Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Thyroid
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: millerk76
Stats: 190/
Lab results questions

Hello! Brand new here. Don't have a diagnosis yet but think I know one is near but wante to give you all some lab results and a little HX about me and see what you think. I was Dx'd with Fibromyalgia in August 2013, I knew I had it but never got a dx for it. I have extreme fatigue, pain in my lower extremities, extreme sensitivity to just someone touching me, muscle pain, consitpation, IBS, migraines, depression, anxiety....a whole gamut of things. But I noticed over the last year or so my TSH has steadily gone up. I'll post my lab results in this. WIthin the last 6 months my fatigue has gotten worse, my skin is dry, I feel extremely bloated, my depression has increased. I am not on ANY meds right now but I do take a magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement, CoQ10, Magnolia Bark and a prenatal vitamin-I am breastfeeding my 16 month old.

I am pretty sure I have hypothyroidism. I see my primary doc tomorrow and we will go over my last test results from Friday, 17 Jan.
Here are my results and dates done:

29 Jul 2011 Thyrotropin Sensitive SERUM 2.88 <i> mcIU/mL 0.3-4.5
22 Feb 2013 Thyrotropin Sensitive SERUM 3.24 <i> mcIU/mL 0.3-4.5
14 Aug 2013 Thyrotropin Sensitive SERUM 4.37 <i> mcIU/mL 0.3-4.5
17 Jan 2014 Thyrotropin Sensitive SERUM 5.27 <i> mcIU/mL 0.3-4.5
17 Jan 2014 Thyroxine Free SERUM 1.2 <i> ng/dL 0.9-1.7

What are ya'lls thought? Thanks for listening/reading! I am wondering what to do and where I should go from here.
millerk76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: millerk76
Stats: 190/
I also have increased PVC's. I was diagnosed with them during pregnancy but was told they should go away, well they have in fact gotten worse. My Echo was fine so nothing structurally wrong with my heart.
I just want to feel better. Right now, it's only 3 pm and I am literally falling asleep at my desk and freezing when the heat is on. My head and thoughts feel fuzzy and it's hard to concentrate.
millerk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babajer
WOE: WW/EFGT
Start Date: LC 6/03; WW 2/06, Lifetime 10/06
MillerK76 your symptoms sound a lot like mine, although I am a lot older than you and my TSH stays in range . The endo dr. says no meds til the labs start to rise but I do have Hashi's. You did not say if you are GF. If not , try it. I am into my 2nd week and I feel miraculous! Endo suggested this. I also added apple cider vinegar, DE, and more magnesium on my own but I don't know what that would do for your breast milk. I can actually say I feel euphoric.....for the first time in many years.

Start WW 2/1/06 196

At goal 8/06 170

Lifetime 10/11/06 169
(sustaining member)

WW Lifetime 7/07 163.8
babajer is offline   Reply With Quote