Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vegetarian (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/)
-   -   Hey there! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/794563-hey-there.html)

Moosiegirl 01-15-2013 06:37 PM

Hey there!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm pretty new at low carb, but I've been in induction and doing it for 8 days now; I feel great! Right around day 6, I lost my appetite, and it's been wonderful. I hope to check in at least once a week here (hopefully more often!). Looks like a really kind and supportive group.

Jeannie

ishy 01-16-2013 05:49 AM

Hello there Moosiegirl. I am new to this diet also, about 3 days new. I agree does get easier and the carb cravings do eventually lessen. :welcome:

imstarryeyed 01-16-2013 09:07 AM

Welcome Moosiegirl and Ishy! This is a very supportive group but has been a bit quiet lately. Many of the stories on here got me motivated in the beginning. Losing the weight and feeling better each day kept me motivated.

Nigel 01-16-2013 09:38 AM

:welcome:

FitKat 01-16-2013 06:09 PM

Welcome Jeannie! Glad you stopped by over here.

Welcome to you too, ishy!

Please tell us about yourselves... How long has your WOE been vegetarian? Tough things/situations/foods for you? Easy ones? Does your family eat vegetarian also? And anything else you would like to share.

BTW, Jeannie, I'm in Colorado too. ;)

Moosiegirl 01-17-2013 04:07 PM

I've been vegetarian since I was 13, so it's been quite awhile. Vegan for two years about three years ago, then moved toward the other side of the pendulum and we started to eat fish about a year ago. So low carb as a vegetarian has been pretty easy for me (with fish). Luckily for me, my husband eats the same diet (pescetarian, i guess you'd call it), although he's not fully on board with low carb. He doesn't mind it most of the time, but he loves fruit and will have pasta once in awhile. Plus he is a runner and I hate to exercise, so I need to do more with my diet to lose weight. Hahahaha. As for me, I don't miss pasta at all, but I do miss good bread terribly. But it's a give and take, and I feel really well on low carb, so I don't mind. Hopefully my cravings for bread will go away eventually?

Nigel 01-18-2013 11:04 AM

Check out the help and suggestions forum.
There are lots of bread recipes and flour mixes that people use a lot.

I haven't made any bread in a long time and we all have different tastes but if you can find one recipe that makes a good substitute, that will help a lot.

Moosiegirl 01-18-2013 04:25 PM

Thanks, Nigel!

ishy 01-21-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitKat (Post 16200487)
Welcome Jeannie! Glad you stopped by over here.

Welcome to you too, ishy!

Please tell us about yourselves... How long has your WOE been vegetarian? Tough things/situations/foods for you? Easy ones? Does your family eat vegetarian also? And anything else you would like to share.

BTW, Jeannie, I'm in Colorado too. ;)

So sorry for the late reply, I saw your post just now. I have always been a vegetarian. My family is vegetarian except for my brother. I am Indian so most our food contains carbs like samosas, etc , etc. It's been a challange to give up all that up but I think I can do it. I have PCOS so I'm doing it for my health too.

MargD 01-21-2013 09:49 AM

Welcome Ishy and Moosiegirl!

Madge17 01-26-2013 02:44 PM

Welcome Ishy and Moosiegirl and FitKat! :welcome: