Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I found Whole Foods in SA---so happy!!

I had to go to SA yesterday, so I went on a mission to find Whole Foods.
Well, I sort of fell in love with that store.

I was already tired by the time I got there as I had many errands to run since I pack as much as I can into an SA day, so I didn't look around as much as I would have liked.

What I want to report is that they had a little freezer just for vegetarian meat substitutes. They also had some in the fridge section. I found a few new things to try.

I was disappointed that while they carried Field Roast products, they didn't have the hot dogs. In fact, the only kind they had were Smart Dogs and those things taste like rubber tires to me.

I got some tempeh bacon, some meatballs, quorn cheeseburgers, chicken scallopini, wheat seitan, quorn ground, some other kind of vegetarian burgers, chicken tenders, lovely pepper jack cheese, dry soybeans, dry chikpeas, bragg's liquid aminos, and some fresh parmesan. (Note: these were all vegetarian products)

They didn't have my fave quorn naked chicken cutlets which are really good. I'll be going back there on my next trip so I can check out all the other products they carry. I loved the bulk bin section and the containers you can use to get your goodies.

Last edited by Nigel; 03-23-2012 at 05:53 PM..
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I'm going there today in search of Sunshine Burgers.
I tried to clone them, but my recipe is missing something...don't know what???????? So I am going to stock up and try cloning them again. Ya know, eat one, try a clone recipe...eat another one, try tweaked recipe...eat another one...yadda, yadda, yadda.

And how is everyone else doing today?
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargD
Stats: 134/124/<120 (Orig. 180)
WOE: Pescatarian and Low Carb
Start Date: May, 2011
Sounds like a fun experiment. I hope you'll keep us posted.

I'm feeling good today, because I have gotten back down to my fighting weight. I think I finally figured out what caused me to put on a few pounds. I cut way back on my food, but nothing helped. I decided to stop my allergy medicine for a couple weeks and suddenly the pounds have come off.

Now I just have to decide whether allergy relief is worth a couple extra pounds.
MargD is offline   Reply With Quote