Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Thyroid
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Augirl
Thyroid Doctor in CT

Hi!
Looking for a thyroid doctor for a cousin in the CT area. Preferably one that will take insurance. She has gotten some really lame advice--"Your thyroid is low, but not low enough to medicate," etc.--and is suffering systemic damage now. Really want to give her some names of doctors that "get it." You all literally saved my life on this board; I would love to help her.

Lisa
Augirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: backspace1
Stats: 144 /164 /140 - 5' 6"
WOE: LC / Counting Calories
Start Date: Restart March 2014
Will depend where in CT your cousin lives. I live in northern CT on the Mass line so I use Dr.Darren Lynch in Northampton MA. The office, Northampton Wellness Associates, LLC. | Innovative Medical Care | Home is right off of the highway, Rt 91

Hope this helps.
backspace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lokarbiebarbie
Stats: 185/120/125
WOE: Atkins 1972
Start Date: December 2008
backspace1, I also know someone near where your doctor is located. But...before I tell her (she's been to TWELVE doctors so far, and not a ONE would Rx anything except synthetics. She was taking Armour a few years back and then moved to CT...and that was the end of her feeling well (and the start of her seeing doctors who ONLY did synthetics and wouldn't do Free T3 and Free T4 testing).

So...this group does FT's and rx's natural thyroid? Or not? Thanks much in advance.
Lokarbiebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: backspace1
Stats: 144 /164 /140 - 5' 6"
WOE: LC / Counting Calories
Start Date: Restart March 2014
Yes, they prescribe Armour.

Like all practices, many patients are now being seen by a Nurse Practitioner. I had to wait a bit longer to be able to become a patient of the doctor I chose. To me it was worth the wait.

My family physician is beside himself when he sees my thyroid numbers. Dr Lynch has offered to call him and discuss, but my doc hasn't taken him up on the offer.
backspace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lokarbiebarbie
Stats: 185/120/125
WOE: Atkins 1972
Start Date: December 2008
Thank you so much backspace1....yeah...I was originally seen (15 yrs. ago) by a thyroid doctor (an endo....but he specializes in thyroid and hormone) and to this very day..if I tell a 'new' family doctor that's who originally saw me, I get NO questions...they just write the Rx. Last year I had cause to go to a doctor I hadn't seen and he took a blood panel and flipped out over my TSH...when I pointed out that you don't use TSH to dose incoming hormone, he was fascinated by my knowledge...and is now Rx'ing Armour to those patients he has that would benefit from it.

We all have to get out there, make sure we 'know our stuff' about thyroid and research...and stand strong.
Lokarbiebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote