Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Ya know, a few months back, I bought Hoodia-chews, and a liquid from Affinity. And it sits in my pantry. The liquid (Lose and Snooze) is taken with 4oz of water (1/2 oz.) each night on an empty stomch...(3 hours after your last meal).

I was too afraid to take it, but if someone out there knows more about this stuff, then maybe. I am too afraid of the way I will feel, and if it's a suppresant, then will it make me feel jitterfy.
The advertisement on the net raido was quite saleable and said it was completely safe. But, sales pitches are good, and I hope I didn't fall for something...
I've since disccontinued, but have the product.

Gracie's Journal

Last edited by sazzie; 11-09-2006 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Edited to say that I believe CLA/GLA seems safer because it's natural but I'm open to opinions.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msmedic
hey! i'm new to this site. so let me get this right - you take tonalin 1000mg 5 of them a day and the borage oil 500mg 4 of them a day, correct.

i am in desperate need of some help with my weight and i hope this works
msmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
whatever brand you take, its 3400mg of cla and 500-1000 mg of Borage oil for the gla . You can learn more in the suppliment section under the cla monthly threads. Come join us and welcome to the site
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Caly1
Start Date: November 2005
I'm about to start the cla again...I'm excited to see my results.

PS...Hi Trish!
Caly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: patches
Hi everyone
Lataisha, thanks for the input. Out of curiosity I looked on the GNC website to look up the dex-L10 and the information given seems sound. Im happy that it has worked for you. How long have you been using this product? Does it make you feel hyper?

Should I take this in conjuction with the gla/cla combo?
patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Calyyyyyyyyyyyy , where have you been??? you look beautiful as ever . Glad your rejoining us. Join us on the monthly cla/gla threads too pleaseeeeeee (psssst...check your e-mail)

How did everyones Thanksgiving go?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi All,

We got back from vacation yesterday, and it's so good to be back home.

Was able to take my CLA faithfully, but I had to stop the GLA due to a chronic neurological condition I have. My daughter alerted me to an article she read, and I did some research on my own, and rather than risk anything, I stopped it.

I haven't spoken with my doctor about it yet, but intend to do so, but until then, I will err on the side of caution, and stay away from it until he gives me the yay or nay.

I'm hoping that by taking the CLA alone, that it will have some benefit; if not, then, I'll have to find another alternative.

Am able to continue my Omega-3s and lecithin, along with all my other supplements, just not the Borage Oil. Seems strange, doesn't it?

In the meantime, I'm alternating low-carb-higher-carb days, and eating very healthy.

Will start my Body Flex today, so with all things equal, maybe some of this body fat will melt away.

These two weeks on vacation found me 2.6 lbs. heavier, cause I pigged out, big time, every day!!! And, the holidays have just begun.....oh mercy!

I thought of waiting until after the Christmas holidays to buckle down, but why wait and have more weight to deal with, when I can start now, and at least have some control before it gets really out of hand. At least I know doing it this way, I will avoid any depression after the Holiday Season.

How are you all doing?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:12 AM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

welcome back sazzie . Glad you had a good time on vacation. Have any pics to share? whats body flex?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Trisha,

Unless you want photos of my hubby's 50th grade school reunion, I'd say I have no interesting pics to show.......LOL LOL

Body Flex is something I bought from HSN just before I left for vacation ....it was on sale for $8. and change with postage. It usually sells for $29.95 from the Body Flex website. HSN is liquidating them, so I took advantage of their offer. It got here the day before I left for vacation, and now the fun begins...will try it for the first time this afternoon......

Carolyn peeked my interest and so many have had a lot of luck with it.

There is a thread for Body Flex here on the Exercise thread, and rather than goof up the explanation, I'm posting the thread below. Let me know what you think, K?
Remember to read all the pages; I just c/pasted the last one.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...=451122&page=5
Old 11-28-2006, 08:30 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks sazzie, I'll check it out now
Old 12-07-2006, 07:54 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Krissyj
Stats: 150...need to lose these final 10
Start Date: Oct/2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
Thanks sazzie, I'll check it out now
I am wanting to know if anyone has tried that "Flush the Fat" pills. I am just feeling so bloated, I guess that is from the CLa/Gla, dont know, but really backed up, and ws wondering if maybe that system will help me. Thanks
Krissyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

I never heard of them
Old 12-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gpisabela
Stats: 238/194/normal
WOE: Atkins-like low carb
Start Date: March 2005
I faithfully took CLA/GLA for 6 weeks. I faithfully kept my carbs at 20/day. I gained 2 lb and 1 inch around the waist. Guess this doesn't work for me.
gpisabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Eireanne84
Stats: 145
WOE: South Beach, CLA/GLA
Start Date: jan 10 07
Should i start off with 5 of the CLA or work my way up? what about the GLA? I just got some today and some soooooooooooo eagar to see the results!
Eireanne84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

come join us on the monthly cla/gla threads. You can get all your questions answered there and we would love to have you join us

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=474062
Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meyers
Stats: 280/235/200
WOE: Atkins
Netrition seems to be out of the Liquid CLA. Has anyone ever tried the VPX Thinfat, 240cc. It looks like their recommeded 4 ml a day you get like 4400mg of cla. At 60 servings per bottle thats like 44cents per serving. Is this a good price? Has anyone tried that brand at all?
meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:21 AM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kategail
Stats: 148/137/120
WOE: healthy as possible
Start Date: February 2006
what is the best brand to purchase of the cla and gla. been going to gym and still scale won't budge. need something to help out
kategail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyers View Post
Netrition seems to be out of the Liquid CLA. Has anyone ever tried the VPX Thinfat, 240cc. It looks like their recommeded 4 ml a day you get like 4400mg of cla. At 60 servings per bottle thats like 44cents per serving. Is this a good price? Has anyone tried that brand at all?
sorry meyers, I didnt see this post. I dont know anything about this brand. Looks like a good deal if thats the actual cla content
Old 02-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategail View Post
what is the best brand to purchase of the cla and gla. been going to gym and still scale won't budge. need something to help out

Kate, this combo does cause a scale stall so I am not sure this is what you want to try if you want to see the numbers on the scale go down right away. But if your looking to melt a few inches than you should try it. Since your going to the gym, you ahould have great results. I get both of them at Netrition. I prefer the liquid cla since I dont like taking alot of pills. One bottle lasts a month and you just need 1/2 Tablespoon a day. I prefer the NOW Brand Borage Oil caps because they have the highest content of gla than most so thats less pills to pop also. Its keeps the cost down taking them this way too

Last edited by kycowgirl; 02-26-2007 at 07:51 AM..
Old 02-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kategail
Stats: 148/137/120
WOE: healthy as possible
Start Date: February 2006
thanks cowgirl, really get discouraged. i over eat on the weekend which ruins all my hard work at the gym during the week. i will be ordering from netrition but which brand of the cla, they have several to choose from. liquid is always out of stock
kategail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategail View Post
thanks cowgirl, really get discouraged. i over eat on the weekend which ruins all my hard work at the gym during the week. i will be ordering from netrition but which brand of the cla, they have several to choose from. liquid is always out of stock

The liquid is out of stock because it works lol. There is a link under it that they will e-mail you when its back in stock. Its usually only out for a couple days. but if you dont want to wait, I suggest "Tonalin" CLA for the caps. You would need 5 of them a day. From everything I have read, thats the best quality cla out there. You can check their website for lots of good info. Come join us on the monthly cla/gla thread. be glad to have you

Just click this link http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=474062 we post the new link for the next months thread on the last post of each month so you can follow along

Last edited by kycowgirl; 02-26-2007 at 08:30 AM..
Old 03-01-2007, 04:40 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: julielynn75
Stats: 198.2/147/135
WOE: atkins
Start Date: april2004/1-1-06/8-9-06sticking w/ it now!!
Does anyone know should you stop taking the combo after a certain amount of time of being on it and then restart it later? TIA
julielynn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielynn75 View Post
Does anyone know should you stop taking the combo after a certain amount of time of being on it and then restart it later? TIA

Julie, its all experimental, trial & error. Everyone tries it different ways. I wondered this myself after reading the description on the cla extreme about not having to cycle off like with regular cla. It did seem when I went off it for a week or so every 3 months it jump started it again
Old 03-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessieBear
Stats: (218) 192/150/150 5'6"
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: 12/28/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
cycle off like with regular cla.
I hadn't heard this?

Heading to google now...
JessieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielynn75 View Post

julielynn, I just got done doing a search of alot of health and muscle boards. They all say cla does not need to be cycled. constant use is ok as where thermogenics need to be cycled!

One guy did say when you reduce calories, then go on a cheat and then go back on plan, your metabolism revs up and you can lose several pounds. I did notice when I had a planned cheat when i was away from home, and took the carb blockers, I would lose a couple pounds the next day so there may be something to that
Old 04-10-2007, 03:56 AM   #116
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: losin4good1980
Quick question re: my CLA (Do you ever get sick of this? LOL) If I take 4 pills I wind up with 3120mg of CLA and if I take 5 pills I get 3900 - which is the best route do you think?

Thanks!
losin4good1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Its better to go a little over than under. . Netrition was out of the liquid cla for so long, we were forced to try the Thinfat which is 4.5 cla. I like Netritions better

Last edited by kycowgirl; 04-10-2007 at 06:32 AM..
Old 04-10-2007, 06:37 AM   #118
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: losin4good1980
Great! Thanks Trisha
losin4good1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

You're very welcome
Old 05-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 280/212.20/150, 5'7"
WOE: K/E w/ Green Tea Fasts; CLA/GLA Combo
Start Date: Restart 07/13/07
I'm now taking 5 caps of the Tonalin CLA (1000 mg) which provides 3.7 g of CLA; 2 Borage Oil caps (1000 mg) and 3 Evening Primrose Oil caps (1000 mg), which provides 6.7 g of GLA; 5 caps of Flax Seed Oil (1000 mg) for 2.5 g of Omega 3.

Taking these all separately in divided doses might be difficult to maintain, since I'm taking a multivitamin, a prescription med, and a couple of other supplements. But I'm going to give it my best shot! (I'm following the dosages recommended by this group and from an article on the CLA/GLA/Omega 3 stack in Muscle & Fitness magazine.)

I'm going to try this : 3 CLA w/ breakfast, 2 Borage Oil a couple of hours later, 3 EPO w/ lunch, 2 Flax Seed Oil in the afternoon, 2 CLA w/ dinner, then the remaining 3 Flax caps in the evening.

I'll definitely be posting my results. I've been taking CLA alone for a while now and have seen noticeable improvements in my natural waistline, but I still haven't seen much difference in those love handles and pooch! I want all this fat to vanish from my world!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

Shan
Going 4 a Miracle! is offline   Reply With Quote