Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Shancopp
Stats: pregnant/fat again/thin again
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/09
Anyone have hypopituitaryism along w/ hypothyroid?

I started out as a Hashi/hypo person. Nodules (6) continued to grow despite meds and labs were usually decent except TSH was always near 0. I never did understand why it was low when I was HYPO. Dr said it flucuates w/ Hashis, which is true...but mine never went UP! When nodules became big enough (despite FNA saying no cancer), I had a TT and pathology DID find a small cancer in the largest nodule (which was able to be felt touching my neck). TSH jumped to 22 and then came down quickly as meds were increased after TT. FT4 was lower end of range and FT3 was higher end if not just over. Still felt like crap. Futher testing found my Growth Hormone (another pituitary hormone, along w/ TSH and others) was low. IGF1 was low at around 70, should be around 150 Dr said). Had an Insulin Tolerance Test and found I was way below range for growth hormone and after a struggle w/ insurance approval, am now on HGH shots daily. About 8 weeks into it, not a lot of symptom improvement and certainly no wt loss. I am on .3 Norditropin x7 days a week. MRI showed Empty Sella Syndrome and now FSH is above range w/ low estrogen and low progesterone also.... sigh.. Seems like when one hormone goes awry, they all do..........

Last edited by Shancopp; 06-07-2014 at 12:57 PM..
Shancopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links