Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Thyroid
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Gallery: kaybaby
Switched from Synthroid to Nature-Throid 1 week today. Suggestions on my dose?

Hi everyone,

My name is Vonda. I have been on Synthroid for 15 years. (Graves Disease - RAI). I was fortunate to finally find a physician in town that prescribes dessicated thyroid. He is very knowledgeable in integrative medicine. My labs right before my switch to Nature-Throid.


TSH 0.04 L (0.40-4.50)
T4, Free 2.0 H (0.8-1.8)
T3, Free 2.9 (2.3-4.2)
T3, Reverse 36 H (11-32)
TPA <10 (<35)


Ferritin 20 (10-232)
Vitamin D 73 (30-100)

I was on Synthroid 200MCG. My doctor prescribed 130 mg Nature-Throid (2 grains). I have been on this dose a week today. I had 2 days of palpitations, but those have gone away. He wants to check my blood work in 5 weeks. No increase until he sees the results.

I was curious if this seems right to you all. This is so new to me that I don't know if waiting 5 more weeks to have my blood drawn could possibly put me in hypo. Prior to the 200mcg of Synthroid I was on 175mcg and I had a TSH of 20. The endo I was seeing at the time only tests and treats off of the TSH.

What are your thoughts? I feel ok, not great. I'm not having hyper or hypo symptoms which is great.

I am also on compounded oral progesterone (which I am reading is a poor delivery of progesterone). I had very high estrogen and very low progesterone. I'm also on adrenal support. I was tested with the 24 hour saliva test.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Vonda
kaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 317
Gallery: Lokarbiebarbie
Stats: 185/120/125
WOE: Atkins 1972
Start Date: December 2008
It sounds like your doctor is moving in the right direction. Most doctors wait five to six weeks after a switch or increase to run tests (FT4, FT3) again.
Lokarbiebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.