Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Madge17
WOE: MeatlessLowCarb/LowSodium
Start Date: April 2012
2 things I found today...1 new product & my book! lol

1 - Almond Breeze Coconut and Almond milk blend (refrigerated), and

2) my Rose Elliot LC book that has been hiding itself (really well) all week! I was starting to worry it went out with the recycling. I haven't finished reading it.
Madge17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
That's great. Please let us know how you like the new product. It sounds interesting. I hope the cookbook is helpful. I confess I have that one too and haven't read much of it. Now I'm inspired to do so.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Madge17
WOE: MeatlessLowCarb/LowSodium
Start Date: April 2012
Nigel,
I still have half of my soymilk and just opened the 1/2 gallon of Hoods choc milk, so it will be a while until I get to the almond breeze blend (it has a July expiration date). If I could drink as much of these milks as I wanted, I'd be done in a week! I promise to review it as soon as I try it.

After re-reading the allowable foods portion of RE's LC book, I find I'm still not eating 100% within the induction phase. I find it's usually on the days where I run out of a specific food I need and can't get to a store that has it and I'm substituting. There's not a lot of wiggle room with LC vegetarian for the proteins, esp. if you don't care for a lot of the processed protein foods. Nuts, dairy and eggs are the only protein foods that I really enjoy - everything else I just eat for variety (or because I have to) - well, except for edamame, I love those too, but I'm trying not to eat any now since I've been losing sooooo slowly.
Madge17 is offline   Reply With Quote