Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Thyroid
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tcayuela
Lab Results....Updated with Iron/Ferritin...Please Help!

Hi Everyone,

I have recently taken some more blood tests to prepare for my appointment with my endo and to figure out my issues. Thanks to all of you, I feel as though I'm finally putting the pieces to my puzzle together, however, I'm still learning what all these tests actually mean. I also order the saliva test for adrenals which I'll do this weekend and send in.

I was diagnosed hypo in 2010 and started with Levo then switched to Armour about 2 years ago. Armour has made me feel better, but that is usually short lived because I usually tank and start with symptoms again as well as gain/or struggle with losing weight. I don't think I've ever been optimized. My Free T3 has always remained low even when I increase in Armour. So here are my results:

TSH: .08 (.4-4.5)
Free T4: 1.2 (0.8-1.8 ng/dL)
Free T3: 2.6 (2.3-4.2 pg/mL)
Reverse T3: 31 (11-32 ng/dL)

Iron:
Total Iron: 139 (40-175 mcg/dL)
Iron Binding Capacity: 370 (250-450 mcg/dL)
% Saturation: 38 (15-50 %)

Ferritin: 19 (10-232)

Vitamin D: 50 (30-100ng)

I currently take 2 grains of Armour which was increased from 1 1/2 grains about 4 weeks ago.

Please help me understand this. I know Iron/Ferritin and Reverse T3 have something to do with this, but I still don't quite understand all of that. As always, I really appreciate your thoughts and guidance as to where I should be going and what I should be doing.

Thanks so much!
Tammy
tcayuela is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links