Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sherril
Stats: 207/188.6/125
WOE: Low-carb lacto-ovo vegetarian
Start Date: 11/09 the first time 2/12 this time
What do you do for exercise?

Well, school is out and I don't have to go to work for the next 2 months. So, my new job is to get going to the gym nearly every day for a couple of hours. Today was my first day. I decided to do the aqua aerobics. My first impression wasn't a good one. Everyone in the water was at least 10 years older than I am -- and I'm 50! Next, everyone was more overweight than I am -- and I need to lose 50 pounds--including the instructor. However, I worked very hard and got my heart rate up, while the rest of the students stood around having conversations and then it was announced on Thursday there will be a potluck. I think I'll skip the water class tomorrow. I'm going to try Zumba. It sounds like a lot of fun. After the water class, I felt like I needed more of a work-out so I got out my Kindle Fire and watched an episode of X-Files while I biked 8 miles on the recumbent bike. I worked up a sweat. I love that they have wi-fi for us to use. I don't think I could have stayed if I'd had to watch the Jerry Springer show that was on the TVs.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather87
I just LOVE Zumba.
I also go to the gym (with my mom, and she's 50 as well) and Zumba is the one class we both really love going to.

First of all, it suits all ages- you can find 18 year olds and 60 year olds and the wonderful thing about it is that you can dance at your own intensity. Everything works. The music is just great. I also really like dancing so I really enjoy this class.

It's a little embarrassing at first- all that shaking you booty- but once you get over it it's just pure fun. And you burn a lot of calories.

I also take kickboxing and a class called "Total Workout". But Zumba is my favorite...
Heather87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
I do the elliptical (no hands so I work abs simultaneously), or I run (either outside, on a treadmill, or in the woods) and I lift weights .. since the more muscle you have the more calories you burn ... I started initially by just walking, then I joined Curves, then I started going to the regular gym and running.

Good for you, trying different things til you find one you like! I do know a guy who lost over 200 lbs with water aerobics (and the old ladies, lol!), as well as walking .. it all works, you just have to pick one! have fun at zumba!
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargD
Stats: 134/124/<120 (Orig. 180)
WOE: Pescatarian and Low Carb
Start Date: May, 2011
I work out with a personal trainer (mainly lifting weights) on Monday and Wednesday evenings. He also put together a plan for me to do at home, on Saturdays.

I generally use the elliptical for about 30 minutes on Thursdays. On Fridays and Sundays, I ride my bike (outside) for 60-90 minutes. Sometimes I go to the high school track on Saturday and alternate running and walking for 30-40 minutes after my weight workout.

Some of this is weather permitting. If I can't get outside, I typically use the elliptical, or take a rest day.
MargD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: becky7474
Stats: 284.5/200/170
WOE: IF, Atkins '72
Start Date: Jan. 2012
I do HIIT and aerobics in the pool. I use a DVD for the aerobics.
becky7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sherril
Stats: 207/188.6/125
WOE: Low-carb lacto-ovo vegetarian
Start Date: 11/09 the first time 2/12 this time
My knee was killing me this morning so I've decided not to do the zumba class today. I will jump on the treadmill and go for a more gentle walk than I like just so I can get in some type of exercise and allow my knee to rest.
Sherril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
walk and swim and some resistance training with dumbells
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
I'm currently doing Turbo Fire. So my workouts are around 30-60 mins a day. Very fast paced and lots of moving and jumping. Love it!
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote