Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Thyroid (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/thyroid/)
-   -   Newbie on Day 2 welcome tips and advice! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/thyroid/681813-newbie-day-2-welcome-tips-advice.html)

MaterialGirl 07-06-2010 07:14 AM

Newbie on Day 2 welcome tips and advice!

Hi everyone.

I am actually on Day 2 of Protein Power. Just finished reading the original book and the South Beach Supercharged and decided this fits my situation better. I have been lurking and learning alot from many of you already. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 15 years ago and like many have been up and down with weight and steadily up with med. dosage. Recently went to a new endocrinologist and it seems promising. Even with only the TSH test from my GP I am not nearly normal range for any lab right now (6.71). The endo actually listened to my symptoms, did an ultrasound and I have to get more more labs checking Vitamin D and B 12 and a few other things. Current synthroid level is 1.25 but he says once new labs come back he thinks my age and weight I should be at least at 1.50-1.75 so maybe that will help.

I was maintaining a great weight loss and feeling just fine until March of this year - went through about three months of very bad job stress and lack of sleep and all the sudden I was so symptomatic it was ridiculous. Thyroid had been stable for years and now it's all out of whack again. Gained 25 lbs back in 6 months. UGH! I had no idea that stress could do that but I'm convinced it did.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate any senior Protein Power hypothyroid folks to comment on my menu so far (yesterday)

Breakfast:
3 oz Canadian Bacon
2 deviled eggs
1 oz smoked cheddar
1/2 c strawberries

Lunch:
chicken/sausage/cauliflower cheese casserole (pp recipe)
1/2 c green beans

Snack:
10 almonds
1 string cheese

Dinner:
4 oz london broil
green salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and 6 grape tomatoes
1 stalk celery with 1 tbsp cream cheese
4 oz red wine

THANKS in advance for your wisdom and sharing!

GME 07-06-2010 08:01 AM

Welcome to the boards. I don't do PP or Synthroid and don't have any advice really, but I didn't want you to think folks were reading your post and ignorning you. Your menu looks delicious.

Stress does seem to knock our bodies for a loop doesn't it? I have only been getting my thyroid treated for a few months, but I was feeling good and then had a couple of stressful weeks in May. Bam! I gained 10 lbs and felt like I had been drug behind a wagon.

Someone with more advice will be along soon, I'm sure.

MaterialGirl 07-06-2010 08:10 AM

Thanks for the welcome Gina. BTW, what does the JUDDD in your WOE stand for? I don't know all the acronyms yet and haven't seen that one before.

inatic 07-06-2010 08:17 AM

welcome!

Not a protein power knowledgable person either..

if your dr is thinking you need that much more.. does he think you'd do ok with some cytomel? Do you have labs you can share? That much synthroid, when raised is a lot. TSH you know is not to test OR treat thyroid. You really need to know your FT3 and FT4 as well.

MaterialGirl 07-06-2010 08:34 AM

I see the doc again on August 9th. I will be getting the labs a week or so prior to that with more detail and will share. He wanted me to take my birth control at a different time to see if it makes a difference for several weeks before the new labs so we'll see. That would be a real kick if it does make a difference because I've been taking them both in the a.m. for 15 years. ... geez what we don't know! Had an ultrasound last week and that was all good. My main syptoms right now are that my feet and fingers (not hands just fingers) are swollen - my rings and most of my shoes are sooo tight. Drank over 120 oz of water yesterday.

GME 07-06-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVParrothead (Post 13661176)
Thanks for the welcome Gina. BTW, what does the JUDDD in your WOE stand for? I don't know all the acronyms yet and haven't seen that one before.

(Dr.) Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet. It is basically a calorie cycling plan. I found it before I figured out my thyroid went south on me. Regular LC (or anything else for that matter) wasn't working for me anymore and JUDDD was the only way I could scrape out 2-3 pounds a month (and even that eventually stopped). I liked it so much I stuck with it even when I got treated.

According to the plan as written, you alternate between 25-35% of your normal calorie needs on your Down Day and eating whatever you want without intentionally overeating on your Up Day.

The plan was originally developed as a way to control inflammatory disease through calorie restriction. Many followers report marked improvement in things like asthma and arthritis. The book says the DDs give you the benefits of fasting, but the UDs keep your body form dialing back its metabolism.

Personally, I alternate between 500 cal days and a regular, low(er) carb days. After losing the first 50 or so lbs with Atkins-like LC, I found out I really needed to be strict with carbs and pay attention to calories to continue to lose. I feel better though with a more carbs and good fats. I can maintain eating like that on a daily basis, but not lose. So on my DDs I eat mainly lean protein and veggies and on my UDs I can eat avocados, coconut oil, nuts, sprouted grain bread, oatmeal and other good stuff that just seems to be too calorie dense or high carb for everyday.

MaterialGirl 07-06-2010 11:38 AM

Thanks Gina.

I learn so much on this board. I like how you described figuring out what works for you ... that's the part of the process I am dealing with right now and so far the only thing I've figured out for sure is that it has to be something I can live with and stick with. I have to really personalize it in a way I haven't considered before and listen, and pay attention to my body and its responses - so much more than the scale. I want to lose weight, yes, but I also want to "figure it out", really master an eating plan; a lifestyle. I'm really sick of the cycle. !!!

lisabinil 07-06-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inatic (Post 13661199)
welcome!

Not a protein power knowledgable person either..

if your dr is thinking you need that much more.. does he think you'd do ok with some cytomel? Do you have labs you can share? That much synthroid, when raised is a lot. TSH you know is not to test OR treat thyroid. You really need to know your FT3 and FT4 as well.

I agree with Ileen. Synthroid is T4 and some of us have conversion problems to T3. Until Cytomel (T3) was added to my Synthroid I was unable to lose weight.

nonstickpam107 07-06-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GME (Post 13661251)
(Dr.) Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet. It is basically a calorie cycling plan. I found it before I figured out my thyroid went south on me. Regular LC (or anything else for that matter) wasn't working for me anymore and JUDDD was the only way I could scrape out 2-3 pounds a month (and even that eventually stopped). I liked it so much I stuck with it even when I got treated.

According to the plan as written, you alternate between 25-35% of your normal calorie needs on your Down Day and eating whatever you want without intentionally overeating on your Up Day.

The plan was originally developed as a way to control inflammatory disease through calorie restriction. Many followers report marked improvement in things like asthma and arthritis. The book says the DDs give you the benefits of fasting, but the UDs keep your body form dialing back its metabolism.

Personally, I alternate between 500 cal days and a regular, low(er) carb days. After losing the first 50 or so lbs with Atkins-like LC, I found out I really needed to be strict with carbs and pay attention to calories to continue to lose. I feel better though with a more carbs and good fats. I can maintain eating like that on a daily basis, but not lose. So on my DDs I eat mainly lean protein and veggies and on my UDs I can eat avocados, coconut oil, nuts, sprouted grain bread, oatmeal and other good stuff that just seems to be too calorie dense or high carb for everyday.

So, have you lost a great deal more and faster on JUDDD? (I'm curious...a couple other people are asking about it). I find myself 'naturally' scaling down calories/food every third day or so, and sometimes have a day where I got a whole 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a salad in. :) But I don't feel 'hungry' and I'm not doing it 'on purpose'...it just happens that way in my world.

Pam

nonstickpam107 07-06-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVParrothead (Post 13661241)
I see the doc again on August 9th. I will be getting the labs a week or so prior to that with more detail and will share. He wanted me to take my birth control at a different time to see if it makes a difference for several weeks before the new labs so we'll see. That would be a real kick if it does make a difference because I've been taking them both in the a.m. for 15 years. ... geez what we don't know! Had an ultrasound last week and that was all good. My main syptoms right now are that my feet and fingers (not hands just fingers) are swollen - my rings and most of my shoes are sooo tight. Drank over 120 oz of water yesterday.

Birth control is hormone and it opposes thyroid. It stops conversion of T4 to T3 (which is necessary to be normal thyroid) at all times in the bloodstream..no matter WHEN you take it. You deserve a Free T4 and Free T3 test to see 'where you are'. NORMAL HUMAN FT4 is about midway of it's range, and normal human FT3 is 2/3 of it's range or better while TSH is suppressed to under a 1.

Doctor who only ever give T4 synthetic and only ever see TSH and Total T4 don't 'get it' that the porcine hormone replacements are some T4 and a much greater portion of T3 (cuz they mimic the normal human thyroid). Precisely why we keep lists of the doctors who know which tests to do and how to interpret them and also how to add in T3.

ETA: Are you in the US? And thyroid hormone (especially T4 synthetic) doesn't go by 'weight and age'. It goes by Free T4 and Free T3 levels.

Pam

MaterialGirl 07-06-2010 04:13 PM

Thanks Pam.

I will have the T3 and T4 tests on the new lab that I will do around the beginning of August and I would love to hear your thoughts. I kinda think he ordered them only because I asked him some questions about it since I've been lurking here. But he did take the time to explain conversion to me and answered my rather lengthy list of questions so I'm gonna give him a chance for now.

Oh, I am in Las Vegas and am currently seeing Dr. Nakhle but I just started with him - was just with my GP before that. I'd love any suggestions from anyone so that if it doesn't work out I can check out others here.

GME 07-07-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 (Post 13662584)
So, have you lost a great deal more and faster on JUDDD? (I'm curious...a couple other people are asking about it). I find myself 'naturally' scaling down calories/food every third day or so, and sometimes have a day where I got a whole 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a salad in. :) But I don't feel 'hungry' and I'm not doing it 'on purpose'...it just happens that way in my world.

Pam

At the time I started JUDDD, I wasn't losing at all on anything. Now, I probably could if I restricted calories as well as carbs everyday. I am past the "eat all the cream and bacon you want" stage of LC (I could actually do that early on). I may be losing a bit faster, but I am a really slllooowww loser usually.

What keeps me with JUDDD is the flexibility and how forgiving it is. If you are going well with strict LC and have an off-plan meal it isn't unusual to be up 5-6 lbs the next day. Not with JUDDD. For one thing, there isn't really an off-plan meal since your plan calls for eating to satisfaction on your UDs. Now, you can't make a meal of hot fudge sundaes or you won't lose anything but that is no surprise (or shouldn't be) to an experienced dieter.

It is perfect for social obligations, parties, holidays and special occasions. You have much more leeway with what you eat on UDs and the DDs balance them out. If you have an occasion coming up and it isn't on a UD, you can change your schedule to make it one. I have gone on vacations and trips while JUDDDing and what I do is "watch" what I eat and have a DD here or there if it seems convienient. I usually come home the same or maybe up 2-3 lbs and a couple of good DDs will take care of that and put me back on track.

The DDs, of course, are a bit tougher but once you find out what works for you and what are some low calorie foods you like they really are not bad. Its only one day. Every once in awhile a DD will just feel impossible for some reason. If that happens to me I make it an UD (or "medium day") and try again tomorrow. The times I have given up on a DD, the next one has been extra easy for some reason.

It seems to take a little while to get "settled" into JUDDD. Some people take the "eat whatever you want" statement too literally at first, but that seems to wear off after awhile. You also need to figure out your best eating pattern on DDs. Some people like to make several small meals. Some prefer to fast all day and eat a "normal" dinner with their family. Some like to "bulk up" their foods with low cal veggies & things like shiritaki noodles. Some just eat lean protein.

Who it seems NOT to be good for is people with a history of eating disorders and the hypoglycemic.

There is a JUDDD thread on the "Other Plans" board. There are folks there that have been doing it for awhile and are happy to share and advise. There is also a thread for DD menus and foods that is helpful too.

nonstickpam107 07-07-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVParrothead (Post 13662838)
Thanks Pam.

I will have the T3 and T4 tests on the new lab that I will do around the beginning of August and I would love to hear your thoughts. I kinda think he ordered them only because I asked him some questions about it since I've been lurking here. But he did take the time to explain conversion to me and answered my rather lengthy list of questions so I'm gonna give him a chance for now.

Oh, I am in Las Vegas and am currently seeing Dr. Nakhle but I just started with him - was just with my GP before that. I'd love any suggestions from anyone so that if it doesn't work out I can check out others here.

There's a really good thyroid doc in Vegas that someone here goes to and a couple in Vegas that use T4/T3 therapy.

Make SURE it's going to be FREE T4 and FREE T3 you are getting along with TPO AB. Make SURE it's not a 'T3 Uptake' or just T4, T3 instead of Free's.

Pam

nonstickpam107 07-07-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GME (Post 13664611)
At the time I started JUDDD, I wasn't losing at all on anything. Now, I probably could if I restricted calories as well as carbs everyday. I am past the "eat all the cream and bacon you want" stage of LC (I could actually do that early on). I may be losing a bit faster, but I am a really slllooowww loser usually.

What keeps me with JUDDD is the flexibility and how forgiving it is. If you are going well with strict LC and have an off-plan meal it isn't unusual to be up 5-6 lbs the next day. Not with JUDDD. For one thing, there isn't really an off-plan meal since your plan calls for eating to satisfaction on your UDs. Now, you can't make a meal of hot fudge sundaes or you won't lose anything but that is no surprise (or shouldn't be) to an experienced dieter.

It is perfect for social obligations, parties, holidays and special occasions. You have much more leeway with what you eat on UDs and the DDs balance them out. If you have an occasion coming up and it isn't on a UD, you can change your schedule to make it one. I have gone on vacations and trips while JUDDDing and what I do is "watch" what I eat and have a DD here or there if it seems convienient. I usually come home the same or maybe up 2-3 lbs and a couple of good DDs will take care of that and put me back on track.

The DDs, of course, are a bit tougher but once you find out what works for you and what are some low calorie foods you like they really are not bad. Its only one day. Every once in awhile a DD will just feel impossible for some reason. If that happens to me I make it an UD (or "medium day") and try again tomorrow. The times I have given up on a DD, the next one has been extra easy for some reason.

It seems to take a little while to get "settled" into JUDDD. Some people take the "eat whatever you want" statement too literally at first, but that seems to wear off after awhile. You also need to figure out your best eating pattern on DDs. Some people like to make several small meals. Some prefer to fast all day and eat a "normal" dinner with their family. Some like to "bulk up" their foods with low cal veggies & things like shiritaki noodles. Some just eat lean protein.

Who it seems NOT to be good for is people with a history of eating disorders and the hypoglycemic.

There is a JUDDD thread on the "Other Plans" board. There are folks there that have been doing it for awhile and are happy to share and advise. There is also a thread for DD menus and foods that is helpful too.

I just ordered the book (cuz I have all types of plans here, to refer too, different strokes for different folks, lol). My DH said "Hey, you literally don't eat for 24 hours a couple times a week with your wacky schedule" and he's right. I'll go from 6pm one night, then work midnight to 10am and not eat till after seven that night. And I work three days a week. Hmmm. Maybe THAT'S why I'm maintaining pretty easily and my asthma has been pretty good even in this heat.

I'm almost afraid to ponder what an 'UD' for me would be. Cows and pigs would have to run for their lives, lol. What's a strict LC'er's UD look like, I wonder.

Pam

MaterialGirl 07-07-2010 08:12 AM

Hey Pam

I just looked at my lab sheet and it does have Free T4 circled, but the T3 listed on the sheet does say "uptake" - it's the only thing listed for T3 that I can see. Would it be under any other name? There are a few items under thyroid that I don't recognize? THANKS so much!!!

GME 07-07-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 (Post 13664676)
I just ordered the book (cuz I have all types of plans here, to refer too, different strokes for different folks, lol). My DH said "Hey, you literally don't eat for 24 hours a couple times a week with your wacky schedule" and he's right. I'll go from 6pm one night, then work midnight to 10am and not eat till after seven that night. And I work three days a week. Hmmm. Maybe THAT'S why I'm maintaining pretty easily and my asthma has been pretty good even in this heat.

I'm almost afraid to ponder what an 'UD' for me would be. Cows and pigs would have to run for their lives, lol. What's a strict LC'er's UD look like, I wonder.

Pam

You are an accidental intermittant faster. :laugh:

You really can combine JUDDD with anything just about. I am a moderate carb & gluten free JUDDDer. There are LC JUDDDers. We even have a paleo JUDDDer.

nonstickpam107 07-07-2010 08:24 AM

No, this is why we have lists of doctors who 'know' what they are doing. The ones that don't do thyroid well don't do Free's and don't do T3 and just base their 'guess' on TSH and T4 testing. You see, in order for the incoming T4 to do what it should, it has to 'convert' to T3. If you don't get a FT3 test, you don't know if it's converting.

I can only tell you what I'd do (and I'll provide you with a list, too). I would call the doctor, and very nicely, ask him 'Is that T3 Uptake the test for measuring the T3 in me?" and if he says 'yes' than I'd hang up, call one of the docs on the list and go there. (I'm not trying to be mean...you really do need to be further educated on what your thyroid is supposed to do, and that means knowing that ONE out of every 100 family med. docs is good at thyroid and only ONE out of every SIX endos are good at it. (Surprise!!! You're a girl and we get it most often, the autoimmune type).

Lee Van Epps, M.D., Internal Medicine/Primary care, 2874 N. Carson Street, Suite 200, Carson City, NV 89706, 775-883-9003,

Farid L. Farid, Internal medicine, 880 Seven Hill Dr., NV 89052, 702-914-6050.

Edward Hoffman -- (March 2009), Osteopath/DO, 2701 N. Tenaya Way #240, Las Vegas, NV 89128, Phone/Fax: 702-243-8100, DocHoffman@aol.com

Heather Kravitz-Coates, M. D. Internal Medicine 2825 Siena Heights Drive Henderson NV 702-617-1227.

Hope this helps you. (BTW, T3 Uptake isn't a measure of your T3, it is a test for binding T4).

Pam

nonstickpam107 07-07-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GME (Post 13664708)
You are an accidental intermittant faster. :laugh:

You really can combine JUDDD with anything just about. I am a moderate carb & gluten free JUDDDer. There are LC JUDDDers. We even have a paleo JUDDDer.

Well, I gotta stick with what I do anyway...I'm celiac and all that jazz (and just lost my eyesight in left eye...gulp...retinopathy from all the steroids I live on..key word being 'live'). So, I'm pretty much a PP'er with no goitrogens, no nuts (now..I'm too allergic) and stick with chasing after varmints and eatin' 'em. :up:

Pam

MaterialGirl 07-07-2010 08:51 AM

Thanks Pam - not to worry I would never think you are mean. You are just trying to answer the questions and provide helpful information and it is definitely information that I need. People shouldn't ask questions if they don't want to hear the truth so please feel free to be as direct as needed. This is all still a bit confusing to me but I know it's important.

I'm going to take the advice on the doctors. Dr. Nakhle is one of the few on my insurance; and he had mixed reviews on the local sites here so I thought I'd give him a try, but I don't want to waste my time and I know lots of people here say finding a good doc is worth the out-of-pocket. I just have to watch that it doesn't get too crazy as my DH is out of work :(. I recognize Dr. Heather Coates - I had actually tried to get in with her, but was told she's not taking new patients. I will definitely check out the others on your list. Thankful to be in a big metro area that's for sure.

nonstickpam107 07-07-2010 12:15 PM

I don't know how long ago you tried to get in, you might try and 'wheedle' yourself a spot "Oh, can you please put me in the system and call me if someone else cancels..I've heard online from a thyroid patient advocate that she's one of the best"....LOL

Well, being in a 'big metro area' doesn't mean a whole lot, just think, NYC is one of the hardest places on the planet to get a good thyroid doctor. I got into a very good doctor by being persistant (and even showing up with a cookie tray just before Christmas). :) I'm just shameless about getting good thyroid care. For myself as well as others.

You have a good atititude towards it all. You know it's Protein Power that busted off my weight...right? Anyway, I lost 50 pounds BEFORE I was diagnosed and treated for thyroid disease. I will say I won't do strawberries (cuz they are goitrogens, they bind the thyroid conversion...so is soy, and cauliflower, brocolli and raw cabbage family veggies...they're ok cooked, but soy is a BIG no no unless it's fermented soy (soy sauce, etc.). And nuts were a no no until I'd lost 40 or so pounds, they stalled me. I really stayed to meat, eggs, veggies a little cheese (as a condiment, heh heh) and a little heavy cream here and there. Really healthy...and worked REALLY fast.

Pam

watcher513 07-07-2010 02:15 PM

LVP, I'd call your doc back and make sure it's changed to FT3 (not T3 Uptake).

MaterialGirl 07-08-2010 11:59 AM

Thanks everybody

I really think I will try again to get in with Dr. Coates. I work in Purchasing and supposedly have good negotiation skills with our contracts and such...I sometimes need to be reminded to work them in my personal life. and Pam you are so right girl...whatever works !! Good thinking on the cookie tray.

Yes, Pam you are also one of the inspirations behing my ordering the Protein Power book!! I've been lurking here and a few other web sites and it came up over and over for some key "success stories" like yourself who have been able to make permanent change.

As far as foods I hate all things soy so that won't be an issue! And if ya know what I mean it seems to totally despise me back LOL.

I'm keeping careful track and trying to only add/change one item at a time per week - well that's my initial game plan, so I can tell if I'm going to have an issue with any particular fruit/veggie, etc. like you said. I'll have to give it a few weeks and see what tweaks are needed and keep coming back here for great info. Can't thank you all enough for the insights!

Augirl 07-09-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVParrothead (Post 13669794)
Thanks everybody

I really think I will try again to get in with Dr. Coates. I work in Purchasing and supposedly have good negotiation skills with our contracts and such...I sometimes need to be reminded to work them in my personal life. and Pam you are so right girl...whatever works !! Good thinking on the cookie tray.

Yes, Pam you are also one of the inspirations behing my ordering the Protein Power book!! I've been lurking here and a few other web sites and it came up over and over for some key "success stories" like yourself who have been able to make permanent change.

As far as foods I hate all things soy so that won't be an issue! And if ya know what I mean it seems to totally despise me back LOL.

I'm keeping careful track and trying to only add/change one item at a time per week - well that's my initial game plan, so I can tell if I'm going to have an issue with any particular fruit/veggie, etc. like you said. I'll have to give it a few weeks and see what tweaks are needed and keep coming back here for great info. Can't thank you all enough for the insights!

Hi there! :welcome:

I see Dr. Farid L. Farid here in Las Vegas....LOVE HIM! I am on synthroid (50 mcg) and T3 (5mcg 2X per day), as I could not take Armour. He has changed my life!!! :up: I see him every 6 weeks now with new labs (free T4, free T3, and hormone levels), and he has adjusted my meds accordingly. He expects he will add a little more T4 and T3 next time, just based on how it has gone for me. I have started to lose weight with the T3--and feel soooo much better too! He supports me in my goal to lose what I have put on the past four years, which is another plus!

I did not realize how sick I was until he got me well. BTW, I saw at least five "top" doctors here in Las Vegas over the past four years, and all told me my thyroid levels were just peachy...even though I was very symptomatic. I walked into Dr. Farid's office with a stack of the same labs, and he picked up my hypothyroid immediately, but his main concern has always been how I feel. That's the first thing he asks me! :D

He is an internist located over in the Anthem area. I originally got his name from Pam, and, if you cannot tell, I highly recommend him!! I am very, very fortunate that my insurance covers him!

:heart: Lisa

nonstickpam107 07-09-2010 06:26 PM

I was hoping you'd stop in here Lisa, thank you!

Pam

Augirl 07-09-2010 06:29 PM

I should also say that I have seen Dr. Farid since late April, and once I get my fT4 and fT3 optimal, I won't have to see him every 6-8 weeks. :D He will prescribe bio-identicals if needed, as well as compounded thyroid, Armour, etc. One of my friends just made an appointment to see him, and it seems to take a few weeks to get in for the first visit, but after that it is easier to get an appt. Additionally, he is one of the few doctors I have ever met in Las Vegas that will take your phone call and/or call you back!

Best of luck!

:heart: Lisa

MaterialGirl 07-12-2010 10:06 AM

Thank You Lisa!

That is the second local recommendation for Dr. Farid in a week. Sorry for the belated "thanks". I only work Mon-Thurs and rarely get on the PC at home. Anyway, I had a meeting with a colleague last week Thursday and she wanted to use the scale in my office and our discussion then turned to thyroid woes and she also recommended Dr. Farid. So, this week I'll working on scheduling with one of the new-found docs who "get it" thanks largely to yourself, Pam and others. I'm doing the happy dance already!

Also - just finished week one of Protein Power. I've been too chicken to weigh myself, but I already noticed reduction in bloating and gas - not sure if it's related, but I really feel better in that sense!

Will let everyone know about doctor's appointment! I'm so glad I found this board.

nonstickpam107 07-12-2010 02:53 PM

Yeah, that's the right way..don't get on the scale, a lot of times I didn't lose any 'weight' yet I 'shrunk' inches all over. :)

Pam

Augirl 07-15-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVParrothead (Post 13682349)
Thank You Lisa!

That is the second local recommendation for Dr. Farid in a week. Sorry for the belated "thanks". I only work Mon-Thurs and rarely get on the PC at home. Anyway, I had a meeting with a colleague last week Thursday and she wanted to use the scale in my office and our discussion then turned to thyroid woes and she also recommended Dr. Farid. So, this week I'll working on scheduling with one of the new-found docs who "get it" thanks largely to yourself, Pam and others. I'm doing the happy dance already!

Also - just finished week one of Protein Power. I've been too chicken to weigh myself, but I already noticed reduction in bloating and gas - not sure if it's related, but I really feel better in that sense!

Will let everyone know about doctor's appointment! I'm so glad I found this board.

Great! I am hopeful that you can find some good help! If it were not for Pam's referral here, I don't know where I would be right now--I was pretty much at my wits end seeing doctor after doctor and hearing that I was fine. If I was not so happy for my health, I would truly be angry! :annoyed: I am just so very thankful for everyone here! The past two days, I painted four rooms in our home--something I did not even ponder since we moved in five years ago (just about the time I started getting sick)! I think I am actually starting the scare the family a little...MOM IS BACK! :D Pam...THANK YOU! :D

reluctantexan 04-09-2013 08:40 AM

Also in Las Vegas

I'm wondering if there is an update on the local doctor Farid. I need help so badly. Two days ago the temp was in the 80s here and I was out and about. I don't sweat. I don't lose weight.
My Weight Chart:
http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/WeightPlot/wE297pM.png>