LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaPeel
Stats: 151/137/130
WOE: newbie trying low carbs/Taubes
Start Date: 24 Dec 2012
Adrenal support question

I've been wondering about adrenal support. I take vitamins, of course, but a lot of so called "adrenal supplements" are really just expensive vitamins, or so it seems to me. Any experiences here with trying different kinds of adrenal formulas, and if so, can you reduce you thyroid meds accordingly? With doctor approval of course.
Thanks in advance!
Emma
EmmaPeel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I tried some adrenal support supplements (recommended by my thyroid doctor), but I didn't notice real improvement. What has seemed to help is ensuring I get adequate sleep and rest and enough nourishing food.

Neither the supplements or the rest/food resulted in a change in my thyroid meds.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I tried some adrenal support supplements (recommended by my thyroid doctor), but I didn't notice real improvement. What has seemed to help is ensuring I get adequate sleep and rest and enough nourishing food.

Neither the supplements or the rest/food resulted in a change in my thyroid meds.
Thank you!
Emma
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: BarbaraNJ
Stats: Hypothyroid 211/203/170
WOE: Low Carb
I tried an adrenal support supplement for 3 months. It made me feel better but it also raised my blood pressure ( contained ginseng). It did not impact my thyroid bloodwork at all but because it raised my BP, I stopped taking it. I am on 125mcg of Synthroid. I also take a thyroid supplement that does affect my thyroid numbers but not too much so I still take it.
BarbaraNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks--I have very low BP so that would not be a problem (i don't think). I'm on 100 mcg levothyroxine and have just been dropped to 10 mcg T3 liothyronine, fir illogical reasons. my FT3 and FT4 were both fine, lower midrange, and I felt ok, but the TSH was low, so he took me OFF for tem days ( nearly died) and now get to go back to the lower dose. So when I asked the doc about adrenal supplements, he said---stunningly---"supplements don't make a difference.". What??!
So, I'm going to try one with actual adrenal in it, and see.... Wish me luck. Thank you for your reply,
Emma