Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fiona1678
Start Date: August 2013
recipe ideas for veggies

HI all,

am totally new to this low carbing and to be honest dreading it as I am a carb addict. I'd love for any suggestions on recipes ...I am naughty and do eat fish ..also I am based in bonny Scotland so we defo don't have access to some of the low carb products in the US...any help would be fab xxx
Fiona1678 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Also check the recipe and suggestions forum. There are often vegetable recipes posted or meat with vegetable recipes that you can just omit the meat in.

I mostly eat fresh veggies, very often just steamed with some butter or cheese sauce and I eat lots of salads.

Raw vegetables and the skin of the vegetables are the best for you.

I don't know if you eat soy or any faux meats, but I use a lot of them as well. And I eat beans a couple of times per week.

Oven roasted veggies really bring out the flavor in some things, like sweet potatoes, cabbage, brussels sprouts, etc.

I hope this helps. If you search thru this forum also, there are a few veggie recipes posted.

Last edited by Nigel; 08-04-2013 at 02:29 PM..
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
p.s. Welcome to the forum.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jcslim
Raw veggies like zucchini, carrots, dips that are raw like raw cashew blended with organic olive oil and fresh garlic .... or make a advocado spread with chopped cilantro and red onion and a lil lime juice .....you can make advocado
lettuce wraps .... or how about raw zucchini spirals with chopped tomatoes and fresh basil a lil olive oil and a bit of raw garlic on top .... eating raw at least part of your day is very healthy.
Jcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
I have found that turnips sliced and fried in coconut oil make a great substitute for potatoes. Surprisingly they do not soak up a lot of oil. These have become my goto veggie when I am craving carbs.
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jcslim
Konjac noodles are low net carbs and you can make a low carb coconut Thai soup with konjac noodles .... roasted seaweed snacks are low carb and great for a salty snack wasabi flavoured is spicy .... almond milk is low carb and so are some coconut milk in cans .... eating a salad before a meal will fill you up and either making your own dressing or buying Annie's brand is a healthier choice than some of those other dressings with too many ingredients that you can barely pronounce or even guess what it is Lol
Jcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bobbyt
Homemade kale chips are a great snack while being low carb and low calorie. This recipe calls for olive oil but you can substitute it with coconut oil if you'd like! I also don't put nearly as much salt as the recipe says..I kinda just put a bit in my palm and sprinkle it throughout: Crispy Kale Chips Recipe : Melissa d'Arabian : Recipes : Food Network
bobbyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: veggieatkins
WOE: Atkins / Rosie Elliot Veg LC
Quorn chicken pieces are great in a bowl with some single cream and a handful of brussel sprouts. Add salt, pepper, herbs - Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and you have a lovely creamy 'chicken' dish
veggieatkins is offline   Reply With Quote