Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
SPROUTS - Callaghan Rd.

Hi all,
The Sprouts store on Callaghan Rd. is way better than the one on Nacogdoches in SA. I went there yesterday and while I didn't go aisle by aisle, it was pretty much the same as when it was Sun Harvest and I am happy about that. It did have GF stuff on sale for .25% off if anyone is looking for that...turn right when you enter the store and in the bakery section, they have a big display of GF pizza crust mix, etc., and some GF crackers, cookies, and other stuff. They also had GF stuff on the baking aisles of the store.

I was happy to find Quorn chunks, so I'll be trying them out. They didn't have the crumbles and neither did the other store. I like Yves faux sausage, but neither store had them...don't know if they carry them, but they had other Yves products...so hopefully.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/108/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Good to know Nigel. I have not been to "sun harverst" in a long long time.

Thanks
Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sherril
Stats: 207/188.6/125
WOE: Low-carb lacto-ovo vegetarian
Start Date: 11/09 the first time 2/12 this time
Nigel, did you try the Quorn chunks yet? I bought them once from my Sprouts, but they were freezer burned and threw them away. I may have to give them another try. They seem to have new flavors on the shelves.

What are your favorite things to get there? I usually just stop by on my way home from Trader Joe's. I get roasted pumpkin seeds for my salads and a spaghetti squash or two. TJ's doesn't carry these items. I also get my low carb tortillas from there.
Sherril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
No, sorry to say that I haven't tried them yet. I'm bad about that. I also got the naked "chicken" cutlets by Quorn which I haven't tried either.

The last time I went there, I got produce mostly and some nutritional yeast. I noticed it being used a lot in recipes as sort of a cheese replacement and I used some a long time ago, but I forget in whiat.

I was looking for Yves faux Breakfast sausage because I like that the best but they have either been out of it or else don't carry it the last two times I went.

I bought a big jar of Sprouts Green olives...a bit pricey at $7 but really tasty olives.
Then I went to Sam's and they had some there. They were a different brand than they used to carry. The other brand that Sam's had didn't seem to be brined/cured enough or something. They very very tart and not a great flavor. I'll get them the next time I go, probably in March.

I also got almond cheese but haven't tried that either yet. They had lots of different cheeses that didn't have milk in them. I figured I'll try a different one each month and see which one I like the best. It's hard to wean myself off of dairy, for sure.

I have gotten the Tofuyan pita breads when Sprouts was still Sun Harvest. I didn't check to see if they still carried them.

Mostly I noticed they have a lot of GF mixes. I'm slowly working my way to GF.

We don't have great produce where I live, so getting it in San Antonio, it seems to last 3-4 x longer in the fridge.

Last edited by Nigel; 02-27-2012 at 07:36 AM..
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote