Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ishy
I screwed up AGAIN

I had two Sapodillas only to realise the carb content is high.
ishy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
It happens.

Dust yourself off and get back on track asap. Don't be mad at yourself.

You can do this.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:46 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ishy
I'm really trying. I have down 7lbs in a week but I assume that is water weight coming off first.
ishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitKat
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3-4-10
Hey, ishy. Sounds like you are trying to track everything so that is great!! As long as you aren't letting the slip become a full time occurrence it shouldn't affect your weight loss. And it sounds like it didn't.

7 pounds in your first week is fantastic!! WTG!!!!!!

Kat
FitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Yes, we generally lose water weight first and faster.
Realistically, one should only lose 1-2 lbs per week.
If we lose weight too fast, then we are likely to put it back on even faster.

It is hard to stay low carb, but it helps to find new and interesting foods and ways to prepare them.

I recently discovered the cheese rounds on the recipe help and suggestions forum and they are great, if you can eat cheese. They are also quite filling.

I never liked spinach because I had only had it canned or frozen. I wasn't really willing to try it fresh, but I started juicing with it and then started trying it in other things and I really like it. I'll never like canned or frozen spinach though.

I also find that spicing things up helps a lot. I can't eat garlic, but garlic is a great spice as well as many others.

For cabbage, I usually make it fried or roasted. I made it creamed cabbage with canned parmesan and cream and it was delish and tasted totally different.

The same with squash. I prefer the yellow squash, but I add Mrs. Dash Original to them when I steam them and that perks up the flavor. I also steam all my veggies al dente when I'm not eating them raw.

Eating veggies and fruits raw with the skins on whenever possible is the best way to get the most nutrients out of them.

Sometimes I don't feel like eating or I'm bored and don't have time to make a good meal, so I make a fruit smoothie out of berries and almond milk or else a homemade v-8+ juice.

It takes practice to be able to resist the high carb stuff but I have found that if I can find a suitable substitute, then I'm happy. It doesn't necessarily have to mimic the high carb thing. For example, someone might be having a loaded baked potato, but I'm satisfied with steamed broccoli with butter and cheese sauce and don't think about the potato anymore.

Also, I learned to lower my expectations from low carb foods. Recipes have improved vastly since I started out, but they will never taste like the real thing does, but there are some close clones that are low carb.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargD
Stats: 134/127/<119 (Orig. 180)
WOE: Pescatarian/LC/5:2
Start Date: May, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
I recently discovered the cheese rounds on the recipe help and suggestions forum and they are great, if you can eat cheese. They are also quite filling.

Thanks for mentioning these, Nigel. They look great and I can't wait to try them.

I might not have even opened that thread because I thought it was about those small, round cheese packages you can buy.
MargD is offline   Reply With Quote