Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Thyroid (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/thyroid/)
-   -   Who has a thyroid doctor in Nashville, TN who Rx's Armour or T4/Cytomel combo? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/thyroid/649598-who-has-thyroid-doctor-nashville-tn-who-rxs-armour-t4-cytomel-combo.html)

nonstickpam107 12-02-2009 06:46 AM

Who has a thyroid doctor in Nashville, TN who Rx's Armour or T4/Cytomel combo?

For a friend of a friend. TIA.

Looking for doctor who will Rx. natural porcine thyroid (Armour, Naturethroid, etc.) or T4 and Cytomel synthetics. Will do necessary labs (Free T4, Free T3, etc.) and will optimize (meaning will give enough hormone to get patient on track....not just 'heave 50mcg. Synthroid at them').

Pam

nonstickpam107 12-02-2009 05:55 PM

C'mon now...can ya call Tim or Faith or Boots or someone and ask who they go to? (J/K)

Pam

Lilgrnize 12-02-2009 08:53 PM

Pam, if you get any good leads for Nashville, please share with me. I've been looking for a doc in Nashville area for awhile with no luck.

nonstickpam107 12-03-2009 05:44 AM

I have four others looking too. Sigh. Seems like a 'dead area' for thyroid treatment.

Pam

melissemmi 12-06-2009 04:48 AM

There is an amazing doctor, Dr. Vasquez with Summit. He will actually listen to you. Imagine that. He is open to different treatment and treating by symptoms. I almost hate to share him because I don't want him to be too busy. But everyone deserves to be listened to. And you have helped so many people.

nonstickpam107 12-06-2009 07:09 AM

I thank you so very much....Can you share his address and phone number? Is that in Hermitage, TN?
Pam

melissemmi 12-06-2009 08:14 AM

Yes, that is the one. It is right off of I-40 Old Hickory exit. The phone number is 615-883-2331. It might be 15 minutes from downtown Nashville.

nonstickpam107 12-06-2009 08:40 AM

Someone will have a better quality of life for you sharing that. :) Thanks so much.

Pam

TNgirl1972 12-08-2009 12:52 PM

I learned last year I had hypothyroidism. Dr. Bradley Bullock was recommended to me and I am extremely satisfied with him and his treatment. We started out on Levothyroxine--although the numbers got better, my symptoms got worse. So he switched to Armour and we are currently perfecting the dose. I feel so much better. He treats your symptoms--would definitely recommend him to anyone dealing with hypothyroidism. He is at Cool Springs Internal Medicine and Pediatrics - Brentwood, TN 615-376-8195. Good luck.

nonstickpam107 12-08-2009 03:10 PM

That's good to hear TNgirl, thank you!

Pam

Ilpirata 12-09-2009 09:55 AM

This thread makes me happy.

nonstickpam107 12-09-2009 06:55 PM

Me too. :) Very full of Christmas Spirit, isn't it?

Pam

inatic 12-15-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 (Post 12828889)
I thank you so very much....Can you share his address and phone number? Is that in Hermitage, TN?
Pam

He told my tennesse friend she was fine. Her problem is that she is eating too often and she should do the leptin diet :eek::eek: :down:

nonstickpam107 12-15-2009 01:56 PM

That doesn't surprise me. It's a bad area to have to get good thyroid care in. Maybe she should try that Dr. Bullock?

Pam

inatic 12-15-2009 02:05 PM

she's gonna try Calbs PA who supposedly specializes in thryoid and hormones.

we'll see

nonstickpam107 12-15-2009 03:22 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for her! Good vibes coming her way.

Pam

inatic 12-15-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 (Post 12866763)
Keeping my fingers crossed for her! Good vibes coming her way.

Pam

thanks pam.
her appt is jan 5th

pemmy 12-19-2009 03:14 PM

Hi, I am in Hermitage, TN. I am also looking for a new thyroid dr. I have Hashi's but my present endo dr at Vanderbilt says she is not concerned as my antibodies are not in the thousands. She does not do FT3. I had parathyroid surgery last FE. I saw her before that I was concerned about high calcium. I had asked for thyroid tests. I am to see her in April. I would like to find a new dr. My optometrist told me his wife sees Dr Chapdelaine in Brentwood. He said he was kind of socially inept(whatever that means. Maybe he is not into friendly chitchat?) but that he knows his stuff. He prescribes armour. Natural Health Bridge Someone also listed him on Tennessee Top Thyroid doctor list. I have not decided if I am going to go to him or find someone closer. There are no doctors here in Hermitage. My family dr gave me the name of an endo here but said he does not prescribe armour. I am not on any meds yet.

Who is Calbs PA ?

Thanks! Pam

nonstickpam107 12-19-2009 07:59 PM

I'd see that doc at Natural Health Bridge (but he likes to sell supplements from what I've been told by patients). Yanno, you can get a FT4, FT3 at Online Lab Tests: blood work, blood testing and laboratory tests you order online (Thyroid panel II), pay online, and they send you to a lab near YOU.

Pam

Dooditsglory 12-31-2009 10:31 PM

I was going to PM you pemmy then i realized you can't send PMs! I am calling soon (once i get my insurance stuff figured out) to make an appointment with Dr.Chapdelaine. I have Hashi's too! I am having the same problem.The doctors i have seen so far don't want to treat me because my TSH isn't out of whack but yet i have all these symptoms that are driving me insane! If you don't mind me asking, is it a normal thing for people with Hashi's to have high calcium because i have never been tested for it (that i know of).

Well nice to meet you!

nonstickpam107 01-01-2010 09:56 AM

No, it's not a normal thing for folks with Hashimoto's to have high blood level calcium. BUT, it IS 'normal' for those with a parathyroid adenoma (small tumor, usually benign, it's called 'hyperparathyroidism) to have high blood calcium, and I've had that too (seems a percentage of us with Hashi's also have that). They remove the tumor (over night stay) and you're usually back to good in a few days.

Pam

pemmy 01-20-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armystolehim04 (Post 12925852)
I was going to PM you pemmy then i realized you can't send PMs! I am calling soon (once i get my insurance stuff figured out) to make an appointment with Dr.Chapdelaine. I have Hashi's too! I am having the same problem.The doctors i have seen so far don't want to treat me because my TSH isn't out of whack but yet i have all these symptoms that are driving me insane! If you don't mind me asking, is it a normal thing for people with Hashi's to have high calcium because i have never been tested for it (that i know of).

Well nice to meet you!

I will be anxious to see how your appt goes with Dr. Chapdelaine.
I belonged to a yahoo group for hyperparathyroid disease(high calcium in blood)and was surprised that some of the gals also had thyroid problems, too.

inatic 01-20-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 (Post 12866484)
That doesn't surprise me. It's a bad area to have to get good thyroid care in. Maybe she should try that Dr. Bullock?

Pam

The NP is working out really well..

nonstickpam107 01-20-2010 08:47 PM

Oh, I'm SO glad to hear that Ileen!! Woohoo!!!

Pam

Dooditsglory 01-22-2010 07:47 PM

I have an appointment with Dr.Chapdelaine on Feb 6th I will let you guys know how it goes

Dreamchaser 02-01-2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inatic (Post 12866515)
she's gonna try Calbs PA who supposedly specializes in thryoid and hormones.

we'll see

Quote:

Originally Posted by inatic (Post 13023241)
The NP is working out really well..

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 (Post 13025348)
Oh, I'm SO glad to hear that Ileen!! Woohoo!!!

Pam

OK, bumping this up to see if I can get any updates!

I live in southern Indiana 2.5 hours away from the Nashville area and I am definitely willing to travel there for thyroid care if it would be worth it.

Ileen, who is Calbs PA and where are they located?

What the full name of the doctor and the name of the assistant?

Have you heard any more from your friend about this person? I'm wondering if this would be someone who would be worth me traveling 2.5 hours to see.

Dreamchaser 02-01-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armystolehim04 (Post 13035659)
I have an appointment with Dr.Chapdelaine on Feb 6th I will let you guys know how it goes

Good luck! I'll be anxious to hear about your visit :)

Dreamchaser 02-01-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNgirl1972 (Post 12838637)
I learned last year I had hypothyroidism. Dr. Bradley Bullock was recommended to me and I am extremely satisfied with him and his treatment. We started out on Levothyroxine--although the numbers got better, my symptoms got worse. So he switched to Armour and we are currently perfecting the dose. I feel so much better. He treats your symptoms--would definitely recommend him to anyone dealing with hypothyroidism. He is at Cool Springs Internal Medicine and Pediatrics - Brentwood, TN 615-376-8195. Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 (Post 12866484)
Maybe she should try that Dr. Bullock?

Any more info on Dr. Bradley Bullock?

inatic 02-01-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamchaser (Post 13075852)
OK, bumping this up to see if I can get any updates!

I live in southern Indiana 2.5 hours away from the Nashville area and I am definitely willing to travel there for thyroid care if it would be worth it.

Ileen, who is Calbs PA and where are they located?

What the full name of the doctor and the name of the assistant?

Have you heard any more from your friend about this person? I'm wondering if this would be someone who would be worth me traveling 2.5 hours to see.

im waiting on an email response..

when she called the receptionist said she'd want to see the PA and directed her straight to her.

Her name is Karen F. Hyden , You'll have to google Dr. Kalb, franklin, TN

Dreamchaser 02-01-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inatic (Post 13077446)
im waiting on an email response..

when she called the receptionist said she'd want to see the PA and directed her straight to her.

Her name is Karen F. Hyden , You'll have to google Dr. Kalb, franklin, TN

Thanks Ileen! Please let me know if you hear anything else about this person or anyone else in the Nashville area.