Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vegetarian (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/)
-   -   I don't know where to start... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/773063-i-dont-know-where-start.html)

Star73 05-31-2012 04:14 AM

I don't know where to start...

I guess first with Hi everyone! :hiya:

I was told that a vegan diet would help my RA and inflammation tremendously. I'm already gluten free and I have very little dairy. I feel like I've given up a lot, but I'm willing to give up more to feel better and help the inflammation, especially its effects on my heart and vessels in the long run. I need to stay low carb though cause of insulin resistance. I know some of you have had great success with that!!!

I'm a meat eater, I always have been. I have noticed that if I have beef or pork that my joints ache more. The thought of giving up meat is scary. BUT, the thought of having so much inflammation in my body that I could have a heart attack or stroke in the next 10 years really is more scary!

I think I'm going to do more reading and get prepared mentally this weekend and get started next week. I'm going to need help from you guys. You seem like a really nice bunch.

I've bounced around from LC to JUDDD to paleo this year, with doing all combined basically with some intermittent fasting, LC and no grains or dairy but this is for my health and I need to do this.

sorry this was so long:p

saltnpepper 05-31-2012 05:00 AM

I am soooooo NOT an expert. I go back and forth in my mind about what I'm eating. (but I have a hard time eating meat)

From my experience you can find information backing up every way there is to eat. KYWIM

The best advice I've ever seen.....and it came from the Main Forum here, pick a plan you can do.

Good luck. I'm sure if you have questions the many "knowledgeable" folks here will help you.

Anna

Star73 05-31-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltnpepper (Post 15691345)
I am soooooo NOT an expert. I go back and forth in my mind about what I'm eating. (but I have a hard time eating meat)

From my experience you can find information backing up every way there is to eat. KYWIM

The best advice I've ever seen.....and it came from the Main Forum here, pick a plan you can do.

Good luck. I'm sure if you have questions the many "knowledgeable" folks here will help you.

Anna

Thanks! yes, I'm picking THIS plan :) I'm just going to need some support :)

When I said I've bounced around, I guess I have in a way, but I incorporate all three of LC, paleo, and JUDDD. I do some intermittent fasting some days and I do LC with paleo foods. Maybe that didn't make sense :p

I've been told that giving up meat will help my RA. This is where I'm at now. I've already given up gluten and most dairy. It may not be a hard transition at all once I get started. I'm determined to feel better. It's not just about weight loss for me.. although that will be great benefit to all of this..

Nigel 05-31-2012 06:54 AM

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your journey.

I'll help if I can.

Star73 05-31-2012 06:58 AM

Thanks Nigel :)

saltnpepper 06-01-2012 04:14 AM

How's it going Star?

Madge17 06-04-2012 03:06 PM

:welcome:

Sherril 06-04-2012 07:35 PM

Be sure to see the "what we eat" thread for some meal ideas.

Star73 06-04-2012 07:38 PM

hey guys :hiya:

I'm easing into things. I'm still having some meat, but cutting it out of most meals now. Thanks Sherril, I'll check that out !