Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Jimmy Johns wraps

Anyone ever tried their veggie wrap? Its really good if you dip it in a side of dressing! (I used my own italian dressing)

Its basically provolone cheese with tomato, avocado spread, alfalfa sprouts and cucumbers wrapped up in a bit lettuce leaf.

It would be even more awesome if they offered hummus in there.

I'm sure you could make your own variations of this at home. Things like roasted red peppers, feta cheese, etc are coming to mind! Or maybe fresh mozarella with tomatoes and pesto wrapped up. Or maybe egg salad.

It makes a very convenient little package to eat on the run or at work. Obviously, lettuce wraps are nothing new to lowcarbers, but for some reason I had never thought about doing vegetarian versions (before now, I though of a lettuce wrap as a "meat delivery system" instead of bread, LOL)

Last edited by Strawberry; 02-12-2011 at 10:19 PM..
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Butternut
Stats: FAT
WOE: No Flour, No Sugar
Start Date: I have been very bad....
I think we might be getting a Jimmy Johns.....have never tried one, but will be!
Butternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Apparently I need to move! We don't have any of these advanced thinking fastfood places, lol!!!

I have made lettuce wraps before but find my problem (lol!) is I like my cheese all melty and that does terrible things to the lettuce, lol!!

Question for you Strawberry, at Jimmy Johns .. do they use iceberg lettuce, romaine, or something else? it would be good to know what the "experts" use in case I do decide to go back to a cold lettuce wrap someday, lol!

Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I melt the cheese on the vegetables and then put it all in the wrap. Just a suggestions.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AggieTerr
Stats: 370+/185/170
Start Date: April 2001
Jimmy Johns beach club unwich with extra cucumber, sprouts and peppers. It is my favorite lc lunch. 451 calories, 9 carbs, 37 fat, 22 protein. I usually eat 1/2 for lunch and 1/2 for a snack later. The other thing that makes it great is that they wrap it so well in the lettuce that you can hold it in your hand while you eat it.
AggieTerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
I discovered another variation for a veg wrap today: pimento cheese! yum! (I made this at home)

At Jimmy Johns, they use iceberg lettuce. They pull off 2 or three huge leaves of iceberg lettuce and hold it in their hand like a big cup. Then they pile in the fillings. They roll it up, tucking in the bottom like a burrito, the top is open with the yummy fillings visible and they wrap it in paper to hold it all in place.

I'll try to take a picture of a wrap with the lettuce "cups" and then wrapped up. I think its cool because it makes it so portable and non-messy, so its great for lunch or if you need to eat on the go.
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:14 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
That sounds really cool Strawberry!!! Thanks for the great description!

lol Nigel!!! I guess you need to be a genius to figure that one out .. perfect! melt the cheese over the veggies first

Sounds like something i'd like to try!!!!

Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote