Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
Rua
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rua
Stats: 130lbs / 126lbs / 110lbs
WOE: Little or no carbs veggie diet
Start Date: June 2011
weight going back up :(

I know it happens but I'd love some advice, do you think i need to go back to induction if my weight is gradually going up?

I've noticed it the past few days, for a long time its been stuck at 56kg (123lb) and i was delighted but it wasnt going down anymore, then it started to go back up again, last night i was 57.7kg (127.2lb) and i can feel it around my waist. its getting me down

i did slip on the weekend, i had honey coated cashew nuts at an outdoor gig and rose wine. i paid for it bad with IBS and my tum was bloated for 24hours afterward.

I thought i was doing so good and now this
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I wish I had some good advice for you. I understand how you must be feeling.

Usually, a little slip doesn't make us gain weight. For me, I might be opposite of a lot of people, but I have to have a little carb/fat/extra veggies or something when I'm not losing weight.

Is it possible that the IBS affects your weight? I know it does my SIL. She has IBS and her weight is up and down all the time and she doesn't diet or eat any differently.

For me, I would probably eat more veggies or make some homemade v-8 juice and see if that doesn't help. I'm sorry I don't know more.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Where are you in your cycle? I have learned that I go up a couple pounds when I ovulate and just before and during TOM. Just a thought. A lot of women have these gains due to hormones.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 AM   #4
Rua
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
I wish I had some good advice for you. I understand how you must be feeling.

Usually, a little slip doesn't make us gain weight. For me, I might be opposite of a lot of people, but I have to have a little carb/fat/extra veggies or something when I'm not losing weight.

Is it possible that the IBS affects your weight? I know it does my SIL. She has IBS and her weight is up and down all the time and she doesn't diet or eat any differently.

For me, I would probably eat more veggies or make some homemade v-8 juice and see if that doesn't help. I'm sorry I don't know more.
so when you have some carbs when you arnt losing weight do you lose weight after that??
IBS is gone now, just lasted the day after i had the sugary food. and yep my weight would go up and down before i started this diet, probly the ibs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Where are you in your cycle? I have learned that I go up a couple pounds when I ovulate and just before and during TOM. Just a thought. A lot of women have these gains due to hormones.
just finished my week off the pill on sunday, so im not sure where the puts me in my cycle.

its weird, i weighed myself last night and i was 58kg, then i weighted this morn and i was 57.1kg!!
can you lose nearly a kg in your sleep :O
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Well, I don't know how your BC pills work, so I can't tell you either...lol... but yes, I drop a pound or more overnight in water weight quite frequently.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nemily
Stats: 157/147/133 - 5'3''
WOE: Vegetarian Low Carb - Rose Elliott
Start Date: 6th June 2011
Hi Rua

It sounds very much like some water retention to me, I always weigh a pound or two heavier at night than in the morning, and the bloating by IBS can easily be water retained.

Give it a few days without change I am sure you will find it sorts itself
nemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:34 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
s

its weird, i weighed myself last night and i was 58kg, then i weighted this morn and i was 57.1kg!!
can you lose nearly a kg in your sleep :O
Yes! I think its usually referred to as a whoosh. If I gain I its because I ate extra food. Sometimes I fill my plate is too full or have an extra fattening snacks & it shows up within a day or two.
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
I weigh a kg less in the morning, than at night. Most people do. You absolutely need to pick one time of day to weigh yourself - and the same clothing, or lack of clothing, if you want an accurate picture of what is happening.

Also, as Speck mentioned, your cycle - and a **lot** of other things can affect your weightloss pattern. I wrote a thread about that some time ago .. charting weight over a year. My advice: do not change anything .. keep eating the way you know works (skipping cashews and such as much as possible, lol!).

Here is that old thread. I think it might be helpful to you on how to get a more accurate picture of your progress: Weight Ups and Downs

hth a little!

Pauline

Stats: 47 Years Old & 5'3" tall
Weight: 236.5 (43 bmi) / 132.5 / 128-133 (size 4/6 .. 23 bmi)

*Weekly Weigh-In 7/10/12

My Journal
Year One Weightloss and Chart
My Weightloss Story
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 AM   #9
Rua
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys!
i went off the diet for a week while on hols and shot back up to 59-60kgs. very depressing and felt rotten!
im back on it a week now and accompanied by 30min walk and 15min cycle a day iv practically lost it again, this morn i was 56.4kg \o/
im delighted!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
I put on 2 lbs during my binge & it just sits around my middle. Really kind of weird how it hasnt distributed.
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #11
Rua
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidinem View Post
I put on 2 lbs during my binge & it just sits around my middle. Really kind of weird how it hasnt distributed.
my middle is exactly were it sits too!! then next the thighs!

wish we could decide were it goes! haha