Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: srbtennispro
Going veggie again, help please

Ok, Round 3 of vegetarian lifestyle starting tomorrow. I did a 10 yr. stint back in the 90s, then again for about 2 years around 08-10, but for the past 3 or 4 years I have been eating a very meat centered, high fat, low carb diet. For me, the ethical side of eating meat has always been the motivator to eating vegetarian, but my desire to stay very thin trumped my decision to go back to eating meat. My last stint from 2008-2010 I did low carb and vegetarian but ate nearly the same thing everyday. I get much more exercise than the avg. person since I play a high level of tennis on a daily basis and do about a mile or so run 5 or 6 days a week. My downfall, is I eat dinner very late compared to most people (after 9 pm) and I drink red wine nightly. (not willing to give up either)

My weight currently is very good, I am lean, etc. but I don't want to gain weight back that I lost through low carb diet. Would anyone be willing to give me a weeks menu plan of dinners to get me jump started? Breakfast and lunch I should be able to handle, probably looking at low carb wrap with cheese and veggie sausage for bfast, salad/ veggies for lunch from hot bar for lunch. Help me out with a weeks worth of dinners. I love tofu, and pretty much all veggies. I need rich, heavier type foods for dinners that complement red wine (at least some of the time) if possible. I read the recipe for parm. crusted tofu that sounded awesome... thanks, I'll be checking in tomorrow at work and off to the store after work to start shopping.
srbtennispro is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Nice to see you here. I just wanted to welcome you.

I'm real bad about eating basically the same things week after week. I do the majority of cooking at my house and I am the only vegetarian, a backsliding vegetarian at that. I often give into bacon.

I don't eat any other meat, I eat a lot of faux meats like quorn products, yves ground, 365 hot dogs. I just kind of make stuff like I used to make when I ate meat and subsititue out the meat for myself. A lot of times, I grill up some kind of faux burger...I am fond of boca burgers, MSF bean burgers, falafel, etc.

I don't have any menus to offer you, just some ideas. I eat a lot of salads and vegetables and beans too.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: srbtennispro
I will be eating a lot of tofu this time around. Also thinking cheesy vegetable casseroles, low carb flat bread pizzas, etc.
srbtennispro is offline   Reply With Quote