LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Beezer Louisiana
Stats: 192.2/160/160 (5'6")
WOE: Very low carb, no frankenfoods. NK
Start Date: June 21, 2010
SMALL UPDATE: (sort of)

It's been several weeks since Dr. Gruner switched me from my compounded Armour to regular Armour (same dosage) at my request.

No change.

I still can't lose weight, in fact, I'm gaining a little. (I track my food in ******.com and have started cycling calories in an attempt to lose weight.)

I called Dr. Gruner's office to request copies of all of my lab work that was done and I also said, 'I'm not feeling any better.' and the nurse asked me if I wanted to make an appt. I said, "No, what I'd really like is if Dr. Gruner could call and get my endo. appt. moved up from the end of Sept.' The nurse said she'd talk to her and let me know.

I'm not very hopeful though because I know that Gruner thinks my weight gain/fatigue/memory problems are all due to depression. (Lady, I'm not fat because I'm depressed. I'm depressed because I'm fat . . . and tired and have no libido and I can't remember a gosh-darn thing.) Gruner tried to warn me off of going to Dr. Bhushan, so I doubt she'll call his office to get my appt. moved up.

But, I'll pray about it anyway. (Praying!)

"The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending that I'm not excited."

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 08-20-2010 at 07:35 AM..
Beezer Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #152
Thyroid Patient Advocate

Gallery: nonstickpam107
Several weeks? Time for FT4, FT3 then?

Pam
nonstickpam107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 View Post
Several weeks? Time for FT4, FT3 then?

Pam
Drats! She called while I was outside putting down sod. (I'm redoing the front yard -- making part of the ginormous flowerbed smaller.) I didn't get the message until after 5 p.m.

Now I have to wait until Monday.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She's going to run another thyroid test. (I didn't even bother to ask if she was checking Free T3/T4 because . . . it just doesn't matter.) I'm not holding out any hope that the results, no matter what they are, will compel her to change my meds. At this point, I feel like even if I got a 5 on my TSH she'd tell me I was in the range so it can't be my thyroid, therefore it must be depression.

I was looking up the symptoms of depression vs. hypothyroid, they are the same.

She wrote me an Rx for Wellbutrin. At this point, I want it. I need it. I need something to make me feel better, if that's possible.

I can't make it another five weeks without something. Right now I really, truly am depressed. Full blown, the whole works depressed. I want to dig a hole and hide in it until I'm well.

I can't concentrate or get my work done. I sat with the Latin book open today with my two boys looking at me, then I shut it. I just couldn't concentrate, couldn't understand the instructions. I. can't. think. I just want to curl up. Everything aches and I feel so tired.

Maybe I am depressed.

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 08-23-2010 at 02:48 PM..
Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #155
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
what happens when you eat carbs.. They add seratonin. im not talking bread and junk but a potato?

You really need another dr! can you do that?
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
what happens when you eat carbs.. They add seratonin. im not talking bread and junk but a potato?

You really need another dr! can you do that?
She's just going to be my regular dr that I go to when I have a cold or a bladder infection.

I'm just using her for thyroid until I can get established with Dr. Bhushan at the end of Sept.

Then I'll never use her for thyroid stuff again.

So what's the deal with eating carbs, it makes people more depressed? Or am I more depressed now because I"m NOT eating them?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mimers
Stats: 160/139/130
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: October 2010
Donna, If you stick with this same doctor, you will get the same results. Can't you find another doctor, nurse practitioner, naturopath/homeopath, DO, family doctor that will help you ??? It takes persistence to find someone, so don't give up!

ETA...got a phone call when I started this and now see that you are going to a doc in September! Yippeee...i'm doing a happy dance for you. That's just around the corner! :-)

Last edited by mimers; 08-23-2010 at 03:13 PM..
mimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:03 AM   #158

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Strict lc and restricting calories actually made me feel worse and I actually gained weight. I thrive on a higher carb level and no less than 1600 cals a day. Pam has posted the info from the Broda Barnes research about some hypo peeps needing at least 30 carbs a day and 1500 cals.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
Strict lc and restricting calories actually made me feel worse and I actually gained weight. I thrive on a higher carb level and no less than 1600 cals a day. Pam has posted the info from the Broda Barnes research about some hypo peeps needing at least 30 carbs a day and 1500 cals.
Somehow I had missed this and didn't know about it until you mentioned it on another LC forum. I've raised my calories and carbs with vegetables and a few strawberries after finding that thread.

THANKS!

Well, I'm back from getting my TSH/Free T4 bloodwork (I peeked at the order) and my face was starting to tingle (it does that when my meds aren't right) so I'm hoping the bloodwork will show SOMETHING.

If anything, at least I'll have the past three month's worth of TSH tests to show the endocrinologist in Sept. (But I'm hoping he'll want Free T3 and all that. I'd even like to get my cortisol checked.)
Old 08-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I now have a copy of my bloodwork from the end of July when I asked her to do Free T3 and Free T4. I now see that she didn't even do the Free T3. (So glad I'm on the books to meet with the endo. at the end of Sept!!! It can't get here fast enough.)

Is any of this meaningful?

Free T4 1.15 (0.80-1.80)
TSH 2.65 (0.45-5.50)
Ferritin 51 (10-291)
B12 734 (250-1100)

Alkaline Phosphatase 31 (LOW) (Range: 42-121)

She didn't mention this last thing to me. I Googled it and found this:

A decreased serum alkaline phosphatase may be due to:

* Zinc deficiency.
* Hypothyroidism.
* Vitamin C deficiency/Scurvy.
* Folic acid deficiency.
* Excess Vitamin D intake.
* Low phosphorus levels (hypophosphatasia)
* Celiac disease.
* Malnutrition with low protein assimilation (including low stomach acid production/hypochlorhydria).
* Insufficient Parathyroid gland function.
* Pernicious anemia
* Vitamin B6 insufficiency

I just had bloodwork done again this morning (probably just TSH and T4 again) and I'm eager to compare the results when I get them.

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 08-24-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Old 08-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maile
Stats: 170/166.5/140 5'7"
WOE: PPLP and IF
Start Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer Louisiana View Post
I now have a copy of my bloodwork from the end of July when I asked her to do Free T3 and Free T4. I now see that she didn't even do the Free T3. (So glad I'm on the books to meet with the endo. at the end of Sept!!! It can't get here fast enough.)

Is any of this meaningful?

Free T4 1.15 (0.80-1.80)
TSH 2.65 (0.45-5.50)
Ferritin 51 (10-291)
B12 734 (250-1100)

Alkaline Phosphatase 31 (LOW) (Range: 42-121)

She didn't mention this last thing to me. I Googled it and found this:

A decreased serum alkaline phosphatase may be due to:

* Zinc deficiency.
* Hypothyroidism.
* Vitamin C deficiency/Scurvy.
* Folic acid deficiency.
* Excess Vitamin D intake.
* Low phosphorus levels (hypophosphatasia)
* Celiac disease.
* Malnutrition with low protein assimilation (including low stomach acid production/hypochlorhydria).
* Insufficient Parathyroid gland function.
* Pernicious anemia
* Vitamin B6 insufficiency

I just had bloodwork done again this morning (probably just TSH and T4 again) and I'm eager to compare the results when I get them.

Hopefully this time there is a FT3...but what I do see is fairly low Ferritin, up around 70 is best, you need the iron/ferritin to be able to convert from T4 to T3
TSH is high, most of us feel best with a TSH at 1 or under 1 and your FT4 is a bit low, about 35% of the range, you have room to move that up...the thing will be to see if you are converting any of that T4 into T3.
maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maile View Post
Hopefully this time there is a FT3...but what I do see is fairly low Ferritin, up around 70 is best, you need the iron/ferritin to be able to convert from T4 to T3
TSH is high, most of us feel best with a TSH at 1 or under 1 and your FT4 is a bit low, about 35% of the range, you have room to move that up...the thing will be to see if you are converting any of that T4 into T3.
Thanks!

I doubt this test today will have Free T3. She doesn't care about Free T3. She looked at my TSH and said it was 'great!'

I'll have to wait until the end of Sept. for my appt. with the endo to get Free T3.

I'll start taking an iron supplement. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #163

Donna, can you call the endo's office and see if they have cancellations. Normally mondays are a good day to call between 8-10 when they open.. That way you are fresh and maybe (hopes!) they have a cancellation list.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Donna, can you call the endo's office and see if they have cancellations. Normally mondays are a good day to call between 8-10 when they open.. That way you are fresh and maybe (hopes!) they have a cancellation list.
I've been doing that and they are currently telling me "No cancellations, in fact, now we're booking new patients in November." (so I guess I'm supposed to be thankful for my appt. at the end of Sept. that I made in July.)

(I guess with the short supply of GOOD endo's available in Baton Rouge, this guy gets booked up quick.)
Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #165

LIkely so.
My old endo (he was good) booked a WHOLE yr out but they had cancellations (on mondays) and i'd get in that week lol...

can only try..
Old 08-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
LIkely so.
My old endo (he was good) booked a WHOLE yr out but they had cancellations (on mondays) and i'd get in that week lol...

can only try..
I'll keep trying. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
LIkely so.

can only try..
Ileen! I don't believe it!!!

I just called and she put me on hold forever and then she came back and said, "Can you be here at 9:20 a.m. tomorrow?" I sure can!!!!

Whoopee!!!!

Thank you SO MUCH Ileen! I wouldn't have called today if it hadn't been for your post!

QUESTION:
They are going to run bloodwork. I am going to go fasting.

Should I take my Armour at 7 a.m. as usual or should I not? (The lady on the phone said "Take everything as usual.")

Should I take it?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #168

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Persistance! Being proactive always helps

can you wake and take it so that you can estimate 4-5hrs (count time you are with the dr?)

I'd take it so you can get accurate labs..make sure to ask them exactly what they are testing.. assume nothing..

good luck!!!!! :hug:
Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

can you wake and take it so that you can estimate 4-5hrs (count time you are with the dr?)

I'd take it so you can get accurate labs..make sure to ask them exactly what they are testing.. assume nothing..

I can do that. So if my appt. is at 9:20 a.m. I probably won't see the dr until around 10. Blood may be drawn around 10:15 or so.

How about I take my Armour at 5:45 a.m.?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

One thing that further ticked me off about the other dr. was that I think she lied to me about my Free T3. She told me it was 2.68 and I just got all of the testing papers from her office and there was no Free T3 test.

Anyway . . . I'm done with her for thyroid! Yipeeeee!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

UPDATE!

I'm back from the dr. and I have three different prescriptions.

First -- Pam, he doesn't prescribe Armour. He said that there are consistency issues from pill to pill. (Hmmmpf.) He looked at my last two sets of labs and said there was room for improvement and he raised my thyroid med. So I'm going from Armour 30 mg. to Levoxyl 88 mcg. I don't know how big of a difference that is? I know I'm going from T3/T4 to a T4 only med. He said he'd check my Free T3 in 6 weeks and if I needed some he'd add Cytomel.

He said my memory problems were due to grinding my teeth at night and light sleeping. He prescribed Klonopin 0.5 mg to take before bedtime. I asked him if it was a sleeping pill and he said no. It will help me get into deeper sleep, beyond REM. Hmmm.

He said I can continue with the Wellbutrin but once we get my thyroid fixed I probably won't need it anymore.

He said I have Metabolic Syndrome X and if I keep going like I am I'll get diabetes and heart disease. (I told him I started eating low carb in June and he poo poo'd the idea. He said that most people can't stick to that. He said they emphasised portion control at his clinic.) Then he prescribed Victoza (it's like Byetta) injectable. It does something with your response to insulin? It's supposed to cause weightloss. I think it's also highly likely to cause nausea for a couple of weeks. Hmmmm. (BTW, I'm one of those that WILL be 'sticking to' low carb. )

I'm also supposed to take 2,000 mg. of D3 daily.

He diagnosed:
Hypocalcemia
Hypothyroidism
Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol and lipids)
Metabolic Syndrome X
Vitamin D Deficiency

Tests he's running in 6 weeks:
Calcium
Cholesterol / Lipid Panel
T3 Free
T4 Free
TSH
C-Peptine
Insuline Serum
Glucose, Serum
Vitamin D
Celiac Disease Panel

So there it is, the good, the bad, and the ugly. But I'm going to stick it out because I really don't have other options in my city. I'm willing to try it all and see how I do. I feel like I've done something today towards getting better. I know I can't go on like I have been.

If the Victoza stuff makes me too sick, I'll stop taking it.

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 08-26-2010 at 11:34 AM..
Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #172
Thyroid Patient Advocate

Victoza and lowcarb doesn't "mix" well. Call him back and tell him regardless of what 'his clinic' does you do lowcarb.

I don't like taking something I can get addicted to. (now see..I"m 'bad'. I would have handed back the Rx. for Klonopin and requested a needle set and heroin).

He's done the complete OPPOSITE of what he's done for five other patients I know IRL. So ..now I'm confused.

Pam
Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jade8187
Stats: 207/177/160???
WOE: Atkins/LCHF
I've been waiting for you to post the results of your Dr. visit.

I'm familiar withn you from another website I too am experiencing metabolic syndrome X, as well as dealing with alot of the same issues you are. I had been on armour until Jan'10, now on nothing and am feeling as if I'm just going through the motions, not really depressed, just plain EXHAUSTED!!!! And the PAIN is unbelievable!!!! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 10yrs. ago. Is it fibro or hypothyroid???? Did better on the armour but np had the same old story, not stable etc. and I couldn't afford to travel to the Dr. who originally started treating me.

I had some funky blood work in March'10, and my np referred me to an endo.
5 month wait. Not sure if I will bother, my tsh is 2.79, ft4 is bottom of range and ft3 is mid-range. Look for me on the other site in labs, Input appreciated.

Let me know how you really feel about todays appt. Deb
jade8187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Victoza and lowcarb doesn't "mix" well. Call him back and tell him regardless of what 'his clinic' does you do lowcarb.

I don't like taking something I can get addicted to. (now see..I"m 'bad'. I would have handed back the Rx. for Klonopin and requested a needle set and heroin).

He's done the complete OPPOSITE of what he's done for five other patients I know IRL. So ..now I'm confused.

Pam
Well, I didn't know what Klonopin was, I had to come home and Google it! You think I'll get addicted?

I'm confused too.

I want to try all of this stuff if it will bring me back to health (and bring my memory back) -- but it does seem like a LOT of new, aggressive stuff to start all at once.

Do you think he did me different than the others you know because there was something different about the way I presented? He examined me and said my reflexes were slow. He noted that I have skin tags on my neck (sign of something to do with insulin.) He pressed on my lower legs in a spot that I didn't even know hurt like the dickens and proclaimed that it was a sign of my vitamin D deficiency.

I want to believe in him. I'm willing to try it (but I'm not really good with 'recreational' prescription meds -- I'm so 'clean' they always affect me stronger than normal people. I'm a cheap drunk too, since I never drink.)

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 08-26-2010 at 12:03 PM..
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #175
Thyroid Patient Advocate

I'd give him six months. But I sure as HECK would NOT change my diet IF it is working...but it doesn't sound like lowcarb IS working well for you actually...so go with what this doc wants first...and if it's not going anywhere in a few months...then tell him so. So MANY patients just walk away without telling the doc WHY...it's not fair for you, the doc or the next patient.

I don't know 'you' but for myself, I would NEVER take Klonopin in place of a non addictive sleep aid. But many do well on a combo of synthetic T4 and cytomel...so better that than nothing. Um, slow reflexes would tell a stupid doc you have hypothyroidism, so that's a no brainer. And yeah...the spot being 'tender' is a dead giveaway to low Vit. D.

Most of us with hypo are 'light weights' in the drug and alcohol department. If the klonopin gets to where you MUST take it to sleep...I'd be weaning off of it. Isn't there a new sleeping pill that's not addictive and wears off in like six, seven hours? Someone was talking about it.

Yanno...a new doctor...new patient..ya gotta learn to 'meld' with each other. By next appt. maybe you'll feel better and you can say "i don't like the Klonopin...do you know how much I can sell that for on the street" and he'll back off. (not really, I'm just kidding Donna, ha ha).

Pam
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade8187 View Post
I've been waiting for you to post the results of your Dr. visit.

I'm familiar withn you from another website I too am experiencing metabolic syndrome X, as well as dealing with alot of the same issues you are. I had been on armour until Jan'10, now on nothing and am feeling as if I'm just going through the motions, not really depressed, just plain EXHAUSTED!!!! And the PAIN is unbelievable!!!! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 10yrs. ago. Is it fibro or hypothyroid???? Did better on the armour but np had the same old story, not stable etc. and I couldn't afford to travel to the Dr. who originally started treating me.

I had some funky blood work in March'10, and my np referred me to an endo.
5 month wait. Not sure if I will bother, my tsh is 2.79, ft4 is bottom of range and ft3 is mid-range. Look for me on the other site in labs, Input appreciated.

Let me know how you really feel about todays appt. Deb
Now I'm wracking my brain to think which website! Is it a LC website or a homeschooling website?

You really, really need to get back on Armour. Five month wait! Yikes! Get on the list and call every Monday like I did -- you just may luck out with a cancellation for a new patient spot! (I got in a month early!)

How do I really feel about today's appt?

I feel good that I did SOMETHING to feel better.

But I don't know if it's going to make me feel better . . . or worse?

I'm excited about getting more thyroid meds because I need them.

I'm open-minded about the Klonopin stuff for sleep because I am a really light sleeper. I do grind my molars. Despite running a fan on the floor just for noise and the fan on the ceiling, I still awaken at the slightest sound. Once awakened, if it's anytime after 3 a.m. and I can probably hang it up for the night. I'm either up for the day or I'll get sleepy just about the time the kids start waking up. So, maybe the Klonopin will do me a good turn?

The Victoza is the thing I'm most worried about. The dr. said 'It's safe. My wife and son took it. It's safe.' so I want to believe him. But there are many, many reviews online that say people are very, very sick the first few weeks. Some 'just' have nausea, some have vomiting, and some have very bad constipation. Gee, I wonder why they lose weight? I'm willing to try it and maybe stay on the lower dose longer than usual. You start at a begining dose and then raise it every week until you reach maximum dose strength on week #3.

I've been praying for relief from my symptoms. Maybe all of this stuff is the cure? Or maybe I need to try it and throw away what doesn't work for me. Seems like that's what a lot of thyroid patients have to do.

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 08-26-2010 at 12:13 PM..
Old 08-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'd give him six months. But I sure as HECK would NOT change my diet IF it is working...but it doesn't sound like lowcarb IS working well for you actually...so go with what this doc wants first...and if it's not going anywhere in a few months...then tell him so. So MANY patients just walk away without telling the doc WHY...it's not fair for you, the doc or the next patient.

I don't know 'you' but for myself, I would NEVER take Klonopin in place of a non addictive sleep aid. But many do well on a combo of synthetic T4 and cytomel...so better that than nothing. Um, slow reflexes would tell a stupid doc you have hypothyroidism, so that's a no brainer. And yeah...the spot being 'tender' is a dead giveaway to low Vit. D.

Most of us with hypo are 'light weights' in the drug and alcohol department. If the klonopin gets to where you MUST take it to sleep...I'd be weaning off of it. Isn't there a new sleeping pill that's not addictive and wears off in like six, seven hours? Someone was talking about it.

Yanno...a new doctor...new patient..ya gotta learn to 'meld' with each other. By next appt. maybe you'll feel better and you can say "i don't like the Klonopin...do you know how much I can sell that for on the street" and he'll back off. (not really, I'm just kidding Donna, ha ha).

Pam
Oh, Pam! My kids are gonna' wonder why I'm laughing so hard in here by myself!!!! Good one!!!

I'll try it and see. If I don't like it, I have five refills. Maybe I could fund a weekend getaway?

I am NOT giving up low carb. That's not negotiable. I don't think he was telling me I had to stop LC. He said, 'The diet industry is a billion dollar industry and they keep coming out with stuff and people can't stick to fad diets. We stress portion control here.' I just let it slide. There's no specific diet I have to follow because I go to him. I'm staying low carb. I hardly ever have cravings and I think that once my thyroid gets to a better place I'll start losing.

But how am I supposed to go out and exercise if I'm puking my guts out from Victoza? IDK

I've heard good things about Dr. B. too. My old boss had recommended him because his wife goes to Dr. B. for her hypothyroid and she lost her extra weight. I don't know how big she got when she went hypo, but I've met her and she's not overweight now. (Kicking myself for not cornering her at the last company party and asking her about it!) I don't work there anymore.

I'm going to try this stuff and I'll let you gals know how it works, okay?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #178
Thyroid Patient Advocate

Um, actually, I was talking about doing LC and using Victoza. I'd heard that it doesn't go well when you are eating a lot of fat. And I don't like any doctor who calls lowcarb a 'fad diet'. I woulda been all over him.

Did you know that you were Type II diabetic? (I don't like the use of Byetta or the 'new kid' Victoza if you don't have Type II...I was talked into Byetta and it didn't go well at all...I do NOT have type II diabetes..I am insulin resistant but not enough for that stuff).

Just think...you just might be his first patient EVER to be a successful lowcarber. Then he'll do what my doctors do!!! My immunologist, my pulmonologist and my internist really didn't like me doing LC...but nowadays when I do my lipid panels...they run all over their buildings showing them to everyone! (the immunologist has lost 40 lbs. and she said she's a lowcarber for life now).

Maybe you'll teach HIM!!

Pam
Old 08-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Um, actually, I was talking about doing LC and using Victoza. I'd heard that it doesn't go well when you are eating a lot of fat. And I don't like any doctor who calls lowcarb a 'fad diet'. I woulda been all over him.

Did you know that you were Type II diabetic? (I don't like the use of Byetta or the 'new kid' Victoza if you don't have Type II...I was talked into Byetta and it didn't go well at all...I do NOT have type II diabetes..I am insulin resistant but not enough for that stuff).

Just think...you just might be his first patient EVER to be a successful lowcarber. Then he'll do what my doctors do!!! My immunologist, my pulmonologist and my internist really didn't like me doing LC...but nowadays when I do my lipid panels...they run all over their buildings showing them to everyone! (the immunologist has lost 40 lbs. and she said she's a lowcarber for life now).

Maybe you'll teach HIM!!

Pam
If the Victoza doesn't get along with my LC WOE then it will have to go. I'll give the Victoza a few weeks (if I can stand it) but if it's making me SICK I am going to quit.

He said I was resistant and on my way to type II. Hmpf. We'll see. (How can I turn into a type II if I'm not eating carbs?)

I'm nervous about starting all the new meds. I'm considering delaying the Victoza for a few days. I have a work project to do and I can't do it if I'm throwing up. I just picked up some ginger capsules (for nausea) from the pharmacy so I'm prepared.

So you tried Byetta? How bad was it?

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 08-26-2010 at 02:20 PM..
Old 08-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #180
Thyroid Patient Advocate

I shouldn't have been on it. I do NOT have Type II diabetes. I was switched to Metformin for a little while (I had high fasting insulin BECAUSE I cannot live unless I'm on steroids...because of autoimmune disease I have) and did fine.

Pam