Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
i actually got some lab results in the mail and they show i have low calcium so that explains it.I need to call Dr.Chapdelaine and make an appointment to see him because all my labs are back. I have an Optometrist appointment this saturday with the eye doctor he referred me to. Hopefully that goes well. Yes my eye pressure is high but i do get eye pain.It feels as if there is a hand in my skull squeezing the back of my eyeballs. The doctors name is Dr Cynthia Payne. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Dooditsglory is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pemmy
Thanks Armystolehim4 ! Did you have your eye dr appt this last Saturday? How did it go? Are you on any thyroid meds now? Be sure to let us know how your appt goes with Dr Chapdelaine, too.
pemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
Hey pemmy,
I did go to that eye doctor saturday. I like her a lot she is very nice and took the time to explain things to me.My eye pressure is high still it is 27 in one eye and 28 in the other.It is suppose to be under 20. I need to have my glacoma evaluation from my doctor in GA so we can start treatment.We did find out that i have a serious allergy going on that is making my eyelids and areas around my eyes swell.As far as Dr.Chapdelaine i have a doctors appointment next week because i have a lot going on this week and cannot make it this week.I will let you know if anything happens.Anything new with you?
Dooditsglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Armystolehim4, Thanks for the info. I go for my opthamologist appt next month here in Hermitage. I need to make an appt with my endocrinologist or some other dr for my thyroid next month. I appreciate all info you have given on Dr Chapdelaine and will be interested how your appt goes with him next week. Also keep updated on your eyes. Thanks so much!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member

I was going to ask if Dr Payne specializes in thyroid eye disease? Did you mention a Dr Ludwig before? Thanks!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: misskitty66
Help with thyroid meds

I have had a very interesting talk with my Dr (my new Dr). I have been diagnoised with Hypothyroid (which I should have been 5 years ago - but that is another story). My new Dr listened and paid attention to my history and my family history (my sis has Graves Disease, and my Mom has Hypo thyroid).

But, here is something he did, that no other Dr has never done. he told me there are a number of medicaitons on the market which he can prescribe me. But, I told him I wanted to research some of them, and he agreed. He told me to talk to my sis and mom about their medicines (he said he can avoid allergies if we can figure out what they take), and he wanted me to research side effects and such. He wants me to be an active participate in my care. WOW! Of course, he said he would make the final determination depending on the blood tests, but he wants me to be comfortable we are going to make a good plan.

OK so, since I get to look into these type of things - The first thing I want to do is lose weight!! So, tell me your opinions on your medications, but I also want to know about which ones let you lose weight faster! I know I will feel better if I can get some of this weight off first, then we can try other medications next. I am just so big now, and this affects my whole life.

So, please help me out. The one medication I see most is Armour. So is this one the best one? And does it get the thyroid up and going again?

Please help. My life sucks right now.

By the way, my Dr is in Nashville, and I will post his information on the next post (I need to look up his number).
misskitty66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

misskitty66, I am on not on any medication now. I would like the name of your dr in Nashville. Thanks so much! Pam
Old 03-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Armystolehim04-I am wondering how your appt went with Dr Chapdelaine and how are you doing with your eye dr/treatment?

Misskitty66-What dr do you go to?

Thanks so much!
Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michele867
Stats: 122/142/122
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
First, I want to thank whoever recommended Dr. Chapdelaine. I went to see him last week and he was awesome. Spent an entire hour just listening to me. He ordered up a slew of tests - blood,urine & saliva. The urine and saliva haven't come back yet, but the blood came back yesterday:

T3, free: 244 (230-420 pg/dl)

He said that should be at least 310 so I have a prescription for Armour and I couldn't be happier. I have watched myself gain 20 lbs in the last year even though I have been in ketosis (except Mother's Day and Thanksgiving - everyone needs special sugar holidays!) and exercising. I still may have other issues (I know my progesterone is low) that are affecting my weight, but at least this is a start.

Again, thanks to all of you. These boards have been a tremendous help to me when I was feeling completely hopeless.

Last edited by michele867; 03-24-2010 at 02:06 PM..
michele867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

michele867, Thank you for your info on Dr Chapdelaine. Please let me know how you are doing and what your labs were. Thanks, Pam in TN
Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member

I bonded with Dr. Chapdelaine again today. He had the results of my urinalysis and cortisol test. My urinalysis showed I need more B vitamins, vitamin C and anti-oxidants. Luckily, I had already started all those earlier this week.

My cortisol was awful. I did a morning, afternoon & evening:

Morning cortisol - 39 (13-24 nM)
Afternoon cortisol - 24 (5-10 nM)
Evening cortisol - 26 (3-8 nM)

He gave me fun herbal treatment for the cortisol to take in the evening. There's a different one he wants me to take in the morning, but he's out & will have more next week. Said my levels should go down in a day or two, but I'll need to keep taking it for 6 months to give my adrenals a chance to rest. Then we'll revisit the situation and see what we need to do.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:52 AM   #72
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
so what is this 'fun' herbal treatment dr wants you to take.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

One is called Cortisol Control. It's a combination of Relora, which is a combination of Magnolia and Phellodendron barks and Sensoril, which is Ashwagandha root. I've heard of using Ashwagandha root for lowering cortisol.

The other one that I don't have yet is called Seriphos. It is serine phosphate and has good reviews on Amazon.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #74
Junior LCF Member

I am bumping this up to see how everyone is doing who are seeing the mentioned doctors here in Nashville.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TNgirl1972
Dr. Bullock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
Any more info on Dr. Bradley Bullock?
Hi! I just wanted to give you an update on Dr. Bullock. I am still going to him and am happy with the results. We finally got my Armour dose regulated and I am going back for a checkup next month. There was a time last year when I could not get Armour and he actually gave me a new prescription and told me about a compounding pharmacy in Franklin. So, for a month or two I got my Armour filled there until Walgreens/CVS got in their supplies. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Thanks!
TNgirl1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #76
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
I live in southern Indiana, and for over 2 years, I have been traveling over 6 hours one way to see a good doctor in northern Indiana that Pam recommended me to a few years ago.

Well, he suddenly passed away last week!

I am strongly considering a doctor in Ohio that a friend is recommending to me. That doctor is 5.5 hours away.

I am 2.5 hours away from Nashville so I would love to hear about any updates anyone might have about any doctors in Nashville, the surrounding area or anywhere in Tennessee for that matter.

I have hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:38 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ruthgm
I too am seeking a doctor in the nashville area.
ruthgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lokarbiebarbie
Stats: 185/120/125
WOE: Atkins 1972
Start Date: December 2008
I'm so sorry the VA doesn't do things 'up to date'. And it's not just military folks either...a lot of us civilians have to pay out of pocket (I worked two full time and a part time job to afford to go to a doctor my insurance didn't cover) for good care.

It's so worth it to just save the money, see a doctor who knows what they are doing for a little while...I've found that most doctors will 'carry on' an existing prescription for Armour or for a combo of T4 and Cytomel if you see an endo who first puts you on that replacement hormone.

I now just see a regular MD...he only has four of us on Armour, but just 'carried over' the Rx because of me being 'stabilized' on it. Yes, I do have to take half my dose for a week before testing so my 'TSH' is higher cuz this doctor will go by that...but it's worth it! I won't die for a week of this and will bounce back in a couple more weeks.
Lokarbiebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jiju1943
Well scratch what I said about finding a doctor here in Chattanooga who understands thyroid medicines, I went back yesterday for a follow up and the NP who had seen me last time didn't work there anymore, I saw the actual doctor who said they need to give me tests to see how my TSH numbers are. I asked if she wanted to have my free T3 tested also and she said she went by the TSH numbers only, oh well, back to square one, at least the NP prescribed the Cytomel and that is helping but I still have no energy.

I am now on a low carb diet and have lost 22 pounds in about 6 weeks so I am happy about that, I am taking B12 shots but they don't seem to do much good. Thanks for listening to my rant.
jiju1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lmory
Nashville thyroid doc

This was an old thread asking for thyroid docs in Nashville TN that will order Armour or Nature-Throid. I need that doctor myself. Does anyone have any suggestions? I saw some mention Dr Chapdelaine...some that he is a good doctor but maybe not very nice and tries to get you to buy supplements. Also saw that some liked Dr Bradley Bullock. I sure would love some feedback so I can make an appointment somewhere!
lmory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/150/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
You can do a Google search for Dr. Perry Chapdelaine in Brentwood. He has treated me for Thyroid for several years now. He is not warm and fuzzy but he knows his stuff. My visit with insurance was $25 per visit. I paid the lab with insurance. He never pushed me to buy any supplements. I've been on the same dose of Naturethroid for a year or so now.

I just switched to a regualr family Dr. who agreed to treat with Naturethroid. The only reason that I made the switch was to find a Dr. closer to home.

Dr. Chapelaine knows all the correct tests to run also for Vitamin levels and adrenal fatique if you need them.
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #82
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jiju1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin57 View Post
You can do a Google search for Dr. Perry Chapdelaine in Brentwood. He has treated me for Thyroid for several years now. He is not warm and fuzzy but he knows his stuff. My visit with insurance was $25 per visit. I paid the lab with insurance. He never pushed me to buy any supplements. I've been on the same dose of Naturethroid for a year or so now.

I just switched to a regualr family Dr. who agreed to treat with Naturethroid. The only reason that I made the switch was to find a Dr. closer to home.

Dr. Chapelaine knows all the correct tests to run also for Vitamin levels and adrenal fatique if you need them.
Thanks Erin, this is good to know. Can you tell us a little about Naturethroid, is it like Armor or is it synthetic like Synthroid? Is it by prescription? Sorry for so many questions.
jiju1943 is offline   Reply With Quote