how it makes your hair feel. For now I can live it vicariously through you~_*
Old 09-25-2007, 03:27 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gary meyer
shampoo

thanks ,my hair is to thin to lather twice,i would have no body at all. gary
gary meyer is offline   Reply With Quote