Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chloeasha
Stats: 160/135/117
WOE: cutting out refined things
Start Date: June 2009
New here :) My tracker!

Hi all! I think I actually gave my vegetarian introduction in Annie's thread, but, I'll post another brief one. I am virtually vegetarian for the msot part-- i will eat poultry, fish, and eggs but I usually eat what I cook, and what i cook doesn't normally include poultry. I have one of the three usually once or so per week. If i have something else with a protein like tofu or chickpeas, i may go more than a week without an actual egg/fish/poultry dish. I'm actually allergic to mammal meat, so it is partially how I have always been but even more set now.

I have about 15lbs to lose. I know that's not a lot, but I know how I gained all my weight in the first place-- eating trash I love soda, I love donuts. I love rice. Bread? Yes, please. So basically, I'm not low-carbing it as strictly as some people here but I am cutting out the carbs I know I shouldn't have.

So I'll start with what I had today:

B: Pumpkin bread. Yes, I know this goes contrary to everything I just posted above. LOL. My mom made it and gave it to me and expected me to eat it.
L: Chicken Chili (it's mostly tomatoes and peppers.. small bit of chicken, small bit of black beans.
D: Salad (butterhead lettuce with a pinch of parmesan), chocolate pudding, lowcarb pita with lettuce, tomato, and cheddar-- meatless taco!

So far I've drunk 60oz of water. I'll get in another 30 before bedtime.
chloeasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Hi Chloe! Nice to meet you!!! I have a 15 yo who is vegetarian (lacto-ovo, no fish or meat) and who has a lot of food allergies. In fact we just went to a new allergist and he took some blood tests. She hasn't been tested in 8 years .. we are hoping she might have outgrown some of the nuts, seed and peanut allergies .. those are also some good vegetarian protein sources that I use daily..

Is "meat" your only food allergy?

Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chloeasha
Stats: 160/135/117
WOE: cutting out refined things
Start Date: June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
Hi Chloe! Nice to meet you!!! I have a 15 yo who is vegetarian (lacto-ovo, no fish or meat) and who has a lot of food allergies. In fact we just went to a new allergist and he took some blood tests. She hasn't been tested in 8 years .. we are hoping she might have outgrown some of the nuts, seed and peanut allergies .. those are also some good vegetarian protein sources that I use daily..

Is "meat" your only food allergy?

Pauline
Hi! Yes, it is my only food allergy although I grew up on a low cholesterol diet with my mom and dad and found out subsequently that I can't eat too many lipids or else I go into a major gall bladder attack. So I've managed that for the last 11 years by just not eating a bunch of fried things, too many nuts, etc. Those are my main two problems. The meat thing though is more serious-- the fat/lipid problem takes a couple of days to set in and I feel terrible the whole time-- but the meat will give me anaphylactic shock in a matter of minutes/30 minutes. Of course consequently, I can tell you a lot of yummy chocolates contain mammal meat derivatives-- maybe lard? amongst other surprising and not-listed places

Maybe tomorrow or the nest day I will go shopping for groceries. I am going to be looking through some recipes to figure out what i want to make. I have a really long commute to and from work so I think I am likely to go with the usual plan where I cook a lot one day and then reheat on other days. I still have chicken chili but I need more vegetables.
chloeasha is offline   Reply With Quote