LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/158/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Seeking support on daily nutrition

I canít remember ever feeling this hopeless and physically crappy without a cause. I am questioning everything today and trying to just get myself to function. I have never felt this kind of horrible fatigue. I switched my diet recently and upped my carb levels by adding more veggies and some fruit and lowered my calories to 1500-1700. I lost 4 lbs. this week, which is unusual for me. It actually freaked me out a bit.

Iím still on 60 mg. of Armour daily. I am on Progesterone 100 nightly but am cycling off of it for 10 days a month. I know this is not working well for me but have been waiting for the Dr. to address this. Iím due to start it again on Monday but the Compound Pharmacy has not shipped it. I did skip my B12 shot last week. My levels are so high that I didnít think anything about it. Hubby just gave me a shot this morning. I never miss my daily D3 5,000 mg dose and have been taking all of my other supplements. I have my usual 3 cups of coffee and at least a gallon of water a day. After feeling this way all week I called my Dr yesterday and told her something is terribly wrong. I have an appointment to see her on Monday.

My mind keeps telling me that this diet has made me sick. A good friend told me this week that she thought I was making myself sick with dieting. I have lost weight at about 7 lbs. per month since April, so it has not been quick weight loss. In Sept. I actually only lost 2.0 lbs. Logically, I canít think of anything that I am eating that would not be healthy. I buy mostly organic and read all labels carefully to avoid gluten and all sugars. I have toyed with the carbs but have never gone below 1500 Calories. I am having a freak out sort of week and really just needed to vent and ask for support and reassurance that this to shall pass.

It has been a full moon this week and work stress is past bearing and looks like it will get worse. Itís not about losing weight but trying to figure this out. I would like some feedback on my usual daily foods if anyone is around this weekend and willing to take a look at it. Thank you in advance.

3 Slices of Bacon
1 Egg
2 Cups Dark Spring Mix ( I pick the spinach out)
1 Cup shrimp sautťed in Sesame Oil
3 Tlbs Salad Dressing
1 Tbls. Almond Butter
1 Cup Raspberries
8 oz. No Sugar Almond Milk
1 tsp. Coconut Oil
2 cups Asparagus
1 tsp. Butter
5-7 oz. of Chicken or steak
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
You sound like you need a diet break to help reset your hormonal balance. Try eating at maintenance calories and carbs-this makes me feel better-dieting puts your body under stress and if you have been dieting for months like you say it can have adverse effects. Also you posted your Vitamin D was low-5000 IUs is a recommended dosage for people who aren't deficient-this prolly isn't enough to bring your levels up. I would ask your doc for a recheck of your D levels to see if has tanked and about a bigger dosage and/or a scrip.

The Full Diet Break | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Am I Vitamin D Deficient?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Dharma
Stats: 180/169/145
WOE: NO grains/starches/sugar
Start Date: January 6, 2011
How long have you been on 60 mg of Armour? Most people say that's not enough.

I'm actually not able to raise mine above 90 mg (1.5 grains). Every time I try I get horrible depression.

Hope things pick up for you soon!!
Dharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/158/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Thanks for responding guys. Great article, Lisa and it probably is time for me to take a break. I don't see me diving into a pizza ever again but a sweet potato for supper is sounding pretty good.

I've been on this dose of Armour since July. Hopefully, I will figure out soon if I need to up my dose.
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lkelley36
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
You sound like you need a diet break to help reset your hormonal balance. Try eating at maintenance calories and carbs-this makes me feel better-dieting puts your body under stress and if you have been dieting for months like you say it can have adverse effects. Also you posted your Vitamin D was low-5000 IUs is a recommended dosage for people who aren't deficient-this prolly isn't enough to bring your levels up. I would ask your doc for a recheck of your D levels to see if has tanked and about a bigger dosage and/or a scrip.

The Full Diet Break | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Am I Vitamin D Deficient?
Just a thought about the Vitamin D. I was taking 2000 to 4000 IU when I had mine checked a few months ago. My D was 106 when they took it. A couple of months later after going to 2000 IU my Calcium was a little high. Doc said it took a couple of months to get your D down. Some people just absorb it more than others. Not taking it for now and hopefully my calcium will go back to normal. Just be sure to have it checked before going on a high dosage regemin.

ls
lkelley36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin57 View Post
Thanks for responding guys. Great article, Lisa and it probably is time for me to take a break. I don't see me diving into a pizza ever again but a sweet potato for supper is sounding pretty good.

I've been on this dose of Armour since July. Hopefully, I will figure out soon if I need to up my dose.
diet break doesnt mean free for all. .
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote