Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Debbi58
High Folate levels with Going vegetarian..

Has anyone else had this.. when changing over to being a vegeterian?
I had some blood work done last week and apparently she decided to check my B12 along with Thyroid, CBC panelt and Vitamin D levels.. They called and said she wants to talk to me about the results..
Had my Cholesterol.. which was 245 which is low for me.. its always been around 300.. except when I did Atkins.. it dropped but.. my HDL was 69 and the LDL was 151.. which she said was high..
but the Folate.. which the nurse said said it was.. greater then 20.. which I have no idea what that means except she said it was high..
Is that because I need Vitamin B12 or how does one get the level to where it is normal..
Maybe I should have posted this in the Health section but.. if so.. let me know I will move it.. Thanks..
Any help would be appreciated.. for I haven't felt the greatest the past week or so.. I get my balance off and my hands and feet are like prickly and tingly.. numbish like.. do have to add that I have Fibromyalgia too with Myofacial Pain Syndrome..
Debbi58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I am clueless about folate and I've never had a doctor tell me about that, but I've had my cholesterol tested and an AIC test a few times. Maybe copy and paste this in the health section also? I am curious to know what you find out too.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I found this report with a phone number for more information. It might be helpful.

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications/N3401.pdf
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote