Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
100% raw for the next 100 days!

I'm going to take the plunge and go all in! 100% raw for 100 days!

I will post daily my meals, updates, and whatever else is happening.

Decided to just go for it because yesterday I ate a lot of cooked food. Homemade veg soup, and roasted buffalo cauliflower and while it was delicious I felt terrible this morning. Stiff, achy, puffy, and woke up super hungry! I would blame the seasonings and the salt but this happened once before too. It was like a bit heavy weight in my stomach after eating cooked food and I felt awful the next day.

The food did not taste good enough to endure that so bye bye cooked....hello raw!

Wish me luck!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
I'm going to take the plunge and go all in! 100% raw for 100 days!

I will post daily my meals, updates, and whatever else is happening.

Decided to just go for it because yesterday I ate a lot of cooked food. Homemade veg soup, and roasted buffalo cauliflower and while it was delicious I felt terrible this morning. Stiff, achy, puffy, and woke up super hungry! I would blame the seasonings and the salt but this happened once before too. It was like a bit heavy weight in my stomach after eating cooked food and I felt awful the next day.

The food did not taste good enough to endure that so bye bye cooked....hello raw!

Wish me luck!
Good success to you, you can do it!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Todays eats
B-green juice
L-watermelon
D-huge salad
S-apple, orange

Start weight 220

The green juice is now being called the Game Changer Juice , its the first green juice I have made that not only could I choke down but actually thoroughly enjoyed!

3 handfulls baby kale
3 apples
3 carrots
juice of 1 lime
tsp potato starch

Old 09-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Magie!!! Where did you go?!?!? How are you?
Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Good for you.

Have you ever watched "Reboot with Joe"...he's the king of juicing. You can usually download the movie free if you do a search.

I am interested to read your daily menus and I hope eating raw makes you stop hurting.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

No I have not! I saw fat sick and nearly dead but not the reboot. Will have to check that out! He is the one to convince me to juice. Also a guy on youtube Clint Paddison.

So my carb counts will def be high with all the fruits but I am not too worried about it. I have no idea how many cals I am getting in. I am hoping for some loses but right now will be happy with feeling better!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
Magie!!! Where did you go?!?!? How are you?
Hey lady, went away for a year gainned, now back(you know the drill ) The past is the past working on getting the weight off and staying put. I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead about juicing it was pretty interesting, will you be juicing as well? I want to add juicing to my diet as well but I need to work it out somehow. I am thinking of just juicing maybe 1 meal a day, I shall see. I did watch a documentary on raw food and man oh man people were really getting healthy. I wish you the best, I shall be watching and supporting.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:14 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Hey lady, went away for a year gainned, now back(you know the drill ) The past is the past working on getting the weight off and staying put. I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead about juicing it was pretty interesting, will you be juicing as well? I want to add juicing to my diet as well but I need to work it out somehow. I am thinking of just juicing maybe 1 meal a day, I shall see. I did watch a documentary on raw food and man oh man people were really getting healthy. I wish you the best, I shall be watching and supporting.
Yup, I know the drill!

Yes I am juicing, started that about 3 weeks ago. My fave fave fave is pineapple, carrot, cherry extract But that greeny one the other day was pretty awesome too! I am trying to do that for breakfast during the week and then on the weekends.....we shall see. I tell ya, dropping coffee and doing a juice instead is giving me way more energy!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Last night was a little rough for some reason. Went to MIL and she had made homemade chicken noodle and homemade potato soup. Biscuits and jam, and cake. But I stuck to my guns and ate a huge salad knowing all that food would have made me feel yucky today! And today we are heading off to a renaissance festival so I don't want to be stiff and swollen, we will have to do a lot of walking! However it adds an interesting challenge today. I am going to doubt that there is anything I can eat there. Its all huge smoked turkey legs and massive amounts of meat everywhere. You can't bring food in....so I will let you know what happens! We will be there about 7 hrs so will surely be hungry at some point.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Farmer's market pull for this morning, trying to get all I can from there right now. It will be shutting down in a couple of weeks. Winter is coming.... (for all the GOT fans )

Oh and no I will not eat all that myself! It is on my stove so you can see the quantity!

IMAG1360.jpg
Old 09-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lotus, what kind of juice device do you use? I don't want to spend too much but I do want one that is not too loud or too pricey.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

I splurged and got one for about $300. Its an Omega masticating juicer. But it has a 15 year warrenty! I had a $100 Jack Lalanne one but it really didn't work well at all and you can't do greens in it. Do your research, I am sure you can find a decent one for cheaper than what I spent! There is a ton of youtube vids on juicers too!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

DAY 2

Weight 217

B-salad
L-peppers and carrots
D-green beans and rice

Well to keep me from eating at the ren fair I packed a huge bag of peppers and carrots which did the trick. We had a lovely day there and then on the way home had to stop for dinner. The ren fair was about 1:15 away. The whole fams wanted chinese buffet. I thought well thats fine, there is always a salad bar, I will be ok. Wrong! So while rice and the beans were not raw it was the best I could do. Oh well, moving on!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do you eat nuts? Just curious. Nuts are a great source of protein.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Yup, I do. On my salads I put nuts and sunflower seeds. I have raw almonds too.

Oh and while I did not care for those roasted chick peas just to eat I used them up on a salad and they were yummy like croutons! Have you ever made those?
Old 09-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

DAY 3

weight...? didn't weigh
B- half a cantaloupe, 1 apple, 1 banana
L-big salad with sunflower seeds
D- homemade hummus with salsa fresca and 2 peppers for dipping
S-pineapple,carrot, cherry juice

IMAG1365.jpg

Well today is a 99% raw day But man it was yummy!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Just made *brownies*

Raw Vegan Brownies
12 servings

1/2 c dried dates
1/2 c dried cherries
1/4 c cocoa powder
1 c walnuts
3 tbsp honey

Process all in food processor until ingredients are well mixed and chopped. Press into a small square baking pan and freeze for 1 hour. Slice brownies into 12 pieces. Store in fridge.

Nutritional information per serving - 119 calories, less than 1 g saturated fat, 2 grams of protein

They are in the freezer now, I tried some prior and they were yummy! Really hard on the food processor though. I did add some coconut oil to help it a bit. I read after on another site to let the dates soak a bit to soften and that helped.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The brownies sound interesting.

Nope, never made roasted chickpeas...still haven't learned to like them yet.

Your hummus and veggies looks good though.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've always been concerned about getting in enough protein, but after doing a lot of research, I find that perhaps the need for a certain amount of protein may be exaggerated.

I did a 4 day juice fast a long time ago...was going to try it for 10 days, but couldn't stand not eating. I was extremely tired and thought it was due to lack of enough protein, but maybe it was just my body detoxing.

And I should have added some type of nuts to my juice drinks.

You have inspired me to venture out and try other juice recipes. I don't want a lot of fruit, except for berries, so I'm off to search for more juice recipes.

Once I had a recipe for raw "fritos" which sounded delicious. I keep buying fresh ears of corn to try it and then ended up grilling the corn instead (my bad), but I'll look around and see if I can find it.

I like the idea of eating some raw foods...maybe I could get used to them that way.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

DAY 4

Weight= nope, not today

B-2 apples, 2 oranges
L- teriyaki~ish veg
D-same as yesterday
S-1 *brownie*
S- game changer juice
Old 09-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

So the brownies are more like a fudge, they are a bit chewy but surprisingly good. You should give them a whirl if you like sweets. I might add coconut next time. You can also sub raisin for the dried cherry, I used cherries for the inflammatory properties.

I am not a fan of store bought hummus. I don't add anything fancy to mine. Its literally chickpeas, olive oil, salt and pepper. I added a big glop of salsa and mixed it together. It makes like a creamy salsa when mixed. Its really good.

Last edited by lotus33; 09-22-2014 at 05:50 PM..
Old 09-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah the whole protein thing...

Its pretty conflicting info out there! Very confusing. I do think we are programmed to think we need more that what we actually do. It seems that I have been finding it is just really important to eat enough calories. I feel like I am eating a ton but it is good food and food for my body at a cellular level not just filly my belly ya know. I may get some spirulina to add to my juices.

Def have a lot more research to do!!

Do you get on pinterest at all?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Punched my food into fit~day. Had almost 1700 cals today and 50g of protein. I think that is fine. It was a little low but I think is fine.

Here is a calculator I used

Protein Needs Calculator - Online Protein Calculator
Old 09-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I peruse Pinterest all the time...mostly I just type in what kind of recipe I'm looking for and then drool over all the pictures and save some of the recipes.

Mostly I look for certain things...like a squash recipe or just vegetarian meat substitute or low carb dessert...stuff like that.

For sweets, I like moderately sweet and only occasionally. I make what I call almond bars every couple of weeks and they last me that long, sometimes longer.

I use an almond flour pancake recipe and add stuff to it. I add orange flavoring and s/f chocolate pieces...another time I added lemon zest, lemon flavoring, and lemon juice=was trying to make lemon bars, but they weren't that lemony...so next time I might add a tub of crystal light.

I used that recipe and made my Mom some GF banana bread for her birthday and she loved it. She's 74 so she doesn't do much cooking and truth be told, she never liked cooking.

And I use it to make pancakes and waffles once in a while too.

Last edited by Nigel; 09-23-2014 at 11:33 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

DAY 5

Weight- 215

B-1/2 small pineapple
L-big salad
D-big salad
S-1 date brownie
S- 1 green juice

Not feeling it today, I am hungry but not hungry ya know. Not really craving anything but not much of an appetite. Just having one of those days. Probably did not drink enough today either.

I can tell that this 100% raw thing will not be a forever deal! Vegetarian maybe... mostly raw....for sure, but not 100%.

Its so cold. Everything is cold and with the weather changing I want warm food!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Well pinterest is great for recipes! I really like the website allrecipes too!!

I have been pinning some new things to try for when the salads have just plain ol run their course! I am sure it will be soon that I am sick of them For now though I am good and the ease of it is nice. Although I am having to cook for my family anyway so its not that easy!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:32 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cucui
Stats: 274/244/150
WOE: Moderate Carb Vegetarian
Glad to see you're still at it Lotus. I like food gawker for finding recipes but I'll use pinterest for variety. We're going to try to add more raw meals around here and see how it goes. I've been looking at different salad options. We like sprouts and tomato and cucumber salad.
Cucui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I noticed some raw recipes that use a food dehydrator.

Has anyone made anything with the dehydrator?
Old 09-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Cucui! Never been on food gawker....will go and check it out! Thanks!

Yeah, I have been pinning like crazy trying to have a wealth of info at my fingertips for when I get bored. Today is a weird day. I am craving something for sure, but not sure what. Then came home and my MIL had dropped off half a pizza for the kids. I coulda....but didn't. I didn't want to feel all gross and bloaty tomorrow over a piece of pizza.

Nigel I have seen those too. I am interested in them but then not enough to go buy a dehydrator. I have seen where you can use your over at 200 for a couple of hours but didn't want to run the oven that long for some chips ya know. Although some nice chips would be good with my fresh salsa! Ok Nigel, I will take an order of chips! Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

DAY 6

weight ?

B- juiced half a pineapple, 1/2 lb of carrots, a shot of cherry concentrate
L-salad of shredded carrots, dried cherries, 1 yellow pepper, broccoli, chick peas, italian dresssing
D-salad with ranch and 2 tbs flax seed, 1/4 c slivered almonds
S-2 date brownies
S-1 banana sliced over 1/2 cup of blueberries

Rough day today. Maybe some carry over from yesterday? Maybe my system is bucking the changes and trying to sway me back to junk, dunno. It will pass.