Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Vegicarb
WOE: Lo-carb Veggi
Start Date: October 1st
YES!!

Google "Califlower Pizza" !! Try the think crust version and sub the cheeze with veggie-cheese + egg w/ eggwhite! SUPERGOOD!!!

Below is a good list of subs

Califlower/ Rice...Pizza dough
Tofu Shirataki/Noodles
Truvia/Sugar
Flaxmilk/Milk
Salad Spritzers/Salad Dressing
Egg White/Egg
Veggie Burger/Burger
Plain Greek Yogurt (w/truvia)/ Yogurt
Sea-Veggies Blk Pepper/Most snacks
Almond Flower/Flower

Still adding.....
Vegicarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargD
Stats: 134/126/119 (Orig. 180)
WOE: Pescatarian/LC/4:3
Start Date: May, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegicarb View Post
Google "Califlower Pizza" !! Try the think crust version and sub the cheeze with veggie-cheese + egg w/ eggwhite! SUPERGOOD!!!

Below is a good list of subs

Califlower/ Rice...Pizza dough
Tofu Shirataki/Noodles
Truvia/Sugar
Flaxmilk/Milk
Salad Spritzers/Salad Dressing
Egg White/Egg
Veggie Burger/Burger
Plain Greek Yogurt (w/truvia)/ Yogurt
Sea-Veggies Blk Pepper/Most snacks
Almond Flower/Flower

Still adding.....
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing.
MargD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Last week I made vegetarian lasagne with Yves ground crumbles and it was delicous!!
I served it with a salad.
I made my own sauce too. It turned out so good, I had 3 meals of it...it might should have made 4 servings though. lol

I've decided that I like the Yves ground better than any of the other ones I have tried, and I've tried a lot of them over the years. The best part is that I can get it at walmart. Yeah!!
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Thank u Lisa

And etc.
Looking for no meal recipes. Found some here.
I m not low carb per say.
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Food Lady
I don't know that it's high protein, but truly traditional french onion soup does not use beef stock, and it's deliriously good. You don't have to add any alcohol, but I like it with brandy. Top with mozzarella or provolone or if you have the funds, gruyere. I could make a meal out of it with a salad with bleu cheese and maybe a slice of garlic toast (15 grams).
Google: French Onion Soup Michael Ruhlman
Food Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for the suggestion.

I love French onion soup, but hardly ever make it.
Mostly I don't make it cuz I want that crusty bread with it.

Welcome to the forum.

I am on a veggie burger quest...going to try a series of recipes and see what happens. I won't post until I'm done.
Most of the time, I just buy boca or bean burgers.

Last edited by Nigel; 06-25-2014 at 10:42 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Food Lady View Post
I don't know that it's high protein, but truly traditional french onion soup does not use beef stock, and it's deliriously good. You don't have to add any alcohol, but I like it with brandy. Top with mozzarella or provolone or if you have the funds, gruyere. I could make a meal out of it with a salad with bleu cheese and maybe a slice of garlic toast (15 grams).
Google: French Onion Soup Michael Ruhlman
The recipe says to caramelize the onions for 4 hours, but I only did 2, and it was really good. Also, unless you have an heirloom crockpot (which run cooler than the new ones), you can't do it that way. I tried. The lowest setting is 140 fahrenheit, which is too high. It will burn the onions. It's best to do this while you do housework or peruse the interwebs or watch a movie. And then--delicious dinner!

Nigel, could you do some kind of low-carb bread or just put the cheese on the soup? It's too good to pass up.

Last edited by Food Lady; 06-25-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, probably. I haven't been cooking a lot lately, just the same ole same ole. I need to change up my routine a bit.

I go for soups more in the winter than the summer cuz where I live, it likes to get over 100 degrees a lot of the time.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

I grew up in the desert; I hear you. I'm now in Wisconsin. When I left work at 9:30 tonight it was very warm and humid, and now it's cooled off to 72, with a "real feel" of 69. That's typical. My mom is still in SoCal, and her unique location allows a cooling off at night oftentimes, too. Of course there (inland--Riverside), the house radiates stored heat all night. We don't get that here, so soup for dinner isn't unheard of in summer. And I have totally had french onion with no bread. In fact, serving a salad alongside sounds good. I'd use red leaf with bleu cheese dressing and walnuts on it. And of course I'd need a glass of wine.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I loved chicken tacos, so I do corn tortillas (9 net grams each) I fry in coconut oil, Quorn "chicken" filets (5 gm each) browned in my cast-iron skillet and chopped up, salsa (maybe 2 net carbs per tablespoon), cheese (usually cheddar, but queso quesadilla if I bother to get it), sour cream or greek yogurt, and lettuce. I will usually have 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegetarian refried beans with them. After that, I'm full. I can get away with dessert, too, most likely some kind of chocolate cinnamon concoction. I aim for up to 50 grams per meal, but sometimes it's only 30. If you don't want to do tortillas at all, make a taco salad with all the stuff. Yuuuuum.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Here's another Quorn "chicken" idea for the toaster oven: Preheat it to 400 F. Line the tray with foil and brush that liberally with olive oil. Lay the filets down and spoon mayo on them and spread all over their tops. Sprinkle liberally with parmesan and a little onion powder or minced onion. Bake them for around 20 mins. You don't need to defrost them first, but do temp the inside of one to make sure it hits 165 F. I like to serve one with steamed broccoli or some other veggie with sea salt and a slice of low-carb garlic toast or leftover pasta alfredo. If you keep your pasta to 1/4 cup, that's only 10 carbs. It's a great dinner with a glass of flavored seltzer in a wine glass. I find elegance makes me feel more satisfied with what I eat.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the quorn ideas. I actually do a similar chicken parmesan with mayo and canned parmesan cheese and it turns out good.

I like the chicken taco idea...I will have to do that. A lot of times I make what I call squash fajitas...just sauté strips of yellow squash, onion, and red bell peppers together and put in an lc tortilla with some refried beans. Not bad.