Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vegetarian (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/)
-   -   Is there room for someone new? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/773519-there-room-someone-new.html)

Heather87 06-03-2012 11:23 PM

Is there room for someone new?

Hi everyone!
I've been on and off the LC veg diet for quite some time now...Last night, I made a decision to start the diet again- no cheats, no excuses...

I'm a vegetarian (hadn't had meat for over a decate!) and I follow Rose Elliot's plan (for her book).

I'm looking for support and companion... hope to find it here. I've been reading some of the threads- you all seem like very nice people.

I'm 25 and intrested in losing 12 lbs or so.

Also- English is not my native tongue, so I'm sorry in advanced for any language mistakes..

TaDa! 06-04-2012 03:24 AM

Nice to meet you Heather! Rose Elliott's plan is really good. Have you been using her recipes or coming up with your own recipes?

Your English is great :) What country do you live in?

:love:

Pauline

Nigel 06-04-2012 07:24 AM

:welcome:

Heather87 06-04-2012 11:27 AM

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
My first day went along okay- it's actually easier second time around...
I know it's probably just water, but I feel a change already...

And I'm from Israel :-)

TaDa! 06-04-2012 11:55 AM

Glad to hear your first day went well! Even if it was water weight, it still makes your clothes feel looser ;)

I lived in Israel for a number of years - in Jerusalem .. pretty good place to lowcarb! (although I was a highcarb vegetarian back then - and I am sure things have changed a lot since I was last there).

keep up the great work!

Pauline

Heather87 06-04-2012 12:06 PM

Israel is a great place to low carb- lots of places that serves salads and cheese so eating out is rather easy.

That's cool- how you used to live in Jerusalem. Small world!

Tomorrow Im going food shopping... Yay :-)

TaDa! 06-04-2012 12:13 PM

have fun shopping!!! lots of great vegetables!!

yahhhh small world, lol!!!! I bet it's a lot easier to find tofu there nowadays!

Madge17 06-04-2012 01:10 PM

Heather87 :welcome: There will always be room here if we keep getting thinner! :D

Sherril 06-04-2012 07:41 PM

Please share some of your recipes that might be different than what we eat here in the states. I love to try new and different flavors. Welcome!

Heather87 06-04-2012 08:32 PM

Well, I usually stick to omlettes, tufo, veg and cheese.
I know that in the states it's hard to find low fat (5% fat and under), and altough fat is allowed on this diet, I still perfer to have low fat cheese- that way I can have more.

One basic recipe that comes to mind is something called "2-2-3 pie":
That means:
2 packs (250 grams each) of low fat cream/cottage cheese (I like to use one of each)
3 eggs
2 cups of vegetables of your choice.
You can add some olive oil on top.

Bake in a pre-heat oven 180C for 45 minutes or so.

I'll share some more later on- need to jog my memory :-)

Heather87 06-04-2012 10:02 PM

I forgot-

Add a table spoon of baking power.

Also by 2 cups I meant 2 cups of chopped vegetables.
I usually use a mix of mushrooms- if you're using other vegetables, make sure you squeeze them real good so all the water's gone.

I made one last night and it's my breakfast and lunch for today :)

MargD 06-05-2012 06:20 AM

This recipe sounds good. Welcome!

Madge17 06-08-2012 10:57 AM

Yes, the recipe does sound good and a little similar to a crustless quiche recipe I have. This one looks easier (and smaller ) too, (mine was for 9 x 13 pan) which is good when you are only cooking LC for one. :) Thanks!