LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 03:36 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fr. Michael
Stats: 286/219/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2010
I made a stupid mistake

As I said before, I have been taking Armor Thyroid for a long time. It has become impossible to find in Tyler, but a doctor friend of mine found it for me at a pharmacy about 45 miles from here. It is very inconvenient, but I have been filling my script there. When I went to make my pre-Advent retreat in November I ran out. I was at a monastery in rural Minnesota, and no Armor Thyroid was available. After I returned home, it took me two weeks to get my script re-filled, and I have paid for it. I gained ten pounds, and since it takes about three weeks to build up a blood volume, this is disastrous. Don't ever do that.

I'm going to look into using a Canadian pharmacy and having it shipped to me, as Pam suggested. Could someone PM me the name of a pharmacy that you have used, to give me a starting place?
Fr. Michael is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
at stop the thyroid madness.com they have a list of pharmacies you can chose from.

also this group has listings that might be of help.

Texas_Thyroid_Groups : Support for Texans with Thyroid Disease
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theothertwin41
Fr. Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr. Michael View Post
As I said before, I have been taking Armor Thyroid for a long time. It has become impossible to find in Tyler, but a doctor friend of mine found it for me at a pharmacy about 45 miles from here. It is very inconvenient, but I have been filling my script there. When I went to make my pre-Advent retreat in November I ran out. I was at a monastery in rural Minnesota, and no Armor Thyroid was available. After I returned home, it took me two weeks to get my script re-filled, and I have paid for it. I gained ten pounds, and since it takes about three weeks to build up a blood volume, this is disastrous. Don't ever do that.

I'm going to look into using a Canadian pharmacy and having it shipped to me, as Pam suggested. Could someone PM me the name of a pharmacy that you have used, to give me a starting place?
Hi . i live in Houston,tx and there is a pharmacy in tomball that will change fillers for you. OR there is richies in montgomery county .
theothertwin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fr. Michael
Stats: 286/219/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2010
Thanks, ya'll.
Fr. Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
Thyroid Patient Advocate

Gallery: nonstickpam107
Well, I tried it compounded and it didn't 'walk the dog' for me. As a matter of fact, I became quite ill over the three months. When I had it tested at a lab (that cost me some bucks!) it had NO discernible level of T3 in it. ????

Please join the group that inatic has given the link to. And I get mine (with an RX) from cross border (put that together) pharm.

Pam
nonstickpam107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #6

Gallery: emily1965
Stats: 320/179
WOE: VSG 5/10/11 plus healthy choices
We are getting plenty of Armour in the pharmacies here again. Have been for several months.

During the height of the shortage, I went the compounded route and I crashed and burned. My doc said that most of his patients that went compunded then crashed and burned. Thank God that was about the time Armour became available again. After the crash and burn, he had to eventually add T3 in order for me to feel right again. I had been converting prior to the compounded fiasco.

I would absolutely go Canadian over compounded after my experience.
emily1965 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:11 AM   #7
Thyroid Patient Advocate

Gallery: nonstickpam107
Yes, our pharmacies have LOTS and LOTS of that nasty, filled with methylcellulose binder new reformulated Armour here also.

Pam
nonstickpam107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #8

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr. Michael View Post

bump for a dr recommendation in Tyler/longview area
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote