LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/184/167
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
Going for another ultrasound

I went to the endo last week and she said it feels like my nodules are bigger than last time, so I have to schedule another ultrasound. I had one 2 years ago and someone messed up and wrote that my nodules were 4 times the size they used to be...but then they said it was an error...
So who knows...

I just don't want to have to get them biopsied. My neck doesn't like big needles coming towards it!
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I'm the opposite. I was glad when one of my nodules was large enough to be biopsied because the lab report relieved my concern about malignancy.

That was 5 years ago, and my endo orders an annual ultrasound because any growth would indicate a problem (nodules can become cancerous at any time), and we'd do another FNA.

Statistics indicate that about 85% of thyroid nodules remain benign, but if I am in that 15%, I'd want to know ASAP.

The FNA is nothing at all to be concerned about--just a little discomfort but not any actual pain.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
I was in the 15% and had a thyroidectomy in February. So I'm here to tell you...go for a biopsy! My nurse was so sweet - she held my hand and talked to me thru the whole thing. I guess she could tell I was a wee bit scared.

But I understand, I'm praying I never get cataracts - I woudn't want to see a needle coming at my eyeball!
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
kj-

I've had cataract surgery on both eyes--with general anesthesia! There's no way I could have handled the surgery with local because I have problems with just my regular eye exams.

I actually try to avoid general anesthesia generally--but it was essential for the cataract surgery for me.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Try not to stress about a biopsy if you need to have one. I was worried about mine when I had it done in October but it really was a piece of cake. They injected the area with some numbing stuff and that probably hurt the worst, and even that wasn't real bad. I never felt any of the needle sticks during the biopsy. The only thing I could feel was a little bit of pressure when the doctor moved the needle up and down.

The nurse said I should expect a fair amount of bruising from it because I'm very fair skinned but it didn't really bruise much at all.
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
kj-

I've had cataract surgery on both eyes--with general anesthesia! There's no way I could have handled the surgery with local because I have problems with just my regular eye exams.
yep, that's the way I'd have to go to get it done!
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote