Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vegetarian (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/)
-   -   What did you eat today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vegetarian/726381-what-did-you-eat-today.html)

nemily 06-28-2011 02:21 PM

What did you eat today?

Just thought I would try and get some more feedback and maybe some more interest in the vegetarian thread with meals for the day?

My breakfasts are the same every day (creature of habbit)

3 tbspn fat free natural greek yoghurt
25g flaked almonds
2 tspn flaxseeds

mid am handful of nuts

lunch
Salad, leaves tomatoes cucumber half a beetroot
some walnut pieces, shavings of feta cheese

mid pm one apple

Main meal
pepper halves roasted with;
lentils, mushrooms, green beans and onion mixed with flaked almonds, garlic, chili, ginger and cheddar cheese. with grated cheese and ground almonds topping, 4 roasted cherry tomatoes.

what did you have?

lj3 06-30-2011 12:44 PM

not really about what im eating. wanted to ask you about Callanetics. I read you were doing it as exercise. I havn't heard about it for years, but since ive read so many people of here doing it too. I have ME so get muscle pain and fatigue (like with your fibromyalga) and wanted to ask how you find callanetics and are you doing other exercise too? Is there a revised callantetics from the original plan?

nemily 06-30-2011 03:04 PM

hi

Well I started off very gentle and must admit I ached for about 3 days. so i left it another 2 before doing it again. This time i didnt ache.

I am using the old 1980's version, chatted to a callanetics teacher on facebook for a bit of guidance and she said to let my body tell me when to do it or not. I have to admit to feeling stronger for it. and already feeling more toned :)

I have done 5 sessions to date, and really want to keep it up as long as i can.

My sister has M.E and I have fibro, its nasty stuff isnt it? When you are having a flare, it knocks all the good 'building up' work away and you have to start from scratch, but I tend to be in denial, believing I can make myself better! So I am full of determination at the moment.

There is a newer version called Callanetics Revolution, which is apparently very good but the lady i chatted to suggested I get back into the old way first and if I have success and am able to do it, then get the Revolution.

xx

Rua 07-05-2011 08:23 AM

today i had...

Brekkie : two boiled eggs mashed with butter and pinch salt

Snack: babybel and sugarfree red bull :blush:

Lunch: left over dinner, aubergine bake with mushrooms and cheese

Dinner: unknown as of yet! :D ive a couple of avacados, might look for a recipe :D

nemily 07-05-2011 02:50 PM

Welll ...

Today

yoghurt, almond flakes and flaxseed

small slice almond bread with tomatoes and grilled cheese on it, cucumber and pepper sticks

Peppers stuffed with lentils, mushrooms, leeks, courgette, cheese and chilli

(with left overs for tomorrows lunch :) )

nemily 07-05-2011 02:51 PM

ps .. how do you make the aubergine bake?

Rua 07-05-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemily (Post 14799913)
ps .. how do you make the aubergine bake?

i made it up as i went along! :D

sliced aubergene in a casserole dish, added mushrooms. whisked eggs, cream cheese and cream then poured it on top.

Topped it off with lotsa grated cheese and banged it in the oven for 35mins :D

it was yuuuuummmmy!

lj3 07-06-2011 01:30 PM

nemily, how are you making the stuffed pepper dish and which variety of lentils. Is it in the Rose Elliot book or are you choosing receipies from other low carb source?

Rua 07-06-2011 02:08 PM

oh so proud of myself!! made stuffed mushrooms and a pancake for dessert!!! all low carb of course!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0...2/IMAG0188.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-k...2/IMAG0189.jpg

Nigel 07-06-2011 02:45 PM

that looks really good!!

nemily 07-06-2011 03:11 PM

oh wow, now you are putting me to shame.

aubergine bake sounds lovely, i am def going to try that!

pancake ... can i have the recipe pls and what will you serve it with?

lj3 ... i have been stuffing peppers for about 20 yrs or so, i think i got the recipe from one of rose elliots veg cook books back then. anyway i never make it the same twice but typically ...

i cut two peppers in half, open end up, stick in the oven

boil some red lentils up (about a large handful or so)
fry some onion, garlic, cubed courgette, sliced mushrooms, spinach
add the drained lentils and stir to steam off some of the water
add seasoning, a spoon of pesto, some grated cheese, prob an ounce..ish

by this time, i take the peppers out of the oven, stuff with mixture, presing down with a spoon, sometimes add nuts, grated cheese on top, some ground almonds maybe, stuff back in the oven til it looks done, about 15 mins . not an exact science, and its different every time. i eat two halves for a main, then one half each for lunch the next two days, with salad. :)

TaDa! 07-06-2011 03:37 PM

wowowow sorry I opened this thread, lol! too close to dinnertime .. Those mushrooms look amazing .. as does the pancake .. did someone say they couldn't cook?!! You must be very modest Rua, lol!

veggie 07-06-2011 07:09 PM

Rua, they look delicious :)

I ate pretty badly today (first day of deciding to low carb)

B: 2 cups of coffee
L: tub of cottage cheese, homous and 4 rice cakes (i know i shouldnt have eaten the rice cakes)
S: strawberries and cream
D: 4 quorn sausages with garlic mayo
s: apple and peanut butter

I also ate some of a brownie... and had lots of coffee and diet drinks :P

I know tomorrow will be better... i was just very badly prepared for today but tomorrow Im going to go shopping before I work out so I eat properly first and have more variety.

Should I eat something more carby or drink a sports drink before playing a rugby game (its my first one - ekkk!)

Oh I also drank a low cal sports drink at the gym (it had 10grams of carbs per bottle)

Rua 07-07-2011 02:22 AM

Why thank you :)

no seriously, cant could, never cook. cheese on toast was always my speciality! lol

The pancakes were fantastic!!! i made two more and they came out much better.

2 eggs
2 table spoons of cream cheese (all i had left, could have used more!)
some cream, umm i just poured so id say half a cup? lol
teenie bit of vanilla and small spoon of splenda

whisk and pour in frying pan like normal ones!

i got 3 out of that.

warning, the top stays liquidy which made it hard to flip, be gentle :)

nemily they sounds great, i thought peppers and lentils were high in carbs though? :confused:

veggie, my friend (meat eater) is doing ketosis and after a big exercise he has a choc bar, i duno if its something you need to do though so im not much help. dont worry bout the bad day, in all fairness it was THAT bad, today you will do great :up:

TaDa! 07-07-2011 07:26 AM

Those look amazing Rua!

Veggie .. do you like those quorn sausages?! I may have to hunt some down!!

:)

Pauline

Rua 07-13-2011 03:25 AM

dinner last night...
tofu chunks (made crispie!)
spinach and ricotta balls
hallumi fried

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--...otta_balls.jpg

lj3 07-14-2011 03:08 AM

WOW....looks mouth watering...love the idea of the spinach and ricotta balls, how do you make those?

Rua 07-14-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj3 (Post 14825142)
WOW....looks mouth watering...love the idea of the spinach and ricotta balls, how do you make those?

it was yummy and so easy!

i mixed ricotta and some feta together with one egg yolk.

defrosted frozen spinach and tried to drain the water off before mixing it with the cheese.

mixed

clumped into balls with grated cheddar (think Parmesan would work better though!)

then put them on an oiled tray into the oven till browning :)

easy peasy!

then i had an egg white left over so i whisked it, added coconut, ground almonds and flax and made coconut balls, stuck them in oven too, yummies!! :D

marissagianna 07-18-2011 11:24 PM

vegetarian breakfast most important meal of the day, which provides highly preffered nutrition and energy your body needs. & I love my breakfast with bread upma its a best breakfast of my day..try this vegetarian breakfast with bread. Its very yummy!!!

Rua 07-19-2011 02:05 AM

made aubergine bake again but wasnt as tastey, dont know what i did different :(

wish i knew about herbs and what to put in what so i can add flavour to meals!!

Butternut 07-19-2011 02:36 AM

Salad
two boiled eggs
pecans
beans
cheeseburger without bun
cherries
pineapple smoothie

nemily 07-19-2011 12:58 PM

made a pizza! First ever low carb pizza, was a little weird but nice (i think) haha.

just been give a pc of choc fudge cake though which i AM going to have :blush: (someone's birthday).

TaDa! 07-20-2011 05:38 AM

What kind of pizza did you make Nemily? I know there are a lot of lc pizza recipes out there!!

This isn't pizza, but when I want that pizza taste, I make this. Somehow the toppings with the mushrooms inside of the casserole really taste like pizza to me, lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaDa! (Post 13196178)
This is an entree if you eat lc vegetarian and I have portioned it out in very large pieces, so you could easily halve each and make it a side dish! Also, I tend to use ingredients that will lower the calorie count, sometimes sacrificing the carb level since I eat a few more net carbs than most people .. so if the nutrient values don't rock your world, play around with it some - you can sub whole eggs for the eggbeaters I have in there, heavy whipping cream or whole yogurt for the lowfat yogurt, etc etc etc. All that said, this is one of my faves of all time!

Baked Spinach Casserole

8 big servings

3 - 10 oz pkges frozen chopped spinach -- thawed and drained
3 - 4 oz cans of mushroom slices -- drained
4 whole large eggs
2 cups eggbeaters
3/4 cup lowfat yogurt
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups Hunt's Tomato Sauce
16 oz shredded mozzarella
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoon basil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12x16 baking pan with cooking spray.

Beat eggs with a fork then stir in all the spices, the yogurt and the parmesan cheese.

Mix well then stir in the spinach and mushrooms.

Spoon into the prepared pan and tap to settle into an even layer.

Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes then spread the sauce on top and sprinkle on the cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes.

Let sit 15 minutes before cutting the casserole!

Calories 265, Net Carbs 7.4

nemily 07-20-2011 03:14 PM

That recipe looks interesting ... but what is 'eggbeaters'? never heard of it?

The pizza I made was;

7 oz cheddar grated all over a swiss roll tin

100g cream cheese and 3 eggs mixed with garlic and oregano, poured over it.

Baked in the oven 30 mins.

tomato sauce (tin tomatoes, garlic and oregano whizzed up) over the top, raw courgette, mushroom and pepper, some parmesan, back in the oven for 10 mins.

I wasnt over awed with it last night (it serves 4) but I took another portion to work today and microwaved it, it was really lovely today! (odd how food tastes better the next day!)

Tonights tea was a veggie curry with a small portion of chickpeas in it, that was lovely too. I guess tomorrow is pizza for lunch and the rest of the curry for tea, easy meals eh? got daughters leaving prom tomorrow so probably a good thing I dont have to cook aswell as painting nails, straightening hair and preening the diva!

TaDa! 07-20-2011 06:24 PM

The pizza sounds very good! Funny how some meals are the day after .. and at different temperatures too!

Eggbeaters is just a product that is basically egg whites ... the original recipe just calls for 12 whole eggs. I am using the product for 8 of them to just cut down total calories. Egg whites can be substituted, or just use 12 whole eggs! I tend to bring that one to every meeting / event that requires I bring a casserole and many times, it has been the first one to be eaten. Too bad my darn kids won't touch mushrooms, lol!

Have fun pampering your princess tomorrow!