Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
also, should I take all three at one time with food? Is it ok to take with my fish oils?

Last edited by girl81; 03-28-2008 at 01:35 AM..
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2008, 04:02 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Read the sticky it gives all this info there. Also check with doc before beginning any new supplements. The combo can cause a blood thinning effect on some folks and especially if you are on any other meds you should check with your doc.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:30 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
Read the sticky it gives all this info there. Also check with doc before beginning any new supplements. The combo can cause a blood thinning effect on some folks and especially if you are on any other meds you should check with your doc.
This is the only cla sticky I see in the vit forum
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:12 AM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
This is the only cla sticky I see in the vit forum
Opps sorry go to the first post in the monthly thread-Trisha has posted a lot of good info there-I thought it was here as well.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
girl81, please come join us on the cla/gla thread. Lots of people there to help you with any questions . We will be glad to have you join us there

click this link....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vi...l#post10111946
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terrioso
Hi everyone, has anyone noticed that certain brands work better than others? I originally bought both the CLA and GLA at Walmart and had very good results--about 5 inches lost in first 2wks or so. Then I bought both from Puritans Pride--had a really good sale--but even though I have been taking it religiously I dont see the same results. Or could it be that after time it kinda stops working? I think after I finish the PP bottles I will go to Walmart, even if more $$ the loss of fat is worth it.
terrioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimcox99
Stats: 5'4" 299/281.6/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 29, 2010
Question about the combo

I read somewhere on the site that you are supposed to take the combo with milk or dairy products for maxium absorption? Does anyone do this? Is it ok if you take it with food only and not dairy?
kimcox99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:48 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimcox99 View Post
I read somewhere on the site that you are supposed to take the combo with milk or dairy products for maxium absorption? Does anyone do this? Is it ok if you take it with food only and not dairy?
The purpose of taking it with milk is to prevent the queezy feeling some get when they first start taking it. You don't have to take it with dairy, and you can take it with meals . Its best not to take it on an empty stomach.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rekhab
Stats: 140
WOE: Atkin
Start Date: 10/19/2008
Need help

Hi Everyone....

After reading about CLA/GLA i looked for them at walmart. I was not able to find Tonalin CLA. I got the borage oil from them... I ran to Vitaminshoppe and got tonalin 1000 mg from them... I have been religiously taking them for more than a week now... about tonalin-4 and borage oil-4. I havnt seen any difference. Is it because there is a difference in brand. Can anyone suggest when i can get the one that really works... can anyone help me please...
rekhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi [COLOR=#22229c]rekhab[/COLOR],
It takes at least 3 weeks to start seeing results.(research says 3 months) Some lucky ones see it sooner. This combo is a "suppliment" to some kind of diet and exercise. The Tonalin is said to be the best kind. You will need 5 caps a day to make 3400mg. You can join us on the cla/gla thread and get more info there

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vi...rking-you.html
Old 10-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #191
Junior LCF Member

Hi KYcowgirl,

Thanks for your quick reply... I do watch what i eat and excercise atleast 4 to 5 days a week. Should i get Tonalin from Natrol.. Does that work better? or the I take 2 with my lunch and 2 with my dinner... is that the correct way to do it??

Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Your very welcome . I prefer the natrol 1200mg myself. Its best to split it up with meals, but I forget so I take it all at once with breakfast. Taking too many oils at once makes it hard for your body to digest (including fish and flax oils), so some will get wasted. great going with the diet and exercise . I wish I was so motivated .

Natrol CLA

I liked the liquid cla best but it tastes too bad since they changed the formula

Last edited by kycowgirl; 10-27-2008 at 12:39 PM..
Old 10-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #193
Junior LCF Member

CLA Plus with Clarinol - Is this the liquid CLA you mentioned... If it works better.. I would like to try it....

Thanks,
Rekha

Last edited by rekhab; 10-27-2008 at 12:55 PM..
Old 10-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes thats the one I used when I was doing this right with diet and exercise. I mixed it in my calorie countdown milk. I think it works much better than the caps. Just 1/2 TBSP is all you need for a days dose. It used to be kinda sweet but the new formula is oily tasting but it still has all the essential stuff in it. If you try it, make sure you shake it really well and make sure the lid is tight when you do :blush:. I stored it upside down so it mixed easier
Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much Trisha, im gonna give it a try... you have been such a great help. Thank you.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

You are very welcome , glad I could help. Please join us on the cla/gla thread and let me know how its working for you. mikki just hit her goal using this combo

Just click here...
Old 04-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #197
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lyn77
Stats: 147/138/127 5'10"
WOE: low carb w/ CLA
Start Date: 2-1-09
Hi, joined lcf today. I've only been lc'ing for 3 months. Lost 10 of the 15ish I wanted to in the first 8 weeks, now i'm STUCK, about 4 weeks now, and starting to get discuraged. I actually ate 3 potato chips today and feel horrible about it. My ketostixs always show pink (not purple) so I don't know why I'm not losing. I know I need to start excerising but I also bought some CLA. I only took it a few times because of the "fish burps", made me nausous. Not really sure what the combo you guys are talking about but will the streight CLA help me? I have 1000 mg tabs. If so how many a day/when. Can anyone shed some light?? thanks!!
lyn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Lyn, welcome to LCF . What we are talking about is the CLA with GLA (borage oil). The first post on the quarterly cla/gla thread explains the dosages and what they do. It is known to stall the scale weight for a bit while reducing inches, so keep that in mind. Anything else, just ask

You can read more about it here....

Last edited by kycowgirl; 04-30-2009 at 05:38 PM..
Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lyn77
Stats: 147/138/127 5'10"
WOE: low carb w/ CLA
Start Date: 2-1-09
Thanks a lot Trisha!
I couldn't convince any of my friends or family to LC with me so I'm glad I found LCF for some motivation. I checked out the link, I think I'll try using the CLA alone for a few weeks to see if it makes any difference.
The GNC place i bought the CLA from told me to take 2 pills, 3x a day. They say 1000mg each but the label on the back says 600 mg of CLA so I guess the other stuff is fillers or whatever. Is 3 weeks about What they say to see results?
Oh, and it does help the yucky feeling to take it with milk, but milk has carbs so I don't know...
Thanks again!
Any other advice from you or anyone would be greatly appreciated. I just need to get over this stall already!!
lyn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

The correct dose is 3400mg of cla so the guy at GNC was pretty accurate because of all the fillers. I used to add mine to carb countdown milk, then they changed the name to calorie countdown milk, now I cant find either so I just add it to 2% milk. That half a glass of milk isnt hurting me any. I like the liquid cla from netrition. I tried that and the capsules and I got way better results with the liquid. Its pretty nasty but the milk helps kill the oily taste. I take mine right before I go to bed so there is no burping issues. I'm glad you found this site too . There are some awesome people here to support you and help you with whatever you need. My hubby Tom is doing the LC with me and it does make it alot easier when someone is doing it with you. We can be your LC family . Come on over to the cla/gla thread and introduce yourself. Lots of friendly people there that would love to help you along also . Not everyone there is still doing the combo, but we became such good friends they still hang out there for the suppport
Old 05-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #201
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: greenejoy
Stats: 150
WOE: carb cycling
Start Date: Sept 08
Hi everyone. I am new here, my name is Jo. I started my diet back in September 08 (carb cycling), I lost 25 lbs by Christmas. I started a new job in February where I sit at a desk all day long vs. being on my feet all day long at my last job. I put on about 10 lbs while still doing my low carb cycling. I have the pooch back in my belly that was almost gone a few months ago. I started taking Ultra 90 (which is CLA and callogen) for the past 2 months. They claim that it takes 90 days to start working. I think in the past few weeks my pooch seems a little smaller, although I didn't measure so I am not sure. I just ordered a new bottle with the acai berry to go with it and then I found this site. So, I went and purchased the CLA and GLA from wal-mart and I plan to take one CLA with my Ultra90 and 2 Borage oil a day, oh and the Acai berry. I really hope to get rid of this pooch again. I also will continue my Low Carb cycling because I enjoy this way of eating. Sooooo, I will let you know if I see any results in a week, I do hope that boosting the CLA and introducing the Borage oil will be what I need to get back into losing again. Thank you for posting on this site it is so good to read about true results instead of fake testimonials... Wish me luck.

Jo
greenejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome to the site Jo Lotsa Luck
Old 05-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #203
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Becky Fort
WOE: protein Power
Just wondering if any of you are thyroid patients, and have you had any adverse reactions from the combo? If you're hypo, does it work for you?
Becky Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: greenejoy
Stats: 150
WOE: carb cycling
Start Date: Sept 08
finally

Well I think the extra boost in CLA (currently taking ultra 90 with CLA) and the GLA combo did the trick. 5 days into the combo I dropped 5 lbs. I noticed on day 3 and 4 I peed an awful lot. Now with the carb cycling you have 2 days of high carb and 5 days of low carb. Here I am on the weekend on my high carb day, was almost hesitant to eat carbs today because I am afraid to change anything from this weeks progress, I was in deep ketosis this morning. Well I ate low carb for most of the day and then indulged for dinner. Tomorrow will be another high carb day then back to low carb on Monday. I will weigh in again next Friday and let you know.
greenejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky, I don't have thyroid problems, so cant help you there.

greenejoy, now thats good results. Congrats !!!

I invite you both to come to the cla/gla thread and continue posting. There are some there with thyroid problems that can help you and would love to see your results too

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vi...l#post11949454
Old 07-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dixiegal
WOE: LC JUDDD 1919/384
Start Date: 7/7/14 JUDDD
My bottle says to take with meals, I'm guessing that means 3 x a day, but what of your eating 5 smaller meals a day should you take it 5 x a day? TIA
dixiegal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

from what I have read, you can take them all at once or split them up how you want to. I've been taking the liquid so its all at once before I go to bed
Old 07-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #208
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 180/160/170
WOE: None
Hello everyone,

I just joined this site, so I'm not familiar with anyone, but I did have a question about CLA/GLA combo. Well, first of all, I was a very chubby inactive kid, and didn't start running until I was 21. Now I run about 50 miles a week of sprinting and 20 milers. Anyway, my body weight has been stable at 150 pounds +- a few pounds of water weight for years, and I'm 5'11' tall, but I still have a flabby belly from before. So my question is, will CLA/GLA work for people with extra fat cells from being a fat kid or is it more for people gained weight as adults? Also, has anyone had any success with neck fat / fluid retention? In the morning, my neck looks lean, but as the day goes on it looks puffy. I currently eat a lot of carbs for running, so I didn't want to do a low carb diet.

Thanks for any feedback!
RunningShortsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dragonballz
Stats: 214/210/180-first goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/23/13
Hi all, i went out and bought the combo thursday and started taking them the same day. To my horror i woke up the next morning 3lbs heavier! Mind you i have been eating very clean, so i decided to continue the next day. Following morning, i was still stalled at the 3 lb gain. I decided to nix the combo the next day and wataya know 3 lbs gone in the morning! I love that this is working for everyone else but i guess it's not meant for me...bummer!
dragonballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aznbaybee4u
Stats: 128/124/110
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 11/7/06
I take GNC tonalin CLA but how many capsules or mgs am I supposed to take per day for the best effectiveness?
aznbaybee4u is offline   Reply With Quote