Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vegetarian (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/)
-   -   weight going back up :( (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/729461-weight-going-back-up.html)

Rua 07-26-2011 01:46 AM

weight going back up :(
 
I know it happens but I'd love some advice, do you think i need to go back to induction if my weight is gradually going up?

I've noticed it the past few days, for a long time its been stuck at 56kg (123lb) and i was delighted but it wasnt going down anymore, then it started to go back up again, last night i was 57.7kg (127.2lb) and i can feel it around my waist. its getting me down :(

i did slip on the weekend, i had honey coated cashew nuts at an outdoor gig and rose wine. i paid for it bad with IBS and my tum was bloated for 24hours afterward.

I thought i was doing so good and now this :(

Nigel 07-26-2011 10:03 PM

I wish I had some good advice for you. I understand how you must be feeling.

Usually, a little slip doesn't make us gain weight. For me, I might be opposite of a lot of people, but I have to have a little carb/fat/extra veggies or something when I'm not losing weight.

Is it possible that the IBS affects your weight? I know it does my SIL. She has IBS and her weight is up and down all the time and she doesn't diet or eat any differently.

For me, I would probably eat more veggies or make some homemade v-8 juice and see if that doesn't help. I'm sorry I don't know more.

Speck333 07-26-2011 10:50 PM

Where are you in your cycle? I have learned that I go up a couple pounds when I ovulate and just before and during TOM. Just a thought. A lot of women have these gains due to hormones.

Rua 07-28-2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 14861100)
I wish I had some good advice for you. I understand how you must be feeling.

Usually, a little slip doesn't make us gain weight. For me, I might be opposite of a lot of people, but I have to have a little carb/fat/extra veggies or something when I'm not losing weight.

Is it possible that the IBS affects your weight? I know it does my SIL. She has IBS and her weight is up and down all the time and she doesn't diet or eat any differently.

For me, I would probably eat more veggies or make some homemade v-8 juice and see if that doesn't help. I'm sorry I don't know more.

so when you have some carbs when you arnt losing weight do you lose weight after that??
IBS is gone now, just lasted the day after i had the sugary food. and yep my weight would go up and down before i started this diet, probly the ibs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 14861133)
Where are you in your cycle? I have learned that I go up a couple pounds when I ovulate and just before and during TOM. Just a thought. A lot of women have these gains due to hormones.

just finished my week off the pill on sunday, so im not sure where the puts me in my cycle.


its weird, i weighed myself last night and i was 58kg, then i weighted this morn and i was 57.1kg!!
can you lose nearly a kg in your sleep :O

Speck333 07-28-2011 11:26 AM

Well, I don't know how your BC pills work, so I can't tell you either...lol... but yes, I drop a pound or more overnight in water weight quite frequently.

nemily 07-28-2011 02:37 PM

Hi Rua

It sounds very much like some water retention to me, I always weigh a pound or two heavier at night than in the morning, and the bloating by IBS can easily be water retained.

Give it a few days without change I am sure you will find it sorts itself :)

Heidinem 07-29-2011 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rua (Post 14864430)
s

its weird, i weighed myself last night and i was 58kg, then i weighted this morn and i was 57.1kg!!
can you lose nearly a kg in your sleep :O

Yes! I think its usually referred to as a whoosh. If I gain I its because I ate extra food. Sometimes I fill my plate is too full or have an extra fattening snacks & it shows up within a day or two.

TaDa! 07-29-2011 05:12 AM

I weigh a kg less in the morning, than at night. Most people do. You absolutely need to pick one time of day to weigh yourself - and the same clothing, or lack of clothing, if you want an accurate picture of what is happening.

Also, as Speck mentioned, your cycle - and a **lot** of other things can affect your weightloss pattern. I wrote a thread about that some time ago .. charting weight over a year. My advice: do not change anything .. keep eating the way you know works (skipping cashews and such as much as possible, lol!).

Here is that old thread. I think it might be helpful to you on how to get a more accurate picture of your progress: Weight Ups and Downs

hth a little!

:love:

Pauline

Rua 08-12-2011 01:30 AM

Thanks guys!
i went off the diet for a week while on hols :( and shot back up to 59-60kgs. very depressing and felt rotten!
im back on it a week now and accompanied by 30min walk and 15min cycle a day iv practically lost it again, this morn i was 56.4kg \o/
im delighted!

Heidinem 08-12-2011 02:32 AM

I put on 2 lbs during my binge & it just sits around my middle. Really kind of weird how it hasnt distributed.

Rua 08-12-2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidinem (Post 14907235)
I put on 2 lbs during my binge & it just sits around my middle. Really kind of weird how it hasnt distributed.

my middle is exactly were it sits too!! then next the thighs!

wish we could decide were it goes! haha


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 AM.