Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargD
Stats: 134/127/<119 (Orig. 180)
WOE: Pescatarian/LC/5:2
Start Date: May, 2011
What will you/did you eat on July 4?

After having trouble with lack of food on Memorial Day, I am taking a marinated lentil salad to my sister-in-law's today.

I also plan on having a pumpkin shake just before we leave. I may tuck a Quest bar into my purse, just in case.
MargD is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
We are staying home and I'm trying out some Gardein chicken strips. I haven't decided how I'm going to make them, maybe just like chicken parmesan. The wife is having baked real chicken cause I haven't converted her yet--but I'm working on it.

I'm also having green beans and I might sneak a couple of baby new potatoes (I usually don't eat potatoes, but occasionally, I indulge) and a romaine salad.

I know its boring, but I always take a veggie tray with a couple of homemade dips and an antipasto tray with black and green olives, baby pickles, sometimes that marinated vegetable stuff (gardinara or somthing like that) assorted hot and mild peppers and 3-4 different cheeses. I only do this to ensure that I have something to eat.

Sometimes I made green bean salad...it's easy...just open a can or two of green beans (drain them), cut up some cherry or regular tomatoes, some artichokes, black olives, salt, pepper, and marinate it all in italian salad dressing. I usually do this a couple of hours before or even overnight and then drain most of the liquid off before serving.

I hope you get some good food to eat today. Happy 4th of July!!
Nigel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TishyLish68
Stats: 234.5/141.2/145 5 ft 5.5" 45YO
WOE: LC, no grains & Intermittent fasting
Start Date: February 2009
On Canada Day...July 1st, my hubby and I did a 36 hour fast ( as per our regular schedule). It was very liberating, no dishes to do, no meals to plan and cook. We spent some quality time together kayaking, walking on the beach, gardening and relaxing. It was nice to enjoy a holiday without food as the major attraction.
TishyLish68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi TishyLish68

It's great that you were able to do that. I sometimes do juice fasts, but not in a few months.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargD
Stats: 134/127/<119 (Orig. 180)
WOE: Pescatarian/LC/5:2
Start Date: May, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TishyLish68 View Post
On Canada Day...July 1st, my hubby and I did a 36 hour fast ( as per our regular schedule). It was very liberating, no dishes to do, no meals to plan and cook. We spent some quality time together kayaking, walking on the beach, gardening and relaxing. It was nice to enjoy a holiday without food as the major attraction.

HI TishyLish. That sounds like a great day, to me. I have actually been reading a lot about intermittent fasting lately.

Unfortunately, we were with my husband's family all day. I think my husband's family already thinks I'm weird, so I wouldn't dare do something like that when I'm going to be around them. I'm kind of wimp when it comes to them.
MargD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TishyLish68
Stats: 234.5/141.2/145 5 ft 5.5" 45YO
WOE: LC, no grains & Intermittent fasting
Start Date: February 2009
Well, both sides of our family ( my husband and I) already know that we`re weird... LOL !! We`re known as the radical ones...we don`t care any more, we don`t conform to they`re view of so called normal and thank goodness for that.
TishyLish68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: becky7474
Stats: 284.5/200/170
WOE: IF, Atkins '72
Start Date: Jan. 2012
A garlic and butter sauteed filete with a salad and later a piece of coconut pie.
becky7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmm,,,,coconut pie sure sounds good.