Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: korah
Stats: Starting Weight: 215lbs, Current Weight: 158lbs
WOE: vegetarian atkins
Start Date: July 2011
New Veggie Atkins Girl:)

hi ppls! i just started vegetarian atkins last week and have lost 8lbs so far i'm looking to make a few friends who are following a similar diet, to talk to for support and encouragement any tips or advice are very welcome hope everyone's having a great weekend!
korah is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Wow 8 lbs is amazing! Veggie Atkins Girl here too

Welcome!!!

Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 7doghouse
Stats: 180/155.2/135
WOE: Lacto-ovo vegetarian Atkins/LC
Start Date: Restart July 1, 2011
great job so far. This is great place for support and ideas!!
7doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks guys! Loving it so far how do you get to know ppl on this huge of a site? Lol overwhelming...
Old 07-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It just takes time, but you will make friends quickly, I'm sure.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:33 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nemily
Stats: 157/147/133 - 5'3''
WOE: Vegetarian Low Carb - Rose Elliott
Start Date: 6th June 2011
Hi korah, welcome and congratulations on your loss so.far x
nemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:46 AM   #8
Rua
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rua
Stats: 130lbs / 126lbs / 110lbs
WOE: Little or no carbs veggie diet
Start Date: June 2011
ello ello!

welcome along and wow! what a result so far!

as for making friends, here we are! i tend to stay in veggie section and look at recipes. guys here are so nice

keep posting!
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Will do lol whats everyones stories?
Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #10
Rua
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rua
Stats: 130lbs / 126lbs / 110lbs
WOE: Little or no carbs veggie diet
Start Date: June 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by korah View Post
Well im a vegetarian since i was 12, want to lose a lil bit of weight and reduce IBS so im trying low carb, well atkins i suppose, did two weeks induction but had a bit of a slip a few times (some by accident!).

I've been on it 4 weeks now but not perfectly so ive only lost 2kg really, just gota keep positive i guess.

and no probs with IBS since started!

loving the diet though, i never cooked before and now im experimenting all the time!
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Korah, I live in the States and have eaten Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian for 30+ years. Technically not a real one, as I added fish back in - for when I eat out at restaurants - but at home it is all vegetarian.

I am married for 18 years (eeeek!) have a 15 year old and 10 year old girls - both of whom are solely lacto-ovo vegetarian - no fish - they eat more whole grains than I eat, and some sugar and refined flour in the form of junk food, which I do not eat. DH is a carnivore but will happily eat like us much of the time.

I have been obese my whole life from the time I was a toddler and put on many many diets. I discovered Atkins in 2003 at the age of 38, decided that the science behind it could work for lacto-ovo, so I tailored it to myself and *my* proteins. I lost 108 lbs and have been maintaining that for about 5 years - and it is just amazing to me how simple it is and how different from the way I used to eat with my piles of grains or pastas topped with veggies and sauces. The lowcarb vegetarian books that have come out since, are all very similar to what I did to lose my weight.

Tell us about yourself! I see from your stats that you have lost a lot of weight already! What made you decide to try Atkins out?!

Pauline

Stats: 47 Years Old & 5'3" tall
Weight: 236.5 (43 bmi) / 132.5 / 128-133 (size 4/6 .. 23 bmi)

*Weekly Weigh-In 7/10/12

My Journal
Year One Weightloss and Chart
My Weightloss Story
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 7doghouse
Stats: 180/155.2/135
WOE: Lacto-ovo vegetarian Atkins/LC
Start Date: Restart July 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by korah View Post
I live in Minnesota, USA. I am married with 3 grown children. I have struggled with my weight and with an ED since I was 15. I originally began Atkins in 2000 and followed the woe as meat eater with my ED under control. I lost the 35 pounds very easily and then, like so many people, fell victim to carbs once again and gained all the weight back plus 30 more. I'm back this time following lo carb as a lacto ovo vegetarian (plus occasional fish that I recently added) and am losing much slower this time. I feel healthy and it feels like a woe instead of a "diet" now.
I have found these boards an invaluable tool for recipes and support and ideas. I hope you will too

Welcome,
Janine
7doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nemily
Stats: 157/147/133 - 5'3''
WOE: Vegetarian Low Carb - Rose Elliott
Start Date: 6th June 2011
Wow Tada you have done so incredibly well! what an inspiration ...

7Doghouse I am with you here, my new plan is my WOE too. Its incredible that I used to 'diet' not see the results, FAIL, give up and decide nothing works. If i ate something not on plan, I'd failed, then would eat EVERYTHING I had been deprived of, cos I'd failed anyway ... duh!

My story;

I have yo-yo'd since I was a teen, always a little chunky, but able to lose weight when I wanted to. 2 kids later and a bit of time gone by and seeming to be creeping up and up on the scale, lose a bit, creep back on etc. The main problem was that I saw diet as 'deprivation' and dreamt of what I would eat when I wasnt on the diet anymore. I tried so hard to get the sweet foods into my daily allowance, was always hungry, tired, headaches, and food concentration seemed to be magnified whenever I dieted.

3 things happened; I saw a program on tv where a dietician told a lady that she could tell she ate loads of carbs because she had a moon shaped face. I read a book on holiday where a WAG getting married lost all her weight for her wedding by eating low carb. I came back from the holiday another 4 lb heavier, having felt so fat and frumpy whilst on holiday then saw the pics of me in a bikini :blush:

So the second day after my hols, ordered the Rose Elliot book. But cut out rice, potatoes and pasta whilst waiting. Lost the 4 lb holiday weight.

The book arrived, I decided that was day 1 and weighed in at 157. The book made so much sense! I have polycystic ovaries meaning insulin resistance, IBS and Fibromyalgia ...

So that was the second week of June, I have now lost 11 lb. The first 6lb in the first week and the rest since. My IBS is much better, but the absolute main benefit to me is I no longer crave, think about food, no sweet needs, no hunger, indigestion. I feel at peace with my eating, I am learning new foods, new ways to cook, and there is no weighing or measuring. I do check my calories from time to time to make sure I'm not off track but as long as that scale goes down every couple of weeks I am happy, no hurry etc. I dont follow religiously the Rose Elliot book, I just eat low carb. I had a pc of cake last night, I dont see that as a fail I just had a pc of cake, it was a one off, I didnt then go off and eat loads more, there was no 'fail' going on .. my mindset has changed.

I feel so confident in my new WOE and the people on this forum (I stay in veggie section at the moment) and the tips, recipes etc have been amazing, total support (that I never felt I got from any slimming class).

Good luck xx

oh and been a veggie 21 yrs, and am 41 years young
nemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: littleindian00
Stats: 224/217/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July/2011

Hi everyone! im new to veggie atkins as well but not so sure of what i can and cannot eat as far as vegan/vegetarian meats. help please!
littleindian00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: littleindian00
Stats: 224/217/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July/2011
forget to mention,congrats korah! that is such a tremendous start for you :]

sorry guys didnt mean to post that last post in this thread, im not really used to message boards.
littleindian00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome.

There is a good recipe on here somewhere for faux meat, if you can eat TVP.

I eat a lot of boca burgers, crumbles. There is also morningstar farms products and quorn products. If you can eat Gimme Lean, it's okay.

That's about all I can think of right now, but if I have any more ideas, I'll post them here.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

hey guys sorry took me so long to reply to everyone!! but wow, so many amazing stories here! mine is similar to some in that i've always been chunkier even though i grew up vegetarian, healthy, with lots of exercise (my parents didn't allow tv, video games, and such!). after many failed diets in my early teenage years, i just stopped eating one summer and lost a lot of weight, finally got noticed by guys, and felt amazing. the beginning of my ed:S not sure how ed-friendly this site is, but yeahhhhh...ummm *awkward silence* anyways, during university i met my now-fiancee and fell in love and blah blah blah, for me happiness in love=weight gain (the dinners out, movies and popcorn nights in, sunday morning brunches, etc) so i gained a whopping 70lbs in one year and felt just horrible! i couldn't even weigh myself. finally in sept 2009 i joined curves and they weighed me in at a nice round 215lbs still didn't lose weight until finally one day i googled some symptoms i have (didn't know then that i had pcos) and figured out what was wrong with me and why i gained so fast. after the doctors gave me every pill imaginable for it and nothing helped, i just stopped eating again l lost 40lbs in 4 months, just in time for my university graduation and felt really good again. ed grabbed a hold of me, but then my appendix burst in july 2010 and after lots of hospital time, multiple infections, and being able to eat only breads, potatos, and bland pastas all summer, combined with mandatory bed rest, well i'm sure you can imagine what happened. gained 25lbs back before i got back in control again. started with ed again and went from 200lbs in sept 2010 to 147lbs in april 2011. loved it but the ed was taking its toll on me and with summer coming around again (summers are my weakness) i started gaining again. one of my ed friends that i met on an online site decided to start veggie atkins and i decided to do it too, as i was miserable with what i was doing to myself and my fiancee was extremely unimpressed. soooo yeah, that's basically my story. still have my ed squawking in the back of my head every time i eat cheese or whatever, lol, but the weight loss i've experienced has helped quiet it. plus i feel healthier, more energetic, and my fiancee is happy again so as an update: i've lost 11lbs so far 155lbs. i hope to be 145lbs by august 5...here's hoping!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
I leaned toward ovo-lacto vegetarian w/ fish most of my life. And yes I loved potatoes, grains beans! My blood sugar started rising & I switched to low carb and lost 20 lbs. I still use meat as my mom likes it & we share a house. I try to buy humanely handled grass fed. We have chickens for the eggs & they are lovely.

Last edited by Heidinem; 07-25-2011 at 06:15 AM..
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote