Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vegetarian (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/)
-   -   What will you/did you eat on July 4? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/777123-what-will-you-did-you-eat-july-4-a.html)

MargD 07-04-2012 08:03 AM

What will you/did you eat on July 4?

After having trouble with lack of food on Memorial Day, I am taking a marinated lentil salad to my sister-in-law's today.

I also plan on having a pumpkin shake just before we leave. I may tuck a Quest bar into my purse, just in case.

Nigel 07-04-2012 08:11 AM

We are staying home and I'm trying out some Gardein chicken strips. I haven't decided how I'm going to make them, maybe just like chicken parmesan. The wife is having baked real chicken cause I haven't converted her yet--but I'm working on it.

I'm also having green beans and I might sneak a couple of baby new potatoes (I usually don't eat potatoes, but occasionally, I indulge) and a romaine salad.

I know its boring, but I always take a veggie tray with a couple of homemade dips and an antipasto tray with black and green olives, baby pickles, sometimes that marinated vegetable stuff (gardinara or somthing like that) assorted hot and mild peppers and 3-4 different cheeses. I only do this to ensure that I have something to eat.

Sometimes I made green bean salad...it's easy...just open a can or two of green beans (drain them), cut up some cherry or regular tomatoes, some artichokes, black olives, salt, pepper, and marinate it all in italian salad dressing. I usually do this a couple of hours before or even overnight and then drain most of the liquid off before serving.

I hope you get some good food to eat today. Happy 4th of July!!

TishyLish68 07-04-2012 08:20 AM

On Canada Day...July 1st, my hubby and I did a 36 hour fast ( as per our regular schedule). It was very liberating, no dishes to do, no meals to plan and cook. We spent some quality time together kayaking, walking on the beach, gardening and relaxing. It was nice to enjoy a holiday without food as the major attraction.

Nigel 07-04-2012 08:42 AM

hi TishyLish68 :welcome:

It's great that you were able to do that. I sometimes do juice fasts, but not in a few months.

MargD 07-05-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TishyLish68 (Post 15774402)
On Canada Day...July 1st, my hubby and I did a 36 hour fast ( as per our regular schedule). It was very liberating, no dishes to do, no meals to plan and cook. We spent some quality time together kayaking, walking on the beach, gardening and relaxing. It was nice to enjoy a holiday without food as the major attraction.

HI TishyLish. That sounds like a great day, to me. I have actually been reading a lot about intermittent fasting lately.

Unfortunately, we were with my husband's family all day. I think my husband's family already thinks I'm weird, so I wouldn't dare do something like that when I'm going to be around them. I'm kind of wimp when it comes to them.

TishyLish68 07-05-2012 06:41 AM

Well, both sides of our family ( my husband and I) already know that we`re weird... LOL !! We`re known as the radical ones...we don`t care any more, we don`t conform to they`re view of so called normal and thank goodness for that.

becky7474 07-05-2012 08:38 AM

A garlic and butter sauteed filete with a salad and later a piece of coconut pie.:yummy:

Nigel 07-05-2012 10:48 AM

mmmmm,,,,coconut pie sure sounds good.