Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Thyroid
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TN1969
Unimaginative thread title

Hi, my name is Teresa, and I am new to the forum.
Happened to find a thyroid area.
Who knew? Well, besides all of you.

In 2010 I was diagnosed with papillary carcinoma with metastasis to the lymph nodes.
At the time I was low carbing and stuck at 136.8 trying to reach 120 and deciding from there if I wanted to maintain or continue to try and lose.
Oh to be stuck at 136.8 and frustrated again!

I am kept hyperthyroid for cancer suppression, my TSH is undetectable. I take .2mg of synthroid daily and 5mcg of cytomel each morning, the cytomel being a new addition to perhaps ease, ease, life? Help me to regain some of my energy, find some normalcy again, maybe.
I had my thyroid and some lymph nodes removed Dec 2010.
During surgery two of my parathyroids were also removed, and the other two are damaged enough that my parathyroid level is only 3. Or the remaining two may have been damaged by the 146 microcurries of radio active iodine, who knows, end result is the same no matter the cause, I am hypocalcemic.
Well, I certainly sound like a basket case!

I am now stuck at 150 lbs, still not as heavy as I was when I originally started low carbing more than a decade ago, and gosh darn lucky to have only gained 14 lbs. Post surgery I went almost three months without thyroid medication, I wont even try to tell you what that was like. Its commonly referred to as hypohell in thyroid forums.

So, thats my not so short introduction.
I have been reading about fat bombs, wow!
I cant wait to make some and play with all the wonderful variations, I have been scribbling notes like crazy.
TN1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links