Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Cheers from Sweden! newbie in the house!

Hi everybody!

I am new here and checking out the lowcarb diet. I'm following my husband in joining this site and checking out this section because I'm a vegetarian (and he's not). I wanna help him out and support him in every way I can (he's just had a heart attack and is now trying to change lifestyle and eating habits) and also take care of my own health (we're in need of losing weight etc and working on finding a diet that is healthy and helpful to us both). Anyway, to make a long story short: I would like to try the lowcarb diet vegetarian style, so please if anybody could help me out that would be great! Thanks to one and all for reading!

Cheers!!
VegetarianSpanuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Welcome VegetarianSpanuck! Has your husband figured out a particular version of lowcarb to do? It might be easiest if you are both on the same type of "plan" so that any food you prepare for yourself would be ok for him too .. and then your only differences would be the protein portion some of the time ..

Atkins might be a good program to do, or South Beach Diet, etc. There is a new version of the Atkins plan out called New Atkins For a New You and it has some vegetarian guidelines along with the old meateaters diet

if I can help in any way, let me know! 3 vegetarians, one meateater in my house, so I do deal with some of the issues you mnight also have.

Pauline

Stats: 47 Years Old & 5'3" tall
Weight: 236.5 (43 bmi) / 132.5 / 128-133 (size 4/6 .. 23 bmi)

*Weekly Weigh-In 7/10/12

My Journal
Year One Weightloss and Chart
My Weightloss Story
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Hello Pauline and thank you for the welcome!

Yes, he is mostly in the diabetes section of this board, as he is being tested for diabetes currently and working on finding out what is going on with that. We are planning on doing a similar diet, I am a non-diabetic however. The main difference is that I am non-diabetic and vegetarian, whereas he eats meat

For now I guess I just want to see what's out there and make new friends to help me out on my journey

Cheers
VegetarianSpanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
You two can definitely do the same diet "plan" (with the exception of meat). I do Atkins started at 20 net carbs .. and now I eat 60-100 net carbs a day which I think is less than most diabetic diets even. I eat grains in very small quantity.

Once you have figured out what level or plan is best for his diabetes, i'd be happy to "translate" it for you into vegetarian form

keep us posted!!!

Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Oh good, another veggie low-carber. =)
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote