LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Very frustrated with Dr!

My Old endo Dr who I Adored moved away a yr ago and around here where we live it's Very hard to find a new one! So this yr i've been using a regular GP dr for my thyroid and Fibro. I've had Hypothyroid for 10 yrs now so I Know when I feel like my levels are off! I've rarely been wrong about it. Not saying i'm an expert lol just know how I Feel. I was on 150 mg of armour a day then almost 3 months ago I felt cruddy. Hair coming out in handfuls, hot. Exhausted and jittery etc. Went to see Dr and my levels were hyper (for Me anyway)so he lowered my dosage to 120 a day. Now I feel cruddy again! Freezing when everyone else is fine, skin incredibly dry, hair still falling out though not as bad, exhausted. So I went Back to my Dr and they called me yesterday and my TSH is 2.58 which is not normal for Me. I usually feel best when i'm around 1.3-1.5. He didn't do any free T3 or T4 etc.. Just TSH! Ugh! He won't change my meds because he considers me "Normal" i'm so frustrated because I can't lose weight! Plus all the other problems! Guess I just needed to vent!

"Normal" BMI 8/30/13!
45 Lbs Lost! 10/07/12
50 Lbs Lost 10/23/12!
55 lbs lost 1/24/13!
60 Lbs Gone 6/20/13
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
It doesn't help much to vent to us--you need to find yourself a good thyroid doctor, difficult though that may be.

Your thyroid hormones control many bodily functions, and once you're diagnosed as hypo and taking supplemental hormones, you need to be monitored. My dosage was stable for over 5 years, but I've needed major adjustments many times in the past 3 years.

Taking supplemental hormones naturally suppresses the TSH, so while your number might be fine for someone with a healthy thyroid, most endos like to see a hypothyroid patient at around 1.0. If I get close to 2.0, it's a sign that my Rx needs to be adjusted.

All thyroid hormones are Rx, which is why you need to find a doctor who can prescribe for you.

Many of us drive a significant distance for a good thyroid doctor.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
You can always get your own labs done via healthcheckusa online. They're running a sale this month. At least you'd know what your FT's then. Thyroid Panel II.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote