LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaM
Stats: 188/170/140 5'1
WOE: lower carb watch calories
Start Date: 01/14/2014
temp, coconut milk thyroid

Hi I am wondering about something. I don't know my tsh numbers. I have been taking my temperature in the morning. I run 97.5 to 97.7. That said I keep my air conditioning on low 75. And wonder if that could be why. Live in Florida and like to keep it cool. I know they say take temperature in the mornings which I do. I use a basal thermometer and have taken it my mouth and under the arm and get these same kind of numbers. Has anyone tried using a thermometer for checking thyroid. I have had blood tests in the past the t3 t4 and been in normal range. I was reading that drinking coconut milk raises the body temperature and wonder if that is true.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I don't think the external temp has anything to do with it. I keep my bedroom at 59 because I have read and agree that sleep is better when your body is warm but your head is cold.

are you concerned about your body temp because you feel bad when it's low? that would be a normal range for me, even fully medicated on T3
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
My temp runs around 97-97.2 1/2 the month and about 98.1/98.3 the rest of the month...that's with medication. It's all hormonal. Some people have lower temperatures. I'm not sure about coconut milk raising temps.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaM
Stats: 188/170/140 5'1
WOE: lower carb watch calories
Start Date: 01/14/2014
I read that lower than normal temperature can signal low thyroid. So thought I would check it out. I have wondered if I have hypothyroid doctors don't think so. My doctor has said any doctor who would treat me with medication would be nuts. Its hard to know if what I am feeling is from getting older or something like hypothyroid. My t-3 tends to be towards the low end of the reference range. And my t-4 is on the high end. And I mean high and low as the numbers. I don't know which end if any would be hyper or hypo. One T4 my number was 5.5 and the normal high end limit range on that test was 4.5. But then other labs have different numbers they use. One lab 12.0 high number limit for t4 and mine was 8.5 so not over that limit. And on the t3 its been just barely out of range on a test like .9 to 5.0 was normal and mine was .8 Then the next time I will be back into the range barely. I just have wondered about it. Tiredness, insomnia, thinning hair. Thanks for the replies.
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Whatever lab is used, there's a low end and high end of each range. I feel better when my FT3 is around 3/4 up the range and my FT4 is around mid-range or just a little bit lower. FT3 is our energy so we (I) don't want it below mid-range.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote