Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Thyroid
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattie jo
can someone help me?

my tsh level is 1.31, and i felt better when it was 3. does this mean i am getting too much armour now?

please don't tell me that i need the t3 and t4 levels because i just want to know this question.

thank you.
mattie jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Your question can't be answered without the range that goes along with the 1.31 result. Labs use different ranges, there isn't just One. You Do need results for the FT4 and FT3 to see where you fall for each one. TSH is Not the test to be looking at. Many of us feel better under 1.0. Everyone's different.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:02 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattie jo
oh, okay, i didn't understand your question at first. ranges are .34 to 4.82. so to me being 1.31 is still a little high. i felt better at a higher range of 2.50 or so, but i can't find my old test. i was sleeping then without sleeping pills and had energy all day. since i have been on a diet of no grains and no sugar, not even artificial or stevia, i have been needing less and less thyroid med. this will be the 4th time i have cut it down. which finally the nurse said to do since i want my tsh to read in a higher level of 2.50 or so. this will put me at 17 mg. of westhroid. so i think i found the answer when i found my test results. thanks so much.
mattie jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Just curious, have you ever had Free T4 and Free T3 run at the same time to see what they are?
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote