Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Thyroid
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Boo78
Possibly parathyroid disease

So I'm a little scared. My blood calcium level is 10.6. So far what I've read on the Internet it looks like parathyroid disease but I'm not sure. I just tested again on calcium and the parathyroid but I won't know anything till next week and I'm going out of town tomorrow and I know I won't be able to enjoy myself like I should worrying about this. So I have all the symptoms like painful joints, unable to focus, tired, dizzy, tingling legs and feet and easily set off. But what worries me is that a year ago it was discovered I have an enlarged pituitary gland that I haven't followed up on and I've read something about that. Also I am a smoker so does anyone know if I would feel like this if its cancer. I've had issues with my neck for awhile. It was swollen a couple of years ago to where it gelt like a golf ball in the back. Now it feels tight in the front. Could it be throat cancer? Sorry so long I'm just scared.
Boo78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
calm down, please. there are lots of things that can cause the high calcium level and other symptoms. reading this stuff online can lead to undue worry. just wait and see what they figure out. \

even if it is the parathyroid, the treatment for the problem is not all that terrible.

when my calcium level was up like that it turned out to be completely unrelated stuff, including a reaction to Lantus insulin.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catkan
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo78 View Post
So I'm a little scared. My blood calcium level is 10.6. So far what I've read on the Internet it looks like parathyroid disease but I'm not sure. I just tested again on calcium and the parathyroid but I won't know anything till next week and I'm going out of town tomorrow and I know I won't be able to enjoy myself like I should worrying about this. So I have all the symptoms like painful joints, unable to focus, tired, dizzy, tingling legs and feet and easily set off. But what worries me is that a year ago it was discovered I have an enlarged pituitary gland that I haven't followed up on and I've read something about that. Also I am a smoker so does anyone know if I would feel like this if its cancer. I've had issues with my neck for awhile. It was swollen a couple of years ago to where it gelt like a golf ball in the back. Now it feels tight in the front. Could it be throat cancer? Sorry so long I'm just scared.
I see this is your first post.

Can you give us some medical history?

Like the Ranvenrose said, calm down. Dont' jump to conclusions and enjoy your time out of town.

If you didn't follow up on your enlarged pituitary gland for a year, I think a little out of town trip shouldn't shake you up too much!
catkan is offline   Reply With Quote