Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   ALL those that take the CLA/GLA combo..Q&A here, please (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/401578-all-those-take-cla-gla-combo-q-here-please.html)

Shae 01-17-2006 12:45 PM

ALL those that take the CLA/GLA combo..Q&A here, please

Could you please tell me *exactly* how long it was before you saw a *noticable* difference in your body (however small the difference was)?

TIA! :cool:

Caly1 01-17-2006 12:57 PM

i saw a difference in my *pooch* after one week. I take measurements every thursday.

Shae 01-17-2006 01:05 PM

Hey girl!

:notwrthy: YOU ARE THE REASON I went to Wal-Mart last night and bought the CLA/GLA! I just started today and if I see results even **half** as good as yours I'll be thrilled!

Caly1 01-17-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shae
Hey girl!

:notwrthy: YOU ARE THE REASON I went to Wal-Mart last night and bought the CLA/GLA! I just started today and if I see results even **half** as good as yours I'll be thrilled!

hehe :blush: . I hope it works for you too....

come check us out on the cla/gla thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...10#post6391310

Shae 01-17-2006 02:21 PM

I have a feeling it's gonna work! Call me Ms.Optimistic! :up:

How about the rest of you----when did you start to see a real difference?

TIA!

Amy Lynn 01-17-2006 03:36 PM

I too, saw a difference right away in the first week, like Caly! Good stuff :)

got2luv 01-17-2006 03:36 PM

I started losing inches the first week. The studies say that it takes 12 weeks, but most of us have seen the measuring tape move within the first two weeks. HTH

BeachTeach 01-17-2006 04:44 PM

I've been on the combo about a week--messed up dosages too, think I've got it right now--and the jeans I just bought last week are already looser. I didn't dump any weight, so it's gotta be the combo.

Amy Lynn 01-17-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachTeach
I've been on the combo about a week--messed up dosages too, think I've got it right now--and the jeans I just bought last week are already looser. I didn't dump any weight, so it's gotta be the combo.

congrats!!

that's exactly how it was for me too...i dropped one pants size every two weeks....3 sizes in 6 weeks :up:

but then the holidays and my birthday hit along with some personal strife...and well, let's just say I'm just now getting myself back in gear.

but despite some scale weight gain, I've maintained my inches lost and am still wearing the lowest size jeans I got down to in the first six weeks...so the combo is powerful stuff for me! :love:

tom_912 01-17-2006 04:52 PM

I've been maintaining my weight at 195 but I'm still losing inches ;)

dori30 01-17-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shae
Hey girl!

:notwrthy: YOU ARE THE REASON I went to Wal-Mart last night and bought the CLA/GLA!

What kind did you buy? What is the dosage and how long will the supply last? And, if you can stand one more question... how much did you spend?

TIA!
dori :confused:

got2luv 01-17-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dori30
What kind did you buy? What is the dosage and how long will the supply last? And, if you can stand one more question... how much did you spend?

TIA!
dori :confused:

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I will answer.

I started out buying the Tonalin 1000-CLA at Walmart (vitamin section under "T") They are 12.88 for 60 or 72 pills... you take 5 pills per day. The Borage oil is about $4.00 and lasts a whole month. so, you would spend about $30.00 for a month supply.

Now I buy mine from Netrition, $9.99 for 90 pills (CLA) Next time I'm ordering the liquid cla, it's about $23.00 for a whole month supply.

The CLA is suggested at 3400mg per day.... see chart below.

The Borage oil 500mg is 2 per day, but some of us have went up to 4 per day and got better results. When I tried that nothing changed so I went back to 2 per day.

Different CLA dosages
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...v/clachart.gif

Shae 01-18-2006 04:01 AM

Dori---what Got2luv said is true----that's the brand I got and how much I spent!

Well today makes day 2!

:)

abbynormal 01-18-2006 05:23 AM

I saw a difference in 1 week. I haven't had results as pronounced as some folks, but I've been very pleased with the difference. I have continued to have a steady pound loss since starting it as well (-5) and a lot of people report having a bit of a stall when they start taking it. YMMV.

I definitely think it helped me progess over the holidays!

emmajoan 01-18-2006 06:36 AM

well, I have more to lose than most people on this board and I've been taking the combo for about 3 weeks. The first 2 weeks I wasn't taking high enough dosages, but this past week I've bumped up the dosage to the recommended levels on this site. After the first 2 weeks, even at the lower dose, I noticed a difference in my waist- down a size in pants even though my weight didn't drop much at all.

sher795 01-18-2006 07:00 AM

Just received Netrition order of the Liquid CLA and Borage Oil capsules. This may be redundant, but should I just take the 1/2 TB of CLA and 2 capsules of the Borage or more of the recommended dosage of the CLA?

Thank you!

Sherry

mikejets 01-18-2006 07:10 AM

Ok I'm hooked

I'm going to Wal-Mart tonight to get CLA/GLA

Can you guys tell me exactly what to get?
And how much I should be taking per day, I want to start tom'w.

mesquite 01-18-2006 07:28 AM

Bumping for Mikejets
Sue

lowcarbgrl4life 01-18-2006 07:35 AM

I have been taking it for almost 2 weeks now and I can tell a diffrence already in my pants, they are much looser!! I haven't measured, so not sure yet how many inches I have lost!! But it really seems to be working for me!! :)

ddog27 01-18-2006 08:14 AM

I saw results after the first week of taking the combo. I keep losing inches every week! :up: :kicking:

rhbrand 01-18-2006 10:15 AM

So maybe I should give it a little longer?

Ive been on it for a couple weeks with no inches lost, but I've lost over 2lbs and I'm a very slow loser.

I'll give it the 12 weeks and see what it does for me then.

Amy Lynn 01-18-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2cute
congrats!!

that's exactly how it was for me too...i dropped one pants size every two weeks....3 sizes in 6 weeks :up:

but then the holidays and my birthday hit along with some personal strife...and well, let's just say I'm just now getting myself back in gear.

but despite some scale weight gain, I've maintained my inches lost and am still wearing the lowest size jeans I got down to in the first six weeks...so the combo is powerful stuff for me! :love:

to add to this...

For those who aren't seeing the results you want...please hang in there! :hugs:

And you might consider experimenting with upping your dosages...it's different for everyone. I saw a dramatic change for me when I doubled the recommended dosages. I take a TB of liquid CLA a day instead of 1/2 TB & 4 Borage Oil instead of 2 a day.

Play around it and see what seems to fit best for your body...for example, I tried taking higher dosages because I weigh so much more than some others taking this and have more to lose...I think my experimentation definitely paid off but I wouldn't have known how much more successful I could be with this if I hadn't tried some different things.

So...if you're content with where you are, that's fabulous! :high5:
But if you're not, consider trying something different to see if your body needs more of the supplements.

Just a thought...

Best wishes to all! :D

Chasintrail 01-18-2006 02:45 PM

Are you guys also taking any omega 3 supplements? I'd be worried about an imbalance of omega 6 vs omega 3 unless you eat a lot of fish.

got2luv 01-19-2006 06:35 AM

I'm not taking any supplements of Omega 3 right now, I was, but since I ran out I haven't noticed and difference, good or bad so I just didn't buy any more.

Mike - At Walmart you are looking for "Tonalin 1000-CLA" it is in the vitamin section under "T" and you need Borage oil for the GLA. Take 5 CLA and start with 2 Borage oil... some of us are taking 4 Borage oil. (500mg pills)

Amy Lynn 01-19-2006 02:30 PM

no omega 3 here either

Chasintrail 01-19-2006 06:08 PM

I picked up the CLA and the GLA and added a bottle of fish oil and started today. I figure the omega 3 can't hurt, and there's some pretty positive research for it helping with depressing/anxiety along with the balance issue. So... Crossing my fingers that they all work for me.

got2luv 01-19-2006 06:13 PM

I'm crossing my fingers with you!!!

Amy Lynn 01-19-2006 06:14 PM

::::crossed fingers:::::::

notfatforlong 01-20-2006 10:54 AM

[QUOTE

Mike - At Walmart you are looking for "Tonalin 1000-CLA" it is in the vitamin section under "T" and you need Borage oil for the GLA. Take 5 CLA and start with 2 Borage oil... some of us are taking 4 Borage oil. (500mg pills)[/QUOTE]

Do you take this all at once?? Or do you break it up during the day??
thanks in advance

iabowhunter 01-21-2006 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by got2luv
The Borage oil 500mg is 2 per day

Do you mean 2, 500mg pills a day or 2, 250mg pills a day? The Netrition web site says that they come in a 240mg softgel, and to take 1 softgel 1 to 2 times daily. Sorry to be a pest, I am really looking into this. Thank you for the lead on the cla liquid. I will be ordering some real soon. I might also go to Wal-mart and pick the cla/gla today, just to get started.

Do you mostly buy your Borage oil thru Netrition or do you pick it up at wal-mart? I saw that a months supply at Wal-Mart is $4.00 and 120 softgels at Netrition is $14.99 + shipping. Forgive me.....I'm cheap. :D

Thank you for any info.