Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Thyroid
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2aCrew02
WOE: I eat Paleo & love it!
Good Thyroid Doctor Baltimore/DC area that prescribe Armour??

Hello everyone. I am new to the group, but not new to Thyroid disease. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis 8yrs ago @ the age of 21. I have struggled with all the symptoms, fluctuating between both Hypo & Hyper. I have been to countless doctors who only treat my TSH and don't care about running any other tests. We just recently moved to the Baltimore/DC area and now that we live in a large city I am hoping to find a doctor/naturopath who will treat my symptoms VS. my TSH #. I sincerely feel that my condition is ruining my life as I am certain most of you are or have been in a similar situation. Thank you so much in advance. I am very glad to have stubbled upon this group.

*Forgot to mention that I have been on Levo for the past 8yrs and am currently taking 150mcg 5x a week. I am a very small girl, so 150mcg seems like a huge dose for my weight, which I worry about. Thanks, again!
Mom2aCrew02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: poe2you
Well.. i live in Baltimore and you would think with Johns Hopkins hospital in my area there would be "one" doctor that gets thyroid treatment.. Nope!! in 15 yrs of searching I have not come across one doctor that know how to treat with thyroid.. they either will not prescrib Armour or if they do.. they do not know how and what dose nor how to treat other symptoms that come along with getting optimized.... its have been really frustrating to say the least..

I wish i would have someone that i would know.. but its been a long journey for me to find the right doctor ...
poe2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aCrew02 View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to the group, but not new to Thyroid disease. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis 8yrs ago @ the age of 21. I have struggled with all the symptoms, fluctuating between both Hypo & Hyper. I have been to countless doctors who only treat my TSH and don't care about running any other tests. We just recently moved to the Baltimore/DC area and now that we live in a large city I am hoping to find a doctor/naturopath who will treat my symptoms VS. my TSH #. I sincerely feel that my condition is ruining my life as I am certain most of you are or have been in a similar situation. Thank you so much in advance. I am very glad to have stubbled upon this group.

*Forgot to mention that I have been on Levo for the past 8yrs and am currently taking 150mcg 5x a week. I am a very small girl, so 150mcg seems like a huge dose for my weight, which I worry about. Thanks, again!
that is a huge dose.
why wont docs use T3! stupid.
Have you tried contacting compounding pharmacies in ALL areas you are willing to dr to? Compare notes with other pharms
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote