Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 03:48 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Josiane
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 02/08/2011
hello Ailuros, have a nice french practise.

Yes Annie, I gave a try with dudu. I lost a lot of weight. I did it really well , with the time for the maintenance etc.... but I put it all back. Dudu will tell you it's because I reverse to my old way of eating and he is right. But I am a vegetarian eater and I don't like meat even if meat (and fish and etc....) seems to be the thing I have to do to lose weight.
So I have really to find a way that suits me and that I can keep for the rest of my life. That is the difficult part.
Maybe JUDDD will be the answer as I am sick and tired of thinking I have to be on a diet and not eating this or that.
You know at the moment I think to myself tomorrow I am dieting, and you can be sure that today I will be eating far too much to compensate in advance. I know it is ridiculous but I still do it and I put on weight!!
Now with this hospital thing to come, I am saying to myself Oh gosh I am going to put on weight again. Yes because I am the type of person that put on weight in hospital. Probably because I don't move. That's also the reason why I did put a lot of weight now, with my knee et leg being so sore I cannot move much not even doing some shopping.
Josiane is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 05:41 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Hello Annie! Ailuros and Josianne! Call and I come, lol

I have had a very busy time the last week or so .. a lot of emotional turmoil with my youngest daughter, so I have been focusing on family and not around here so much!

I find JUDD interesting but not something I could do -- I think mentally the down days would really upset me and set me up for binge eating which has been a problem for me from time to time anyhow!!

I do think Josianne that finding a way of coping with the hospital stay is an excellent idea!!! There have been times when I have been on vacation to countries where the food is starch-based, sometimes with little or no lowcarb vegetables and since I do not eat meat, I have had to focus on 1) making the best choices from out of a lot of bad foods, and 2) to focus on portion sizing .. I have always managed to either maintain my weight or lose weight doing that. It does sound like JUDD could work for situations like being at hospital and at the "rehabilitation" home too.

Annie, lol! I have had to ban lowcarb ice cream from my home! lol! Occasionally I will get some outside of the house - there are two places that have a single lowcarb option - We live and learn what we can tolerate and control ourselves with, lol!!

Have a great evening ladies!

Pauline

Stats: 47 Years Old & 5'3" tall
Weight: 236.5 (43 bmi) / 132.5 / 128-133 (size 4/6 .. 23 bmi)

*Weekly Weigh-In 7/10/12

My Journal
Year One Weightloss and Chart
My Weightloss Story
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Nice to see you here Tada !
I'm sorry to hear you have trouble with your daughter... ahhh kids ! I get's that's why I'm not in a hurry to have my own

JUDDD helped me a lot so far. I don't know if i'll stick to it for long but at least it helped be not putting on any weight after my Croatian crazy trip !

I definitely have to go buy some tofu, I've had to many eggs recently
I have been really busy with teaching and classes and when I go shopping I tend to get stuff for my boyfriend (big big eater) and i forget my own stuff

@Ailuros : alors, ça s'est bien passé ?
I go to London at every couple of month, we should meet if that's were you live, we could practice talking about LC in french

Bonne nuit everyone
Old 03-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Très bien, merci, Annie. I'm a couple of hours west of London, but some of the UK people are in the London area.

Last summer I went on a yoga course in France - talked about lots of things, but not LC ! - but I don't think I'll manage that this year. Maybe next year. I went by train, and had lunch in Paris between trains .
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Hello everybody, how are you doing
Thanks TaDa for your encouragment. For the moment JUDDD suits me so I will give it a real try.
Annie aren't we all the same, we women never thought about ourselves but always of everybody else. I tend to do the same and end up eating the wrong stuff
Now I am doing my grocery shopping on the net and they delivered at home so I have plenty time no forgetting myself.
Ailuros, if you come in France, you should also pushed towards Cannes. it's a beautiful place

Have a nice end of the day
Old 03-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cannes sounds very nice, Josiane, but I've never been there. I've been a bit further west, to the Tarn area (near Albi), and to Narbonne, and a bit into the Pyrénées.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

I am a bad bad girl ... i totally neglect my own thread !

I'm still veggy-low-carbing-JUDDDing and I have to say the results are amazing ! The maintenance might be tricky, but so far it's sooo good ^^

The problem (there's always a problem!) is that my parents are coming over for the weekend... 4 days of restaurants and wine coming up ! they'll arrive tomorrow afternoon and leave on tuesday... gotta be strong

Have a very nice weekend everyone
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a fun weekend with your parents, Annie.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #99

How is it going Annie?! Good I hope!

Pauline
Old 03-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Bonjour Pauline

Of course i'm fine ! I've been really busy these days, first with my parents over, then because of the japanese tsunami. I worked at national TV as an interpreter for a couple of days...
I've been LC/JUDDDing alright, I gained a little after my parent's visit but drop everything by the end of the week !
Yesterday I went to a japanese party where i couldn't ignore the sushis so I screwed on the carbs Today I'm having a down day, so it should compensate ^^
I'm having really good results on JUDDD but now i wonder if i'm still in ketosis or not : Even if I keep my carbs low (30 max) i'm not eating much proteins on DD...

Anyway I only have a week left before my Bday and my goal of 58kg... let's hope i'll make it !!

Josiane, Ailuros, where are you ? how are you doing !
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Annie, I'm fine. I've just spent the weekend with my parents, so not been on-line much. I think I need some down days to compensate for a weekend of up days!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 AM   #102

That is great that you have found a plan that works so well for you Annie!!! Here's to 58 kg and a wonderful birthday!!!!

Pauline
Old 03-22-2011, 05:45 AM   #103
Junior LCF Member

hello all,

It's a long time since I have been here. Sorry. I am busy preparing for my opération (buying stuff, organizing food for DH ect....) and on the top of that I don't seem to be able to concentrate on doing a diet. So whatever I lost last week , took it again during the week end. So I am a bit depressed. I know it's all my fault, nothing to do with Juddd program which is great, I knwo it
It's me and only me . I have to concentrate again. Not an easy thing to do at the moment.
Annie, when is your birthday exactly ? In any case if I am not around on the date, Bon Anniversaire to you with a lot of success in everything and all the best.
Hello Pauline , Hello Ailuros.
Have a nice day everybody.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #104

Josiane, best of luck with everything! Don't be hard on yourself. We each have to find the food plan that works for us personally. I know I could not do JUDDD successfully - the down and up days would both pose problems for me.

Pauline
Old 03-23-2011, 07:25 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Best wishes for your operation, Josiane.

I agree with Pauline - it's important to find a plan that works for you, not just in the sense that if you follow it you lose weight, but also one that suits your lifestyle, your tastes etc. And even so, there are always times when it all falls apart for a while. I've just noticed that Pauline and I both have start dates of 2003. I've certainly tried a few different things over those years to get to something that works and that I can live with.